Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

gator6

Reaction score
Seems if you want a truck quicker, don't order a SRW 3500 with the HO diesel, that seems to be a common factor in orders getting filled well after dually's or SO diesel and Hemi engines.

I’m not trying to make more work for [mention]OfficerDirtySanchez [/mention], I’m just pondering here. I would bet that if our spreadsheet had more data on what packages were ordered we’d have a great chance at extrapolating what holds up builds over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score
My truck has been built and sitting for two weeks now, waiting for a train ride... it sucks

That’s what happened to a lot of us recently. Sandi, Mark Dodge sales rep, said there’s a backlog in rail shipping due to car availability. Just keeping pinging Ram Chat and see if you get a change to “your ETA window is…”

DP340

Reaction score
I ordered a 2500 Big Horn with Ram Boxes on 12/19. I contacted RAM CHAT today and they told me it's in the "scheduling phase of the manufacturing process." Pretty vague, but it sounds to me like they haven't built it, don't know when they will build it, but they are thinking about planning to build it. Anyone see any light at the end of the tunnel for me? I'm feeling some serious buyer's remorse coming on.
I wonder if it is because of the Ram Boxes. I have seen several posts lately from people wondering if that is the hold up. I ordered them on mine as well and have not had any progress either. I am curious how many orders have been built lately with that option.

ermster02

Reaction score
I’m getting so frustrated with Ram and I haven’t been waiting half as long as some of you. I commend y’all’s patience.

tyler2you

Reaction score
I’m not trying to make more work for [mention]OfficerDirtySanchez [/mention], I’m just pondering here. I would bet that if our spreadsheet had more data on what packages were ordered we’d have a great chance at extrapolating what holds up builds over time.

As @OfficerDirtySanchez pointed out to me a while back, there's also this spreadsheet which tracks a larger dataset:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...edit?usp=drive_web&ouid=115543437200533284953

Rabtado

Reaction score
Seems like they skipped over the entire day of 12-31-21. None of the orders have build sheets or stickers but many before and after have them. I talked to ramchst yesterday asking if there is a hold up on parts or supply and they told me all supply chains are not having issues anymore and that production is moving smoothly. I ordered mine with ram boxes sun roof and at the time the towing technology group b was not available on the Ramsgate but sandi was ae to add it to the order through mark dodges side.i don't know what the short commings are but I hope it's dumbluck and not some part sourcing issue that could take months.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Hey guys!
it’s been a long time. Been super busy you know how it is.
finally got my bumpers, lights, toolbox, headache rack and winch on. While putting on the lights I modified the bumpers to except the 3 inch cubes from Rigid Industries. Although it’s just my opinion, Rigid Industries makes the best lights. They’re expensive but they are worth every penny.
Here are a few photos. My opinion the truck looks so much better with the toolbox and headache rack on the long bed than it did without! The bumpers are pretty awesome too!

Attachments

• 6B6FA460-AE95-46D6-AABA-0FB7B4BDA374.jpeg
    6B6FA460-AE95-46D6-AABA-0FB7B4BDA374.jpeg
    529.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 41C0BCA3-D9BA-44F9-BDB8-8806A147FC93.jpeg
    41C0BCA3-D9BA-44F9-BDB8-8806A147FC93.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 7C041820-7F11-47F5-810E-BF0B962B5284.jpeg
    7C041820-7F11-47F5-810E-BF0B962B5284.jpeg
    605.7 KB · Views: 73

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
@brv10 Thanks for looking into my VON even though it didn't turn up much

Another week another BG!

--CANADA BUILD WEEKLY UPDATE--
Ram 3500 4x4 SRW MC Limited NE - Cummins HO - Air Suspension - Level 1 Group

BA - 12/20/21 (Initial Order Date)
BG - 1/4/22
BX - 1/13/22
BX - 1/20/22
BG - 1/27/22
BG - 2/3/22
BG - 2/10/22
BG - 2/17/22
BG - 2/26/22
BG - 3/3/22
BG - 3/10/22
BG - 3/18/22
BG - 3/24/22
BG - 3/31/22

kevin588127

Reaction score
I wonder if it is because of the Ram Boxes. I have seen several posts lately from people wondering if that is the hold up. I ordered them on mine as well and have not had any progress either. I am curious how many orders have been built lately with that option.
I've been making a half assed attempt at tracking this. Looking at the EL of the recently built trucks, and not seeing a truck built with ram boxes since 12-31. It almost has to be the Ram box that are holding these orders up. My truck is a 2500 big horn hemi sport package and is still in the gathering parts phase.

tyler2you

Reaction score
I've been making a half assed attempt at tracking this. Looking at the EL of the recently built trucks, and not seeing a truck built with ram boxes since 12-31. It almost has to be the Ram box that are holding these orders up. My truck is a 2500 big horn hemi sport package and is still in the gathering parts phase.
My truck (3500 LL) with Ram Boxes was built on 3-10. Are you only looking at 2500s?

tyler2you

Reaction score
What was the last stop before Port Arthur?
The UP tracing line didn't give me locations between Eagle Pass and Port Allen. It would just say loaded/arrived/time or loaded/departed/time.

The only locations provided were the origin (La Encantada CU), the point where UP accepted it (Eagle Pass), and then Industry (Port Allen).

CoastyAV8R

Reaction score
Seems like they skipped over the entire day of 12-31-21. None of the orders have build sheets or stickers but many before and after have them. I talked to ramchst yesterday asking if there is a hold up on parts or supply and they told me all supply chains are not having issues anymore and that production is moving smoothly. I ordered mine with ram boxes sun roof and at the time the towing technology group b was not available on the Ramsgate but sandi was ae to add it to the order through mark dodges side.i don't know what the short commings are but I hope it's dumbluck and not some part sourcing issue that could take months.
I "ordered" mine on 12/23 and found out last week that the dealership didn't actually place the order until 2 weeks later. He told me Ram was shut down from accepting orders for a week starting 12/30 which may explain some things.

kevin588127

Reaction score
My truck (3500 LL) with Ram Boxes was built on 3-10. Are you only looking at 2500s?
Mistakenly, yes. Only been paying attention for the last few weeks to the new ELs that were populating. Going back through the older ELs, I was mainly concentrating on the limiteds as they come standard with the RB unless deleted. Noticed there were a bunch of limiteds built right in a row but all had the RB deleted. That is good to hear one coming out recently but yikes, you were an Oct order.

tyler2you

Reaction score
Mistakenly, yes. Only been paying attention for the last few weeks to the new ELs that were populating. Going back through the older ELs, I was mainly concentrating on the limiteds as they come standard with the RB unless deleted. Noticed there were a bunch of limiteds built right in a row but all had the RB deleted. That is good to hear one coming out recently but yikes, you were an Oct order.
Yep, it's been a long wait, but there have been many others that waited longer. I gave up trying to figure out what drives them to prioritize one build ahead of another. There has been lots of speculation along the way. Here's a few other reasons for building out of order I've heard (besides parts availability):

- Highest profit margin go to the front of the line
- High volume dealers get prioritized
- They batch vehicles going to certain regions to optimize shipping efficiencies
- Certain dealers get special treatment by ordering groups of identical vehicles
- Stellantis needs to keep their dealer network in business/happy, so they favor dealer orders over ours
- They use a random number generator to schedule the builds

I doubt we will ever know all of the factors that go into their approach . . .

gator6

Reaction score
I may have to tear into this

But first…
e841691c171644e71bd10f6f9c2fd4b9.jpg

9668897cac9385a54ac6ef29fe96a5ee.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread