Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

RLMandich

Reaction score
There really isn't any real discernible rhyme or reason to any of it.
I believe there could be a delay that is seeming to exist at the moment for LL orders, (haven't dug into the numbers personally, but subjectively noticing a large influx in folks still with November + orders unfortunately waiting).

For me, all in, 51 days from order to delivery at the dealership. (7 weeks, 2 days)
Not a record, but def worth buying a lottery ticket. (way lucky compared to some folks out there)

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C63RRJL2NG240466

Back in Oct/ Nov/ Dec the general subjective consensus was that Laramie's were taking a long time, however, the data showed otherwise.

Really, the best advice, order what you want, don't let subjective opinions on timelines dissuade you to sacrifice.
It really is a crap shot.
Get in, sit down, and enjoy the ride as best you can.
Valid points! Thanks for the insight. I realized I left out an option after ordering, but it's nothing I can't live without. The inverter for the front was left out, along with the rear defroster. Neither of those are deal breakers, so I'll still be happy with what I got.
My order went in 01/04/22. The dealer told me 3-4 months when I placed the order. I ordered most every option on my rig which I expected would add to the wait. Seeing how long things were taking as of December, I put 6 months in my head just so I wouldn't go nuts during the waiting game. And yet I still went nuts. :cool:

But then the window sticker came available 02/14/22, and it shipped from the factory 02/28/22. Train is scheduled to arrive in Benicia on 03/13/22, then ETA to my dealer on/around 03/20/22. I feel bad for the few guys who seem to be getting jumped in the process. It makes no sense. But things definitely seem to be picking up speed compared to last summer & fall. Good luck with your order!

gator6

Reaction score
Like I’ve said, back in November I was told roughly 20 weeks and so far [mention]beckty85 [/mention] and I have figured I’m 15 weeks in on a loaded 3500 LL. There are quite a few SRW LLs that ordered before me that have been in the D1 cue before mine, and it’s baffling.

I figured we’d all get processed together when [mention]mbarber84 [/mention] gave them estimated production dates from 3/7-3/14. Maybe that window is still opened, but odd when mine was said to ship 3/3 pushed to 3/5, then the EL came out 3/3 followed by sticker on 3/6. I was never given an estimate on production, so maybe my estimate would’ve been in February(?), I don’t know…it makes no sense.

Not looking at packages on vics, I had noticed yesterday that in March our tracking matrix showed 32 trucks with ELs and only 3 of them were DRWs, so why are SRW LLs ordered prior to mine left idle? Like I stated, damn near every option was placed on my DRW LL, so it couldn’t be a parts shortage, especially if guys like [mention]tyler2you [/mention] have been in a D1 status for so long.

I just know the wait is long, and while having your number called before everyone else is great, it’s still a bit unnerving the feeling like I jumped the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dynocompe

Reaction score
Of course this happens when my truck is at the dealer! And no let up in sight over the weekend. Wife leaves for a week after the weekend too for work. Dealer is 4 hours away. Plan was to pick it up Saturday, 80% chance of snow that day :s Blowing snow right now, these pictures are from today on the highways in the area
5A5E919D-F3C4-444D-8738-7137336D69B2.png

Attachments

• 46F039E3-2B39-4D35-851D-E02EE389D85C.png
    46F039E3-2B39-4D35-851D-E02EE389D85C.png
    669.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 472075A6-4C45-4711-8DBD-AF18265FE459.png
    472075A6-4C45-4711-8DBD-AF18265FE459.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 45

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
--CANADA BUILD WEEKLY UPDATE--
Ram 3500 4x4 SRW MC Limited NE - Cummins HO - Air Suspension - Level 1 Group

BA - 12/20/21 (Initial Order Date)
BG - 1/4/22
BX - 1/13/22
BX - 1/20/22
BG - 1/27/22
BG - 2/3/22
BG - 2/10/22
BG - 2/17/22
BG - 2/26/22
BG - 3/3/22
BG - 3/10/22

dynocompe

Reaction score
--CANADA BUILD WEEKLY UPDATE--
Ram 3500 4x4 SRW MC Limited NE - Cummins HO - Air Suspension - Level 1 Group

BA - 12/20/21 (Initial Order Date)
BG - 1/4/22
BX - 1/13/22
BX - 1/20/22
BG - 1/27/22
BG - 2/3/22
BG - 2/10/22
BG - 2/17/22
BG - 2/26/22
BG - 3/3/22
BG - 3/10/22
do you know what caused it to go from BX back to BG?

