Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Basser53

Reaction score
Yes, I asked that question and I have to follow the recommended maintenance based on the owners manual. I can take it to any dealership but have to notify them for proper records of maintenance. I took it, for a freebee it might just be worth it.
My dealer has something similar.. I can do my own maintnence or take it anywhere just need receipts and records, is what they told me. I've not read the fine print yet..

Dgprints

Reaction score
My dealer has something similar.. I can do my own maintnence or take it anywhere just need receipts and records, is what they told me. I've not read the fine print yet..
I would read that fine print though. These companies will look for any reason to deny a claim. Most warranties require an ASC certified shop for work to be done.

ACEd

Reaction score
I would read that fine print though. These companies will look for any reason to deny a claim. Most warranties require an ASC certified shop for work to be done.
But if its a freebee, its good regardless.

ACEd

Reaction score
Just saw this regarding Baton Rouge PD - Some of 280 units still on order have been "on order" since 2020 - they just got 30 units in . Guess we in RAM HD country are not doing that bad after all - still no excuse for the older orders being delayed while newer similar orders being built.

"For maintenance reasons, BRPD was hoping to switch over to one vehicle, but the wait for Chevy Tahoes alone would take even longer. BRPD has reached out to other vendors and their fleet will be made up of Dodge Durangos and Ford Explorers, too. Some units, outside of that 280 number, have arrived at BRPD recently. Those 30 or so units can't be used yet because they haven't been outfitted - more supply chain issues."

Last edited:

superjoe83

Reaction score
Just saw this regarding Baton Rouge PD - Some of 280 units still on order have been "on order" since 2020 - they just got 30 units in . Guess we in RAM HD country are not doing that bad after all - still no excuse for the older orders being delayed while newer similar orders being built.

"For maintenance reasons, BRPD was hoping to switch over to one vehicle, but the wait for Chevy Tahoes alone would take even longer. BRPD has reached out to other vendors and their fleet will be made up of Dodge Durangos and Ford Explorers, too. Some units, outside of that 280 number, have arrived at BRPD recently. Those 30 or so units can't be used yet because they haven't been outfitted - more supply chain issues."
It's definitely a mess out there, I'm the fleet manager for a local city, I just put a order in for 3 police interceptor utility's (explorers) they are at least 30 weeks out, the upfitter I use is about 12 weeks out ordering the parts/lights to outfit the units.

spinned

Reaction score
Can one of you check a VIN for me. 3C6UR5FL9NG242284
My dealer says it is D1 with a ship date in March. I ordered it in January. But with so many people saying they have 6-8 month builds, I thought I’d try to verify the status. Thanks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Read my post more closely - I believe it is accurate - LT tires in general do not come with the same warranty options as P tires.
That is not to say you can not purchase Road Hazard warranties on LT tires - in fact I suggested you could get them at Discount Tire even if you did not buy from there and Sams bundles with Mounting - No doubt there are others - but the original post I was responding to was coming from a truck most likely with P rated Goodyears and many Tire Brands as well as Tire Dealers treat LT vs P differently, especially with respect to Tire Company warranties. And still different for Commercial Use..

Falken doesn't seem to differentiate between P-metric and LT tires.

pete2833

Reaction score
It's definitely a mess out there, I'm the fleet manager for a local city, I just put a order in for 3 police interceptor utility's (explorers) they are at least 30 weeks out, the upfitter I use is about 12 weeks out ordering the parts/lights to outfit the units.

We ordered 3 Dodge Charger Pursuits in September of 2020. We received 1 in May of 2021 and the other 2 in November of 2021. We just ordered more Charger Pursuits and we were going to order Durango Pursuits again but FCA has no blue offered in the Durango's even on the civilian side. Estimate for Chargers was 3rd or 4th quarter this year.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Can one of you check a VIN for me. 3C6UR5FL9NG242284
My dealer says it is D1 with a ship date in March. I ordered it in January. But with so many people saying they have 6-8 month builds, I thought I’d try to verify the status. Thanks.
D1

Willbo

Reaction score
Baltimore???

Anyone have their trucks delivered by train to Baltimore?? If so, how long did it sit there until it got its ride to the dealership? Mine is currently sitting there waiting. Ugh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Baltimore???

Anyone have their trucks delivered by train to Baltimore?? If so, how long did it sit there until it got its ride to the dealership? Mine is currently sitting there waiting. Ugh!!

Baltimore is one of the black holes in the shipping process.

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
Got this today

5e61c22937d4679f25187c8a1d284397.jpg

Skurtz036

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Chapman orders are by train or boat? I’ve been through this whole thread, but too lazy to do it again.

BubbaWilkins

Reaction score
Lifetime anything is amazing. Another lottery ticket recommendation!!

Depends on the language. The Mopar backed lifetime warranty which was discontinued a few years ago was pretty decent. I have it on both my 2012 Ram 1500 and a 2018 Dodge Durango. At 180,000 miles, they replaced the 5.7 Hemi in the 1500 due to worn cam berrings. BUT, there is language in the warranty that it does not cover "normal wear and tear". Last time I had tires put on, the mechanics mentioned the front lower control arms needed to be replaced. I took it in to the dealer, but the warranty agent cited that it was "normal wear and tear" and the repair was not covered. So basically, once the vehicle gets near or over 200,000 miles, they're likely to cite that same clause on other repairs regardless of the "lifetime" status.

Stdsma11

Reaction score
Speaking of warranties for these trucks, is anyone going with the warranty that MD is offering? Their terms aren’t quiet as long but the prices are competitive. Jason also says they they will help make sure the work is done anywhere in the country. They have been great so far and with them standing behind it seems to be a plus to me.
I signed up for their warranty

Users who are viewing this thread