Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

J-J

Reaction score
Does anyone know here do Zone 35-Washington (DC) trucks come via train or boat? I've seen some long times for folks in New England coming by boat and crossing my fingers I don't have the same fate in the Washington DC area!
Mine comes by boat thru the 35 zone.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score
It’s called Ram Connect. If you search that in the App Store it’ll show up. You need a subscription to access it and the properly equipped radio in order to utilize. If you have the right radio your truck comes with a free limited trial of that service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So...that is different from Uconnect? That would be like a company to have you pay for a service for one vehicle (Pacifica), but a separate for one that falls under their same umbrella (Ram)

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
So...that is different from Uconnect? That would be like a company to have you pay for a service for one vehicle (Pacifica), but a separate for one that falls under their same umbrella (Ram)
Correct the Uconnect software is no longer being used for the new trucks. They shifted it to a different company. The app is different, as is the subscription service. I think they’re still referring to the radios with the “uconnect” but the actual subscription is different

gator6

Reaction score
Correct the Uconnect software is no longer being used for the new trucks. They shifted it to a different company. The app is different, as is the subscription service. I think they’re still referring to the radios with the “uconnect” but the actual subscription is different

Well, that app still works with our Pacifica…AND it found our truck! Of course I don't have a dashboard to connect it to yet.

92795f4a8ebbf316b26dbe829ecfac1a.jpg

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that app still works with our Pacifica…AND it found our truck!

92795f4a8ebbf316b26dbe829ecfac1a.jpg

It may find it, but I’m pretty certain they changed services. I’m just relaying what I was told by my dealer. I’ve been using the Ram app. My old truck (2017) used the uconnect app.
255c1cb150796fd8f4ef20fc56554820.jpg

f8b5617a0fe4f009ed8d6d9acd1df78a.jpg

gator6

Reaction score
It may find it, but I’m pretty certain they changed services. I’m just relaying what I was told by my dealer. I’ve been using the Ram app. My old truck (2017) used the uconnect app.
255c1cb150796fd8f4ef20fc56554820.jpg

f8b5617a0fe4f009ed8d6d9acd1df78a.jpg

I bet they did. I just downloaded it to check it out, and it still uses the same MOPAR login info. It brought up our Pacifica and for fun I threw in our VIN under "Add to Garage" and up popped our LL. So exciting!

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I bet they did. I just downloaded it to check it out, and it still uses the same MOPAR login info. It brought up our Pacifica and for fun I threw in our VIN under "Add to Garage" and up popped our LL. So exciting!
You may want to make sure you are listed as “owner” of the new truck once you take delivery. I had that issue when my new one came in, I was still listed as “owner” of my 2017 I sold in the mopar / FCA / Stellantis system. Had to make some phone calls to customer service and have that fixed.

MrTaz

Reaction score
I only owned a new vehicle once, and that was when my parents bought me a car my senior year of high school. Dad took up those payments when I joined the Navy in 2000 since the truck was in his name.

Since then I’ve always wanted a new vehicle and the wife agreed to let me purchase one for our cross country trip after my retirement this year, within reason. I built a decently loaded Laramie Night Edition in October, my wife was worried about the price, so we looked at a number of used 3500 only to find the price to be comparable to new. My wife told me “you’ve done 22 years in the military and have driven the same 2500 for the last 13 years, order what you want.” I told her the Night Editions on the Laramie were no more due to stock issues, and she told me “guess it’s your luck then…order whatever you want, you deserve it.”

The difference in the loaded Laramie and a comparable Limited is roughly $5k, but you get a little more for that money.

We went with the Longhorn, just because the interior color is too classy to pass up.

I would have been happy if my dad would have bought me a used vehicle to drive. Must be nice... On the other hand in the last 45 years I have bought 25 new vehicles not counting new motorcycles and boats.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
That can't be true. Mine is showing 93.8 mile and I have a full 50 gallon tank.
I think they’re having some difficulties with the app. Mine doesn’t seem to refresh the current fuel level regularly. When I first got the app it did, but recently it has been acting weird. I can still interact with the truck (turn on, unlock doors, etc) but the fuel level is weird. I just opened mine up and it’s still not reading right. I know for sure my truck is well below a half tank and my app says this:94D800EF-7F5E-4799-867B-B73711D0DA4A.jpeg

gator6

Reaction score
I would have been happy if my dad would have bought me a used vehicle to drive. Must be nice... On the other hand in the last 45 years I have bought 25 new vehicles not counting new motorcycles and boats.
I didn't mention that I had asked him to check out a used '97 Ram just down the road from the house and he shows up with a '99 F150. It was so I could attend dual-credit courses at the local college, but the stipulation being I had to get a job to pay the note....oh, and a couple days after I had the job he started taking the truck to work. He basically wanted a new truck and passed up the Ram for an F150 he thought I'd pay for while I drove his old truck. I have a teenager now, so I know the struggle now...

gator6

Reaction score
You may want to make sure you are listed as “owner” of the new truck once you take delivery. I had that issue when my new one came in, I was still listed as “owner” of my 2017 I sold in the mopar / FCA / Stellantis system. Had to make some phone calls to customer service and have that fixed.
I've had my own issues with this. I had the radio swapped out in the Pacifica for warranty work, but CJDR didn't notify Uconnect. Ever since the app just doesn't work right. I called in a trouble ticket, and while they were working the issue the thing worked normally. When they called it fixed and closed the ticket, the thing stopped working again.

I'll definitely take this under advisement when I trade or sale the Pacifica.

xcountry1582

Reaction score
Who notified you and how? And looking at your sig, we have somewhat similar builds.
My salesman texted me this morning. He's not sure how long it will take to get to the dealership. My other vehicle I ordered through him took about 1 week but was a little smaller.

dynocompe

Reaction score
as soon as the truck is built, they should allow us to track our trucks movements with the app for those with the capability, that would be awesome! Then I bet forsure we could see some customers breaking into rail yards and driving the trucks to the dealers lol

Texasram1

Reaction score
The email I received said I could do exactly this. Except the truck was already at the dealer!
as soon as the truck is built, they should allow us to track our trucks movements with the app for those with the capability, that would be awesome! Then I bet forsure we could see some customers breaking into rail yards and driving the trucks to the dealers lol

Users who are viewing this thread