Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
Are DEF tanks topped off at pickup?
Mine showed 5/8 on delivery - took 1 pkg to show full. Seems like the tanks are smaller than 2015. I have also heard horror stories of overfilling and triggering sensors threatening to shut down after 100 miles. Take care not to overfill

Basser53

Reaction score
Good call. While I was finishing the paperwork for mine my salesman went to fill the truck. Don’t know what he was thinking but put regular gas in my diesel . Luckily he realized his mistake before he started Then had to come back and tell me. Didn’t go over to good. They towed it back to the dealership and emptied and cleaned the whole fuel system. So I didn’t get the truck for 3 more days. I’ve put almost 3k miles on it since and it has been running fine but will be something I will bring up if anything does go wrong.
Buddy of mine ordered a new diesel ,on his way to the dealership they pass a Gas station and see a kid filling it up with gas and then pull in right behind him when he got to the dealership.. they dropped the tank and flush it.. that truck never did run right.. he traded it in within a year..

dynocompe

Reaction score
Buddy of mine ordered a new diesel ,on his way to the dealership they pass a Gas station and see a kid filling it up with gas and then pull in right behind him when he got to the dealership.. they dropped the tank and flush it.. that truck never did run right.. he traded it in within a year..
i would never take a diesel truck that has been ran with gasoline. Especially brand new. Gasoline ignites prematurely in a diesel engine and will harm the engine. Not to mention the damage it can do to the fuel system as well. Oddly enough I have had it the other way! Diesel in my gas engine before, truck ran on it, but ran rough lol. As soon as I flushed and drained the system, truck ran fine and never gave me an issue. I was at the parents cabin, and apparently one of my brothers fllled up all the red gas cans with diesel for a backhoe they rented previously. Well cleaning up the yard and doing a bunch of dump runs, my truck was very low on gasoline, so I filled up. This was when I was a young teen too, so free gas, was free gas. Well it wasnt gas lol. It wasnt even a bad job, dropped the tank, put gasoline in it, unhooked the fuel rails, and primed the system until gas was coming out the fuel rails. turned it over until it fired. Smoked a bunch, then ran great. :)

snlsmith

Reaction score
Any kind of motorcycles. I figured you might have dirt bikes if you're going to the super cross. Or do you mean you're racing AMA? A couple of GSX-Rs would look good in the bed. I'll post a pic of mine with two KTMs after I take delivery.
I race an SV650 in Twins Cup (well, in the few rounds I can afford to do) with MotoAmerica, which is running during the Daytona 200 weekend. I do also have a GSXR600 that I use for coaching.

matemike

Reaction score
I placed my order on Jan 10 and got my build sheet from crypto stickers yesterday, 3/2. It’s another 2500 Hemi. This is my canceled order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I saw. on 3-2 Six trucks on the tracker got their equipment lists. 5 of those were Laramie 2500's. 4 of those 5 were Hemi's. All January orders. A couple were night editions. One had power deployable running boards (rare for a Laramie) and one had the Digital rear view camera package. The diesel Laramie in the 3-2 equipment list party has the cargo view camera. But none of the trucks are exactly like mine. I thought I might have gotten lucky because I did not get any safety or towing tech groups, no 12" screen, no sun roof
But I got the digital rear view camera package, cargo camera package, power running boards, night edition, aux switches, and that combination has simply not been assembled yet.
I keep telling myself it's only been 11 weeks. Mathematically I could still be on track for the 16-20 week estimate wait, or at least not far off from that. Hope I get to see an EL soon though. I fear if it is not soon, I could be one of the "long haulers" and be looking at a 2023 model. haha, nah, it's not that bad, yet.

