Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Curiously why? With there being a train yard in Pearland (near Houston), if the intent was to get it off the train ASAP, seems like there would be closer dealers. Or do they just have high volume, so maybe get preferential treatment and get trucks quicker?
They're one of a handful of dealers offering around 11% off MSRP for custom builds. For most of us, that 11%~ is worth the drive to save money.

Automated reply system failed to clear the buffer from previous call?
Must've been, caught me off guard but I got a good laugh at least!

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Curiously why? With there being a train yard in Pearland (near Houston), if the intent was to get it off the train ASAP, seems like there would be closer dealers. Or do they just have high volume, so maybe get preferential treatment and get trucks quicker?

Very high volume.
Incredible pricing.
Knowledgeable sales staff.
Honest and upfront about everything.
And they no doubt have some of the best allocation numbers in the country due to the volume they move. If my local dealer (10 minutes away) hadn’t made me an offer very close to what they could, I would’ve ordered from them in a heartbeat and never thought twice about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACEd

Reaction score
Mark Dodge (MD) seems to be favored dealer here at least statistically - very deep discounts, knowledgeable people for placing internet orders, high volume may get trucks sooner (?), very accomodating relative to picking buyer up at airport or meeting within 250 miles for delivery, lots of very positive reviews. There are a few other dealers occasionally mentioned who are providing similar prices, etc. but Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, La seems to be at the top of most lists. Several examples of people dissatisfied with other dealers cancelling orders and reordering with MD. Main disadvantage seems to be distance, but people flying in and driving home or arranging transport thru MD and still saving thousands - particularly in areas where dealers are commanding MSRP + $5000 Market Adjustment. Other issue with some is not supporting local dealers - but see previous sentence.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Reached out to Ram support just to gauge a rough timeline, but I got the weirdest closing statement yet. Wonder who Edward is, considering my agent's name was David.

Now I understand even more why everyone says to take their word with a grain of salt.

View attachment 33030

Do you know for sure that your name is on the VON?
I’ve seen it before that the selling dealer or salesman puts their name on the order when it’s submitted. Any edwards in sales at your dealer?

snlsmith

Reaction score
Well damn, wish I had known. I myself am on dealer #3. The current one has been decent, but less $ would definitely have been better obviously.

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Do you know for sure that your name is on the VON?
I’ve seen it before that the selling dealer or salesman puts their name on the order when it’s submitted. Any edwards in sales at your dealer?

All of the paperwork I've seen shows my name as the customer, and "salesperson" is Michael... I'm not aware of any Edward at the dealership.

P.A.

Reaction score
Not sure where my post went so I'll ask again..

I checked the box on the build for Black Vinyl floor covering. Don't ask me why!! I guess I was thinking vinyl floor mats. But does this mean there won't be any carpet in the truck? My husband isn't too happy and says he won't take possession of the truck if this is the case. My truck is in D1 status so not sure I can change it at this point. :confused: I've got a call into my sales rep.

SaylessRam

Reaction score

I checked the box on the build for Black Vinyl floor covering. Don't ask me why!! I guess I was thinking vinyl floor mats. But does this mean there won't be any carpet in the truck? My husband isn't too happy and says he won't take possession of the truck if this is the case. My truck is in D1 status so not sure I can change it at this point. :confused: I've got a call into my sales rep.
Correct, no carpet in the vehicle.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

Yes. You’ll have vinyl floor covering and no carpet.
It honestly isn’t bad and you can still install the rubber floor mats and use the clip system to keep them in place. You may end up liking it. Vinyl is much easier to clean and won’t get stained or stay wet.

P.A.

Reaction score
Yes. You’ll have vinyl floor covering and no carpet.
It honestly isn’t bad and you can still install the rubber floor mats and use the clip system to keep them in place. You may end up liking it. Vinyl is much easier to clean and won’t get stained or stay wet.

That's what I told my husband but he does not agree. Says he doesn't want the truck now. Says it will look cheap like a work truck. Am hoping it's not too late to change. We'll see. I've got a call into my sales rep. Fingers crossed

J-J

Reaction score
That's what I told my husband but he does not agree. Says he doesn't want the truck now. Says it will look cheap like a work truck. Am hoping it's not too late to change. We'll see. I've got a call into my sales rep. Fingers crossed
If I were you I'd just order again if not. I'm with him the vinyl floor is not very nice my work truck has it and it's nothing but an eye sore. Before you wait too long for the change just reorder save yourself the wait.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

P.A.

Reaction score

FOLLOW UP: I am so bummed that I did this! Talked to Aaron over at MD. He said that if it's in D1 status that means they have all the parts for the build and it probably couldn't be changed but he did put in an email to ask since it was something simple. No promises but at least he ask. Praying that it can.

P.A.

Reaction score
If I were you I'd just order again if not. I'm with him the vinyl floor is not very nice my work truck has it and it's nothing but an eye sore. Before you wait too long for the change just reorder save yourself the wait.

I don't think he would reorder at this point. Plus pricing has already gone up since our order.:(

Reactions: J-J

J-J

Reaction score
I don't think he would reorder at this point. Plus pricing has already gone up since our order.:(
Well I can tell ya I ordered a darn nice laramie that got lost then got built, I can send you the window sticker it's on its way currently and I'm waiting for my new order to be built. Patriot blue, 6.7 ho a darn nice truck.

gator6

Reaction score
FOLLOW UP: I am so bummed that I did this! Talked to Aaron over at MD. He said that if it's in D1 status that means they have all the parts for the build and it probably couldn't be changed but he did put in an email to ask since it was something simple. No promises but at least he ask. Praying that it can.

I had this happen to me, but I caught it 2 weeks in while in “D” status. I almost lost deployable steps over a mistake.

Sandi told me she could put in a change request and it would be 50/50 whether it was honored or not AND it could affect my price protection. Luckily it was caught early enough to correct without changing anything.

You can try, it may delay your rig, but you may also get denied. I had a Hemi with vinyl flooring, it wasn’t bad at all.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Congrats!
Flying in tomorrow to get mine!

c9f36ee4e5f7e29d24d3108d421993cd.jpg

See ya there

dynocompe

Reaction score
cant say there will ever be a day my wife will be ordering our truck lol, i blame him. My salesman couldnt even copy my order right. Took them more than one try to get my order properly in the system without missing something and I handed them my order printed. I am so anal, i am stressing that the dealer will mark up my shiney door sills before i get the truck! I know my 19 was all marked up. I want to tell them to leave the protective plastic on the door sills and screen. Is this an unusual request? lol

SaylessRam

Reaction score
cant say there will ever be a day my wife will be ordering our truck lol, i blame him. My salesman couldnt even copy my order right. Took them more than one try to get my order properly in the system without missing something and I handed them my order printed. I am so anal, i am stressing that the dealer will mark up my shiney door sills before i get the truck! I know my 19 was all marked up. I want to tell them to leave the protective plastic on the door sills and screen. Is this an unusual request? lol
Not unusual at all, I'll be asking the dealer the same. Plastics on the trim, the radio, etc. The less they touch, the better in my opinion. I don't even want the vehicle washed before pickup.

Users who are viewing this thread