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
Against my better judgement and simply because I couldn't hold myself back, I got in touch with our friends at RamChat as I sit here chowing on some beans. This is the first time I've ever gotten any level of detail from them and here's the message:

Thank you so much for your patience and holding Keith. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. I do see there is a escalated case 81844413 with our escalation team. They do have your order on the highest priority and your order has their attention. As soon as there is more information or a update to share they will reach out via email

Has anyone had them come back with a case number?
And congrats to those who are benefitting from the increased Saltillo production!

Badgerfan

Reaction score
Has anyone contacted Chat and they give you a case #? I asked a couple questions and he said he'd send me more information about my order via email and gave me a case #. Just kind of wondering if that is the norm.
Against my better judgement and simply because I couldn't hold myself back, I got in touch with our friends at RamChat as I sit here chowing on some beans. This is the first time I've ever gotten any level of detail from them and here's the message:

Thank you so much for your patience and holding Keith. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. I do see there is a escalated case 81844413 with our escalation team. They do have your order on the highest priority and your order has their attention. As soon as there is more information or a update to share they will reach out via email

Has anyone had them come back with a case number?
And congrats to those who are benefitting from the increased Saltillo production!
I had just asked that question today? The guy on Chat gave me a case #. I am not sure why, I just asked a couple questions and he gave me the number.

Sauksxs

Reaction score
Just a little tid bit of info on the BH vs the Laramie grill .... :) .... I had Sandie send me over the standard feature list of the Laramie .... daaaamn, 5 pages long. Still on the 1st page and I see "Active Grill Shutters" ... hmmm, I do a search .. the laramie has,"The active grille shutters also known as AGS system is out in place to increase the efficiency of a vehicle. The shutters will close to bring the vehicle up to operating temperature quicker so that the engine is brought to its most efficient point sooner." I guess I can live with that Laramie grill after all ..... :cool: I may post again when I find more interesting standard upgrades .... ok, still reading the list ... daaaamn ... it's crazy.
@OfficerDirtySanchez My truck arrived at MD today, please mark me down as KZX.

View attachment 33517
Concrats nice looking truck!

turbo38gn

Reaction score
It’s your money….don’t worry about hurt feelings…..they’ll be forgotten in a day, but you’ll be driving the truck you want for a long time!!

Your local dealer may still get your service business anyway!
Good luck!
Dave

Thanks, feeling a lot better today. My local dealership owner emailed me last night, wanting to talk with me about my deal ... I happily drove down and talked with him and a couple of the salesman, explaining the whole situation. It all went great, he even explained the whole pricing deal and how it works. He offered a much better deal closer to MD, but I told him I wasn't flipping again and appreciate his concern. I will still use him in the future and continue to direct sales his way. But ! I forgot to ask him if I could have my $500 downpayment back... I'll give him a holler back on that. I also explained where they went wrong and how they could have handled it differently. Being an ex Snap-on Tool dealer, a top salesman on the east coast, I explained to him what and how you close a deal, the way I learned and why I was a top dealer.. There is no worse feeling than the one, one gets, when they lose a sale ... I always made sure I made money, even if it was 10 bucks ... 10 bucks is better than no bucks.. One last thing ... there was a new Laramie on the lot, I finally got to get inside of it, check it out and all the options that come with a Laramie over a Big Horn ..... daaaamn, sure am glad I got the Laramie ... worth every penny extra I paid ... There will be no regrets from this buyer!

Users who are viewing this thread