Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

gator6

Reaction score
7 Weeks, that’s insane considering I’m sitting at 16. We’ve been measuring in months, some of these guys like [mention]DelRed22 [/mention] have been waiting before production began back in August!

I do wonder when our train will depart. There seems to be a good number of stickers populating recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IowaPW

Reaction score
my truck was unloaded from the rail car at 1:51 this afternoon. Hopefully my dealer will send someone to pick it up tomorrow. It’s about 50 miles away
I've not heard of many instances where dealers actually send people to the rail yards. I thought car transports load them up and deliver.

tolym

Reaction score
my truck was unloaded from the rail car at 1:51 this afternoon. Hopefully my dealer will send someone to pick it up tomorrow. It’s about 50 miles away

AFAIK, dealers aren’t allowed at the port. Only transportation companies.
Good luck with that though.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. Picked up on 12/23. Best Christmas present ever)

drodegeb

Reaction score
Watching all of the posts from people on their trucks, and looking at the spreadsheet, it is starting to look promising as far as the build side of things is going. The spreadsheet is filling in pretty quick with equipment lists and window stickers!! Now if the shipping side can keep/catch up with it.

dynocompe

Reaction score
Home now, my god, I dont think I ever had a truck so dirty. Melting snow, everytime you passed a car in town, needed to wash your windshield :( Was a shame, just sprayed it off so far! Things I noticed different on this truck then my 19, is they have Paint protection film behind the rear tires on the rockers, the wood trim on the steering wheel is more of a matte finish, my 19 was glossy. darker metal trim in the interior. I like the new interior much better. My ppf is already peeling off though on the passenger side :( Should be easy fix though. IS this PPF available through mopar parts as a precut piece anyone know? HAS ANYONE noticed how bad these trucks smell? My 19 smelled so good, I love a new car smell. But this truck smells way different than my 19, not like your typical new car smell. Its strong and honestly makes me sick. Anyone else notice this??

Attachments

• 296.JPG
    296.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 297.JPG
    297.JPG
    365.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 308.JPG
    308.JPG
    452.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 309.JPG
    309.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 79

2500Ram

Reaction score
7 Weeks, that’s insane considering I’m sitting at 16. We’ve been measuring in months, some of these guys like [mention]DelRed22 [/mention] have been waiting before production began back in August!

I do wonder when our train will depart. There seems to be a good number of stickers populating recently.

Do you think it could be the Longhorn trim slowing it down? I have no idea but just guessing they're waiting on enough Longhorns to schedule a build day

ElkRam

Reaction score

Called my dealer today and he said mine was on train as of 3/11. He couldn’t give me any rail info so I called Ramchat. They said it was scheduled to be at dealer tomorrow! I seriously doubt it will make it from Saltillo Mexico to Mira Loma Ca. rail yard and trucked to dealer in a week. I’m at 21 weeks.

2022 Ram 3500 SRW Limited Longhorn. 6.7 HO Pearl white.
(Don’t have it yet)

BrodieH

Reaction score
Home now, my god, I dont think I ever had a truck so dirty. Melting snow, everytime you passed a car in town, needed to wash your windshield :( Was a shame, just sprayed it off so far! Things I noticed different on this truck then my 19, is they have Paint protection film behind the rear tires on the rockers, the wood trim on the steering wheel is more of a matte finish, my 19 was glossy. darker metal trim in the interior. I like the new interior much better. My ppf is already peeling off though on the passenger side :( Should be easy fix though. IS this PPF available through mopar parts as a precut piece anyone know? HAS ANYONE noticed how bad these trucks smell? My 19 smelled so good, I love a new car smell. But this truck smells way different than my 19, not like your typical new car smell. Its strong and honestly makes me sick. Anyone else notice this??

Which dealer did you purchase from?

Swampfox

Reaction score
I've not heard of many instances where dealers actually send people to the rail yards. I thought car transports load them up and deliver.
That was my thought and the transport list shows a company listed to deliver it. I'm justrelaying what the GM told me yesterday when I called. he said they usually send someone from the dealer to pick it up to get it faster considering its so close. he also said they have driven down to brunswick to get trucks that have been waiting for a while. could all be lies but I'm just a guy buying a truck.

tyler2you

Reaction score
Called my dealer today and he said mine was on train as of 3/11. He couldn’t give me any rail info so I called Ramchat. They said it was scheduled to be at dealer tomorrow! I seriously doubt it will make it from Saltillo Mexico to Mira Loma Ca. rail yard and trucked to dealer in a week. I’m at 21 weeks.

(Don’t have it yet)
That's encouraging news! Hope you get it soon.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
For the group that have received their 3500 Dually's: what tires are coming on them? Is it the Firestones?

Thanks much

gator6

Reaction score

(Don’t have it yet)

[mention]tyler2you [/mention] is right, that is encouraging news! I’m going to give it another week before reaching out for info.

Users who are viewing this thread