Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Got a VIN number today. What does that mean in terms of getting built? Does that mean they have a date scheduled? Or maybe it doesn't give any indication of the time frame??

Thoughts..

Thanks for input.
Not sure when you ordered, but a VIN is step one of hundreds :p Your next status should be "D" (Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number), and then to D1, which is where you will receive your first date. They will tell you its your ship date, but generally everyone has found that is your build date, or pretty close to it. My dealer explained that the D1 ship date is actually the date "shipped" to the production line for the build.

Reach out to RamChat and provide them with the VON and VIN and ask for a build update. They don't have the codes, but when they tell you, "I am showing your vehicle has been scheduled for production. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly", you are usually D1. Then reach out to the dealer and get a build code update from your POC, and there should be a estimated ship date along with it

mjlebsa

Reaction score
Question for you folks. I ordered my 3500 on February 23. Been checking with Ram chat off & on. Two days ago they told me “vehicle has been scheduled for production“ but couldn’t provide me any more information. I reached out today out of curiosity and was told the vehicle was in paint. I was told there is NO dealer delivery ETA. I’m just wondering how accurate their information is and if anyone has any insight

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sstiller

Reaction score
Alright guys I ordered 12/31 3500 mega cab with ram boxes and im still in D statues. I see alot of ppl on here are moving along to D D1 D2 ect. what is the hold up on my truck? can the dealer ask questions or push or anything? Ram chat just tells me the same thing all the time that its scheduled.

Vpolio90

Reaction score
Question for you folks. I ordered my 3500 on February 23. Been checking with Ram chat off & on. Two days ago they told me “vehicle has been scheduled for production“ but couldn’t provide me any more information. I reached out today out of curiosity and was told the vehicle was in paint. I was told there is NO dealer delivery ETA. I’m just wondering how accurate their information is and if anyone has any insight

Thanks

As far as for me Ram chat has been right on point throughout the whole build. I ordered a 3500 as well (from MD) on Jan 15. I think once the build is complete they can give you an ETA, If not you can call your dealer.

Dova0131

Reaction score
Alright guys I ordered 12/31 3500 mega cab with ram boxes and im still in D statues. I see alot of ppl on here are moving along to D D1 D2 ect. what is the hold up on my truck? can the dealer ask questions or push or anything? Ram chat just tells me the same thing all the time that its scheduled.
Typically you'll get that information from your dealer. The dealer gets whatever information that is in the POC. It is their system to show the status. There is no rhyme or reason as to what order the builds are made. Sometimes it is due to part shortage. RAM Chat will give you very generic information that you have to read between the lines for.

Dova0131

Reaction score
Key words like all parts are sourced means D1, an ETA with date range is typically means your vehicle is in shipping status.

Sstiller

Reaction score
Thanks Ive read between all 2 lines at this point lol. Got a new POC at the dealership and I really dont want to keep bugging him but im going nowhere fast. I see a lot of orders for very similar builds getting ordered after me and moving faster is why Im asking these questions.

Dova0131

Reaction score
Yeah it is a lot of waiting for updates. Thankfully I found this page and followed it. A lot of useful information here that will help you.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Same here, ordered 1-20 and still D. Nothing out of the ordinary on my build except the ram boxes. Looks like there may be several limited models going back to nov that are waiting to be built. I suspect the rambox may be the culprit but have no way of confirming that. Several of the limiteds that have been built recently had the ram box deleted. I tried to order from a somewhat local dealer in mid Jan and they told me the Rambox was unavailable to order. A few days later, I was able to order my truck with them from MD a few days later. Kinda tough to watch especially when I tried to avoid the tech options that I thought would slow my build down.

MaxTension

Reaction score
In this world of just in time inventory management software and enterprise wide resource planning, there is no excuse to have the data available to the purchaser. They literally could have a camera on the production line and you could see the assembly process. I think that would bump sales just providing the transparency of status.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I was shocked to see my build show up as KZOG status (line 776-live4rut) VIN 3C6UR5SL1NG214839.

Does anyone know where that information came from? My salesman and the dealer’s Ram representative both could not find any information to support that status, it still shows KZT on their end. Thanks!

I should note, it arrived to the final rail yard on 3/16 and it appears the KZOG status was listed on 3/17. Makes perfect sense to me since they likely did an inspection prior to assuming liability.
I see KZOG on the 17th at the truck yard listed as Chrysler test carrier as last status

mjlebsa

Reaction score
As far as for me Ram chat has been right on point throughout the whole build. I ordered a 3500 as well (from MD) on Jan 15. I think once the build is complete they can give you an ETA, If not you can call your dealer.

Dealer confirmed it was in paint. Wonder how long the rest of the process will take.

jtolen

Reaction score
So I have my window sticker and equipment list. Is it possible to see whether I’ve shipped yet from somewhere? I checked with ram chat, and they said shipping status, but no ETA.

JustinSane

Reaction score
Ordered on 1/28 a PW level 3 with every option except sunroof.
Got this email yesterday from dealer
So hopefully with shipping comes in May.

“Shipping in about a month. There have been a good amount of component shortages across the board, but the factory is trying to keep sold orders as ordered so there has been some delay”.

tyler2you

Reaction score
Cool video behind the scenes at the rail distribution facility. It's amazing that more vehicles don't end up getting damaged. I wonder what the top speed is limited to when the vehicles are in transport mode? Mine is still waiting to be unloaded . . .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread