Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Capital Dodge in Ottawa… I’m expecting July/August but once we hit September, I will be reassessing all options including moving to Ford and ordering a 2023 model. I know there is a shortage and all the “stuff” as a result of Covid but spending this kind of money (as we all know) and waiting…
It's the same for all, with no end in sight.

Dukelittle

Reaction score
If you can’t wait that long and will just order a 2023, you’re then gonna wait that long all over again.

You’ll never get a new custom order truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not my point… if the dealer can’t provide what they promised even after a couple of months grace and if they would have said it would be 6/7 months, I would have waited and ordered the 2023. I don’t mind getting the 2023 in the spring 2023… not a biggie for me.

Rameh

Reaction score
If I don’t get my order within 6 months, I told my dealership I’m not taking the 2022 model. I know there is other factors here but I said I can wait until spring 2023 for a 2023 model.
I'm a Canadian order, ordered September 13/21, can't get any info from my dealer, going on 7 months ! What a freaking joke, really takes the excitement out of buying a hundred thousand dollar truck!

gator6

Reaction score
As it relates to the systems that Ram Chat or the Dealer look at for an order status, do they update just once a day (overnight) or would it update periodically through out the day if a status would change? My dealer tells me he checks every morning. Just curious if my dealer says no updates when he checks in the morning, if Ram Chat might have a different update that evening.

So the assembly process takes 8 hours and there are a few steps that get complete during that process. So I would guess that it does update throughout the day, but the only day you would get several updates would be production day.

gator6

Reaction score
Not my point… if the dealer can’t provide what they promised even after a couple of months grace and if they would have said it would be 6/7 months, I would have waited and ordered the 2023. I don’t mind getting the 2023 in the spring 2023… not a biggie for me.

Yes but there are a few guys that ordered before production that haven’t received their orders. I asked online about realistic production timelines before I ordered, so 6 months was expected while I was told 20 weeks (yesterday) by my dealer.

The dealer here in Jacksonville tried to beat around the bush with “we can’t guarantee 8 weeks, it’s looking more like 12-16”…”funny, I’m being told 6 months by customers who have/are going through the process”…”they’re probably exaggerating”.

What is the difference with getting a 2022 this summer, and getting a 2023 next spring?

AFF

Reaction score
When I ordered I was told 6 months right from the get go I was thinking 6 months max. I'm at 133 days today so 6 months is coming. I think what pisses people off is seeing trucks delivered in such a wacky order. No rhyme or reason. I know there are parts issues, we get that. But when you see a truck posted here delivered that is exactly the same as what you ordered 2 months earlier it makes you shake your head a bit.

thejeepnewb

Reaction score
When I ordered I was told 6 months right from the get go I was thinking 6 months max. I'm at 133 days today so 6 months is coming. I think what pisses people off is seeing trucks delivered in such a wacky order. No rhyme or reason. I know there are parts issues, we get that. But when you see a truck posted here delivered that is exactly the same as what you ordered 2 months earlier it makes you shake your head a bit.

There is a rhyme and reason to it. Profit margin, high volume dealers, etc.

Stanek

Reaction score
So the assembly process takes 8 hours and there are a few steps that get complete during that process. So I would guess that it does update throughout the day, but the only day you would get several updates would be production day.

I caught my truck in paint in the morning and checked that night and it was still in paint, changed the next morning. That was ram chat though not threw dealer.

truckasaurus

Reaction score
I got an estimate build date of 5/5 from the dealer and just now "All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided" from RamChat. It doesn't seem too bad for a 1/19 order date. Any thought on how and how long a 2500 gets from the plant to Atlanta? I'm starting to get the fever and honestly thought it might be faster being a Hemi Tradesman with minimal stuff on it.....

thejeepnewb

Reaction score
Not sure I buy that. You can comb through the data on your own to come up with your own conclusion. People order from the big dealers and still wait.

Right, I only listed a few that someone else already did. It’s a combo of dealer, options, profit margin…and a little luck.

This is my 2nd custom order, so I’ve learned it’s futile to question WHY IS MINE TAKING SO LONG. Sure it’s nice to see progress, and at times escalate, but the whining I’ve seen…good gracious.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Yes but there are a few guys that ordered before production that haven’t received their orders. I asked online about realistic production timelines before I ordered, so 6 months was expected while I was told 20 weeks (yesterday) by my dealer.

The dealer here in Jacksonville tried to beat around the bush with “we can’t guarantee 8 weeks, it’s looking more like 12-16”…”funny, I’m being told 6 months by customers who have/are going through the process”…”they’re probably exaggerating”.

What is the difference with getting a 2022 this summer, and getting a 2023 next spring?

The difference for myself and probably many others would be half of the tow season wasted. I use my truck primarily apr - sept. It sits most of the winter and I drive an SUV beater. So if I take delivery in July or after, I'm missing most of what I intend to use the truck for this year. I have a perfectly good half ton that can get me by another year if need be.

P.A.

Reaction score
I got an estimate build date of 5/5 from the dealer and just now "All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided" from RamChat. It doesn't seem too bad for a 1/19 order date. Any thought on how and how long a 2500 gets from the plant to Atlanta? I'm starting to get the fever and honestly thought it might be faster being a Hemi Tradesman with minimal stuff on it.....
I can't answer your question but I also ordered on 1/19 and mine is on a train and expected to arrive tomorrow in final port. Mine is a 2500, 6.4 gas, BH, CC, 4x4 with level C

gator6

Reaction score
Not sure I buy that. You can comb through the data on your own to come up with your own conclusion. People order from the big dealers and still wait.

Case in point [mention]tyler2you [/mention] and I. We both went through Mark Dodge back in Oct/Nov, almost a month apart. My truck (Nov) was built only a few days before his (Oct). Now he’s a SRW while mine is a DRW, but we’re both LL. A matter of fact there were a good number of us LLs that had been waiting 4/5 months that were put together at the end of Feb/beginning of Mar.

I’m pretty sure it comes down to what parts the factory has on hand and how that stock is set up for that day of production. There’s a number of trucks not on the spreadsheet we’re not seeing, so we can’t rule out the idea that these are sequenced base on availability with order date considered.

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
I knew my order would take 6-9 months which I'm actually ok with because my custom Carli system still has parts on order. I got lucky on finding 5 Toyo MT's in January, my Kings were available from the get-go but they didn't show up blacked out so they've been in the queue now for powder coat for some time. Winters up here chew those raw Kings. Even the sway bar and radius arms have been on backorder since December. Still waiting on a 4" stainless muffler exhaust from Flo-Pro as well. Good things come to those who wait.

gator6

Reaction score
I knew my order would take 6-9 months which I'm actually ok with because my custom Carli system still has parts on order. I got lucky on finding 5 Toyo MT's in January, my Kings were available from the get-go but they didn't show up blacked out so they've been in the queue now for powder coat for some time. Winters up here chew those raw Kings. Even the sway bar and radius arms have been on backorder since December. Still waiting on a 4" stainless muffler exhaust from Flo-Pro as well. Good things come to those who wait.

What kinda deal you find for your MTs? I’ve been running those since 2010, great tire.

Users who are viewing this thread