Rampingup

Reaction score
Oh I saw. on 3-2 Six trucks on the tracker got their equipment lists. 5 of those were Laramie 2500's. 4 of those 5 were Hemi's. All January orders. A couple were night editions. One had power deployable running boards (rare for a Laramie) and one had the Digital rear view camera package. The diesel Laramie in the 3-2 equipment list party has the cargo view camera. But none of the trucks are exactly like mine. I thought I might have gotten lucky because I did not get any safety or towing tech groups, no 12" screen, no sun roof
But I got the digital rear view camera package, cargo camera package, power running boards, night edition, aux switches, and that combination has simply not been assembled yet.
I keep telling myself it's only been 11 weeks. Mathematically I could still be on track for the 16-20 week estimate wait, or at least not far off from that. Hope I get to see an EL soon though. I fear if it is not soon, I could be one of the "long haulers" and be looking at a 2023 model. haha, nah, it's not that bad, yet.
One morning you will wake up to a surprise email saying that your VIN has changed, the truck is built, and then the really hard part of waiting begins. Enjoy the ride.

gator6

Reaction score
I think restricted and constrained are used interchangeably.
Pretty sure that means that Ram will either A) not accept an order if those items are selected, or B) hold an order indefinitely until those options become available again. Towing tech group being on restriction probably due to availability of the parts necessary to add that option to a Laramie. You may want to take a serious look at upgrading to a limited or limited longhorn. If you’re spec’ing a very loaded up Laramie (or trying to) you may find that you’ll be very close to limited / limited longhorn trim in price. (Within a couple grand) and you’ll have a nicer truck that’s worth more. If you order one from a dealer giving 11% off MSRP then the price savings would more than bump you to the next trim level and you’ll have a nicer truck all the way around AND get the tech goodies you want without having to wait or worry about things being restricted or unavailable.

I only owned a new vehicle once, and that was when my parents bought me a car my senior year of high school. Dad took up those payments when I joined the Navy in 2000 since the truck was in his name.

Since then I’ve always wanted a new vehicle and the wife agreed to let me purchase one for our cross country trip after my retirement this year, within reason. I built a decently loaded Laramie Night Edition in October, my wife was worried about the price, so we looked at a number of used 3500 only to find the price to be comparable to new. My wife told me “you’ve done 22 years in the military and have driven the same 2500 for the last 13 years, order what you want.” I told her the Night Editions on the Laramie were no more due to stock issues, and she told me “guess it’s your luck then…order whatever you want, you deserve it.”

The difference in the loaded Laramie and a comparable Limited is roughly $5k, but you get a little more for that money.

We went with the Longhorn, just because the interior color is too classy to pass up.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
MD has been the best purchase process ever!!!

This is fantastic!!! Been a long wait but I got her!!

68a7a3b17826b6b600a8a92988e31213.jpg

709871a752e46e9133516149c0dd0d81.jpg

e2ffd571ad880b5b9a16ef717befad44.jpg

3435af419b82be90dc9be382e6cff0a1.jpg

8ea626342cd891e9cf1402cb15bb5790.jpg

Couldn’t be happier

G’Dave

Reaction score
One morning you will wake up to a surprise email saying that your VIN has changed, the truck is built, and then the really hard part of waiting begins. Enjoy the ride.
Yep - window sticker came last night.
Ordered 1/10
Build Sheet 3/2
Window sticker 3/3
This is the truck that I canceled. I reordered on 1/28. I hope my second order goes just as fast. I changed 4 things:- 8 foot bed, 4.10, 50 gallon tank, 5th wheel prep, deleted the block heater.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 8.41.50 AM.png

G’Dave

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 8.52.40 AM.png

This is a great example of the difference in payload of CTD vs Hemi. The gas engine is about 1000 pounds lighter, so the payload increases by the same amount. My reordered truck will likely have a little less payload due to a longer frame, longer bed, and bigger tank. But more towing capacity with the 4.10 diff.

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
That doesn’t sound unreasonable. It may be less than a week if their timing is right. Be glad you’re going by rail. The folks with trucks shipped by boats are getting a pretty raw deal. Weeks upon weeks of delays waiting to fill the ships, and then even more weeks (or months) of them sitting at ports after being unloaded. It’s terrible.

Dealer called and confirmed that my 3500 should be in the yard awaiting transport for the final 20-30 mile run in the next day or so. He said, unfortunately, there's a shortage of truck drivers, so the timing has been hit and miss between the yard and the dealer. We will see..

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Dealer called and confirmed that my 3500 should be in the yard awaiting transport for the final 20-30 mile run in the next day or so. He said, unfortunately, there's a shortage of truck drivers, so the timing has been hit and miss between the yard and the dealer. We will see..

That’s good! It shouldn’t be too long now. You’re in the final wait. Sometimes the most unnerving one!

Users who are viewing this thread