Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

adamsmith655

Reaction score
How do you get this kind of info?
I tracked it every day by calling the rail car tracking numbers and you can get exact rail car number from dealer typically. You can do a search to find the numbers on the thread, but for me, the Norfolk southern number was the easiest to use as they can all get the same info.

Duck91

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just put my order in for a 3500 HO SRW Laramie, optioned out with everything but the safety package and snow chief. I've gone through the past 20 pages or so and there's obviously a lot of talk about non-production stuff. With current times, I was wondering if you guys could help me with when I should be expecting the truck. Dealer said 3-4 months, but I feel like everyone on this page has a better idea of the timeframe. Thanks for all the help!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Sorry, couldn’t help myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Piece by piece!

gator6

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just put my order in for a 3500 HO SRW Laramie, optioned out with everything but the safety package and snow chief. I've gone through the past 20 pages or so and there's obviously a lot of talk about non-production stuff. With current times, I was wondering if you guys could help me with when I should be expecting the truck. Dealer said 3-4 months, but I feel like everyone on this page has a better idea of the timeframe. Thanks for all the help!

I’d say your dealer is spot on. Some of the quicker builds have been the gas models at 7 weeks delivered.

Dig in for the long haul and just hope for better news. If you don’t raise your expectations, you won’t be disappointed.

boojimdi

Reaction score
So today it has 1 month since my truck was built, 6 months and 2 days since I ordered the damn thing and it has been sitting in Altamira Mexico shipping port for a month waiting to be shipped. It's almost like Ram/Stellantis is trying their hardest to make this the most difficult truck ordering process that it could be!!!!!

NightTrain

Reaction score
So today it has 1 month since my truck was built, 6 months and 2 days since I ordered the damn thing and it has been sitting in Altamira Mexico shipping port for a month waiting to be shipped. It's almost like Ram/Stellantis is trying their hardest to make this the most difficult truck ordering process that it could be!!!!!
Where is your dealer located.

chas0218

Reaction score
While I am very happy with my Mark Dodge experience so far, I can't say that I agree with them getting built quicker. I am 7 weeks in and still D status on a 2500 big horn gasser. Lots of trucks ordered around me have been built or have D1 status. and few have been delivered. They MAY get shipped quicker due to being closer to the plant and having higher volume. As far as building them goes, I think the workers at the plant take turns throwing darts at a large board to determine which truck gets built. Seems like the most logical answer anyway.
I was told my build date was moved up 1 day to 3/20 but it's still only in D status. My guess is that it won't be built on 3/20 but will be moved to D1 status on that day and built at a later date.

I thought D1 meant they are gathering parts but why would they be building the truck before D1 status is given.

Mines a 2500 Mega gasser big horn Level C with cloth buckets Black /Lt frost beige, 5th wheel prep, sno cheif, off Road, bed utility, rear wheel liners, and alpine speakers. Not sure if anything I ordered was the cause for the wait. I think when I ordered the buckets might have been on backorder.

IowaPW

Reaction score
I was told my build date was moved up 1 day to 3/20 but it's still only in D status. My guess is that it won't be built on 3/20 but will be moved to D1 status on that day and built at a later date.

I thought D1 meant they are gathering parts but why would they be building the truck before D1 status is given.

Mines a 2500 Mega gasser big horn Level C with cloth buckets Black /Lt frost beige, 5th wheel prep, sno cheif, off Road, bed utility, rear wheel liners, and alpine speakers. Not sure if anything I ordered was the cause for the wait. I think when I ordered the buckets might have been on backorder.
D is gathering parts. D1 is gateline scheduled.

DP340

Reaction score
Thats scary. I've heard there is restrictions on the "night edition" package. Which is something I'm set on getting for appearance purposes. Not sure what is restricted though. Would be nice to get more insight, as in if it were the rims or something, could opt for standard rims then just put aftermarket on. First time ordering, so this is all new.
I am a little concerned about my order now. I ordered the night edition on my Bighorn on 2/22. I hope that doesn't delay it.

jambram

Reaction score
Got the crypto email today saying the build sheet is available to view. Have a question. What does this mean? Mirrors-Tow Pwr Adj Heat Black. Does it mean power adjustable as in...in out, up down, extended them out or just the mirror themselves? Also it says D1-D regress. Does that mean it went down in status? The original estimated ship date was yesterday 3/14. No window sticker yet.
To me it looks like power adjustable only, not power folding.

Ajbjorkman

Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat. My window sticker was ready by 2/19 and now crickets. Reached out to Mark Dodge yesterday to see what trade would be valued at and they were hesitant to give a price cause they didn't think it would be delivered within their 30 day lock period. Once it was built I really expected to get it within a month but I could be looking at more than 2 months wait after it was built.

kevin588127

Reaction score

D status means the order is accepted. D1 is parts are gathered and you should be scheduled. I'm not really sure how people are getting the build date. If it is coming from the dealer or if they are figuring it using their Est Ship date. I've been getting my info from ram chat and trying to only bother the salesman once a month. Tomorrow is 8 weeks for me and I'm still D status as far as I know. Probably shoot the sales guy a text tomorrow and see if he knows anything. I knew I was in for a wait but had hopes maybe things had picked up. Also sucks seeing trucks get built that were ordered after mine. I feel for some of these guys that have been waiting since late '21.

gator6

Reaction score
D status means the order is accepted. D1 is parts are gathered and you should be scheduled. I'm not really sure how people are getting the build date. If it is coming from the dealer or if they are figuring it using their Est Ship date. I've been getting my info from ram chat and trying to only bother the salesman once a month. Tomorrow is 8 weeks for me and I'm still D status as far as I know. Probably shoot the sales guy a text tomorrow and see if he knows anything. I knew I was in for a wait but had hopes maybe things had picked up. Also sucks seeing trucks get built that were ordered after mine. I feel for some of these guys that have been waiting since late '21.

Late ‘21 isn’t bad, it’s the guys who ordered before production (August), back in May/June/July that were a cause of concern for me when we ordered (11/12). I haven’t looked back that far in the spreadsheet in a minute, so I don’t know how many of those guys remain. I do know that I was taken care of about 5 days before some October orders, and there are guys like [mention]J-J [/mention] and [mention]Bigsnowman [/mention]still waiting. The build dates are inside information, I have never been given one, but most would tell you that it has been real close to the ship date listed on your POC (that can change too). Just going into this knowing it will be a wait, and not expecting too much kinda gets you by…that and a transparent sales rep.

Users who are viewing this thread