Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

saltonbuoy

Reaction score
Damn Red, I’m glad you guys got taken care of recently. If that chain of events were to happen to us our plans for the summer would’ve taken a serious blow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I’m worried about. But, it is what it is.

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
This is what I’m worried about. But, it is what it is.

Me too, as we have a new 5th-Wheel on ordered. Expecting that (hopefully) around mid-late June. So I’ll need my new 3500 to pick-it-up! Hate to lose the entire summer camping season, waiting!

Dave…

KneeDeep

Reaction score
What a tremendous experience! From start to finish this has been the best instance for buying a new vehicle for us. We picked up the new Power Wagon at Chapman in Horsham PA Friday morning after driving from Pittsburgh (got a free upgrade to a HEMI Charger on rental-score!) the night before. We arrived about 20 mins early for appointment, but were welcomed by some of the most friendly and genuine staff I have seen at a dealership. The transaction was highly efficient without being rushed at all. Numbers were exactly as conveyed throughout the deal, with only the aforementioned $196 increase from time of order despite the $2400 increase on the sticker.

The truck was sitting out front cleaned up, fully fueled, and ready to roll (I did check the fuses and yes they did need to be fully seated). Was also surrounded by about 15+ TRX orders that had just arrived. We mentioned we were also going to be looking at a new '22 Jeep GC to in the upcoming year and the gentleman handling our finance actually brought one up for us to look at that his father-in-law had just ordered.

When talking with the folks at Chapman they did say you don't automatically get the % below invoice deal unless you mention the forum(s) and their standard price is MSRP on orders. So thank you to everyone on the forum and keep spreading the word. The few vehicles that are not sold orders on the lot are all over MSRP with "market increase".

Had to air down the tires a bit for a better ride (were at ~72 psi) before we hit the turnpike then started the journey home keeping it at lower speeds for first couple hundred miles and tempering our rapid return with frequent stops to enjoy the less than glorious PA Turnpike Service centers. Made it home Friday evening in time to install my Diamondback bed cover and new Weathertech HP (WAY BETTER than old stiff style Weathertechs) before the very annoying snow storm hit.

Truck is schedule for window tint, Ceramic Pro- Silver coating, and the RP-342 undercoating next week so it leaves me enough time of it not being driven to talk my wife into letting me replace the perfectly fine brand new 33" Duratracs with some 35's.
Nice to know, I too have one ordered through Chapman. Ordered on 1/7 and still waiting to be built (D1 status I think). Thanks to this forum that I found out about them. They have been great returning emails for status updates, usually within ten minutes or less.

Enjoy your new truck!

tyler2you

Reaction score
Not sure if I am the oldest order at this point. Haven’t looked at the sheet in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using v
Based on some quick sorting of the spreadsheet (excluding cancelled orders):

Of the 842 trucks with window stickers, @DelRed22 has the record for most total time from order to build of 260 days. @Nvrenf has the record for shortest time from order to build of 14 days. Average wait time from order to built is 99 days.

Of the 246 trucks without window stickers, @BrandonKTexAg has the record for most total time from order to today of 250 days with @NinjaB right behind him at 227 days. Those are the last 2 remaining July orders that haven't been built.

Last edited:

SaylessRam

Reaction score

johnd

Reaction score
truck should be here in a week or two. have 07 that really rusted out much quicker then I hoped for. what are everybody's thoughts in FluidFilm vs Cosmoline. Heres a link to the build sheet.https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=3C6UR5FJ5NG241406 A nice truck that cost a ton and I'd like to keep it as new as possible. Hard to keep the rust away in the midwest

MrTaz

Reaction score

rjhabets

Reaction score
Looks like you got every option. Mine was about 5K less. Some of the difference could be the price hikes since last September. There were a few things that you got that I didn't.
Yeah my price after TTL's was $92,645 I believe having the max tow pkg is the big difference between ours. Your truck is awesome man!

RIDEaCANYON

Reaction score
truck should be here in a week or two. have 07 that really rusted out much quicker then I hoped for. what are everybody's thoughts in FluidFilm vs Cosmoline. Heres a link to the build sheet.https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=3C6UR5FJ5NG241406 A nice truck that cost a ton and I'd like to keep it as new as possible. Hard to keep the rust away in the midwest
Have tried them all. Fluid Film will barely last a year from my experience. Taking it through power car wash will make it even less. Wool Wax is a a good bit better if you get a good coat of dust all under your truck right after application but the stuff is still a miserable mess if you want to do any work under your truck as it never dries fully. Had an a guy tell me about RP-342 (cosmoline) and wow! Stuff dries hard like a coat of amber wax and won’t come off without solvent. Perfect in my opinion. Have 12 cans sitting in my garage right now ready to apply to my 22 Power Wagon I picked up 3 days ago.

Here’s a link with pics and great write up on the stuff from a Tacoma forum I found. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/rp-342-cosmoline.687112/page-3

Users who are viewing this thread