Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Sauksxs

Reaction score
Picked up from MD this morning!
95476b4f67f3eba00315154fc68d4334.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Inquiring minds want to know!
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes x3

P.A.

Reaction score
Well, that was a crap day. I can say without a doubt I will tell everyone I know not to use that dealership for anything. Had to fight them all day to remove random charges that didn’t exist from the buyers order and when it was all said and done I lost my $1000 deposit because I didn’t finance through the dealer. Apparently it’s an “unwritten “ rule of theirs that if you don’t finance with them then you lose your deposit. Conveniently they wait till you go to pick it up to mention that part. I was right at the point of walking away (not too long after I was ready to call my lawyer) but just out of spite I got my bank to beat their rates and I ate the deposit. I will spread the word about their crooked system to everyone in my area. Aside from that I got the truck and I will post pictures tomorrow.
Oh and only got one foam cup holder lol
It's not Mark Dodge is it?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
So you’re saying they’re denying it on trucks that are on the lot but not on order trucks?

My dealer denied any incentives I brought to the table even on my order. They did, however, offer me coupons to make up the difference for what those incentives were worth. I was happy with that and an 8% off MSRP price from a dealer 10 minutes from my house. Pretty much saved me from having to buy airfare to Lousianna and fuel back to PA. (Found out long after I ordered, thanks to this group, there was a dealer near Philadelphia that was offering the same deal as Mark Dodge and that would’ve only been an 8 hour round trip out and back)

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that was a crap day. I can say without a doubt I will tell everyone I know not to use that dealership for anything. Had to fight them all day to remove random charges that didn’t exist from the buyers order and when it was all said and done I lost my $1000 deposit because I didn’t finance through the dealer. Apparently it’s an “unwritten “ rule of theirs that if you don’t finance with them then you lose your deposit. Conveniently they wait till you go to pick it up to mention that part. I was right at the point of walking away (not too long after I was ready to call my lawyer) but just out of spite I got my bank to beat their rates and I ate the deposit. I will spread the word about their crooked system to everyone in my area. Aside from that I got the truck and I will post pictures tomorrow.

I’m lost, or I don’t I understand. Why did you “lose your deposit” on a sold order truck? That money goes toward paying the balance on the truck. That deposit is irrespective of who you finance with or how you finance. There’s no such thing as “unwritten rules” in this business. It’s either in plain sight for the customer to read and understand or to me it sounds like fraud….

Sounds like you might be getting taken. Definitely call your attorney.

Last edited:

Swampfox

Reaction score
I’m lost, or I don’t I understand. Why did you “lose your deposit” on a sold order truck? That money goes toward paying the balance on the truck. That deposit is irrespective of who you finance with or how you finance. There’s no such thing as “unwritten rules” in this business. It’s either in plain sight for the customer to read and understand or to me it sounds like fraud….

You are being taken. Definitely call your attorney.

I agree 100% and I let it be known in the dealership that it was a scam and that they knew it was wrong. I did get them to offer me a better rate so I would finance with them but luckily my bank beats any better rate so when they offered to beat my banks rate with a lower one I just showed the dealers lower rate and let my bank beat that one too. Ended up getting me down in the 2’s where I wanted to be. End of the day I was fine eating the deposit to get the rate lower and I got to show my a$$ which is always nice. Plus it beats the alternative of going to jail lol

Basser53

Reaction score
Honestly I’m used to it now. I’ve always been told that in a world that requires silk, I am sandpaper. Lol. Hopefully I’m the only one that has to deal with the shady $hit
Wow, so your saying they basically charged you 1000$ to order the truck, and didn't apply that to the cost?
I'd tell everyone I knew and plaster there name on every board. .. that's definitely a new low..

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree 100% and I let it be known in the dealership that it was a scam and that they knew it was wrong. I did get them to offer me a better rate so I would finance with them but luckily my bank beats any better rate so when they offered to beat my banks rate with a lower one I just showed the dealers lower rate and let my bank beat that one too. Ended up getting me down in the 2’s where I wanted to be. End of the day I was fine eating the deposit to get the rate lower and I got to show my a$$ which is always nice. Plus it beats the alternative of going to jail lol

Regardless of the deal, the way they handled the deposit sounds unethical. I’d be bringing that to someone’s attention.

Last edited:

MrTaz

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that info is too accurate I reached out to a reputable member on here for an update and he says I'm still d1. non idea where they get there bs from but if it's the case could be something holding them up on the outside. it's a max tow bed liner package and ttpms and tow tech group along with safety package. so I have a loaded laramie crew cab drw ho on order since Dec 9th. my Nov 14th order was built feb 23rd and window sticker 26 Feb. same truck minus tow tech group and larime b vs d on first build
A loaded Laramie can be a problem. The one that I ordered and canceled because of these concerns was ordered 6 months ago. My Limited 3500 took 2 months less. The canceled Laramie was just delivered to the dealer a few days ago. I posted some photos of it on page 1398, post 27,948.

MrTaz

Reaction score
To save other people grief you need to post the dealer's name on here. That's the only way to get them to be honest in their dealings.

NightTrain

Reaction score
I can't imagine it would be too difficult for you to get that deposit back with a detailed email to the right contacts at the dealership. As stated by another member, there are no unwritten rules and this is fraud/theft. If that doesn't, work the local media is always looking for a good story...

boojimdi

Reaction score
You need to post that dealers name in bold letters so no one else goes through that crap, save someone from the pain word of mouth is the best advertising and they won't change unless people stand up!

Scubaz66

Reaction score
That Dealership is what they call a High Pressure Dealer. They have many unwritten rules no one knows about and figure most people will eventually give in to their demands. Start by spreading the word here on the Forum because this kind of news will spread fast and they will lose many times more than the $1000.00 they stole from you.

As far as the foam cup holder, well RAM stole that one. The 2022's only come with one now. You can order a set off Ebay for about $12.00.

Scubaz66

Reaction score

You are being taken. Definitely call your attorney.

I fully agree with your synopsis mbarber84. Unfortunantely most attorney's will want a $1000.00 earnest money just to take your case. Then they know how to keep the court documents coming and running up the legal fees, so by the time you win your case for $1000.00 you'll have several thousand dollars in attorney fees. Best thing to do at this point is spread the word and eventually the crooked business will fail.

hunterjoe

Reaction score
Lots of new members on here with no VIN's on the sheet, let's see those VIN's!
If I had one!!! Ordered a CC and had the VIN in less than 4 days but wife decided she wanted the MC so we cancelled the CC and re-ordered. Dealer hasn’t given me any updates. I assumed I’d have a VIN again in short order but they haven’t provided it. Oh well.

MrTaz

Reaction score
That Dealership is what they call a High Pressure Dealer. They have many unwritten rules no one knows about and figure most people will eventually give in to their demands. Start by spreading the word here on the Forum because this kind of news will spread fast and they will lose many times more than the $1000.00 they stole from you.

As far as the foam cup holder, well RAM stole that one. The 2022's only come with one now. You can order a set off Ebay for about $12.00.
My Limited came with two and I believe the Longhorn comes with two.

Users who are viewing this thread