Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Basser53

Reaction score
My dealer was locking in my trade amount too but not at the $83,100 I got they wouldn’t lock it in. The rate they agreed to lock in was about $4000 less. My trade in price was the best I could find by almost $5,000 too. I wanted $85,000 so we agreed on $83,100 and a set of cooper discoverer tires
Good deal, if things stay like this ,I'll trade in every year..

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
I dont want to bug MD, so does anyone know if I buy the truck outright if MD still takes texas sales tax, or can I pay that directly to my county tax office back in TX?
I believe it is your choice if you pay outright. I did not have MD take taxes as it would have been part of the wire transfer. I paid taxes to my state directly on a credit card for the points.

La_mera_paipa

Reaction score
First of all I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the info specially the guys updating the spreadsheet. I ordered 12-30 and and the wait is killing me. I see some trucks that were ordered a day before I did getting built and that’s awesome for those guys. The dealership I ordered offered me a lifetime warranty on power train and suspension. Just wondering if anybody here has dealt with this warranty before? I think it was a good offer.

G’Dave

Reaction score
First of all I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the info specially the guys updating the spreadsheet. I ordered 12-30 and and the wait is killing me. I see some trucks that were ordered a day before I did getting built and that’s awesome for those guys. The dealership I ordered offered me a lifetime warranty on power train and suspension. Just wondering if anybody here has dealt with this warranty before? I think it was a good offer.

Lifetime anything is amazing. Another lottery ticket recommendation!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jambram

Reaction score
Forgot to add that my truck shipped with only 1 key fob. Dealer said that is normal right now. They are going to order a 2nd fob for me.
I received 2 key fobs and 2 physical keys. Both the fob emergency key and the physical key work on the glove box, ram box and the cargo divider. What is the point of the emergency key? I read the owner's manual and didn't see anything. The only thing that I can figure is that in a valet situation, you can lock the glove box, remove the emergency key from the fob and give the fob to the valet. They would be unable to open the glove box and cargo divider. Unfortunately, a valet would still have access to the RamBox. I played around with Valet mode as well and the Ramboxes do unlock. Seems like Ram could change the programming to allow the RamBoxes to stay locked when in Valet mode. I did to a search for valet mode and emergency key on the forum and didn't come up with anything useful.
Read my post more closely - I believe it is accurate - LT tires in general do not come with the same warranty options as P tires.
That is not to say you can not purchase Road Hazard warranties on LT tires - in fact I suggested you could get them at Discount Tire even if you did not buy from there and Sams bundles with Mounting - No doubt there are others - but the original post I was responding to was coming from a truck most likely with P rated Goodyears and many Tire Brands as well as Tire Dealers treat LT vs P differently, especially with respect to Tire Company warranties. And still different for Commercial Use..
I called another Firestone Dealer and they gave me the answer I want, bring the truck in and they can add rotation/balance/road hazard. I think the first place just didn't know what they were talking about. The best insurance for not picking up a nail is to pay for the Road Hazard Insurance!
On my 2006 1500, I'm on my second set of Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar(with road hazard insurance) tires and I don't think I have ever had a flat. The first set was on sale and I am prone to getting flats, so i got a second set when the first gave out. The ride is a lot rougher though.

ACEd

Reaction score
Define "Offered" - I have seen one dealer that had a free lifetime powertrain warranty on all vehicles purchased new. Until you read the fine print - all maintenance service work had to be done at their dealership and on their schedule - and the recommended intervals and services were significantly tighter than Manufacturer's recommendations. I had a booklet from them - HD truck Diesel services and 4WD axle / differential and transmission services were more severe than MOPAR Severe Service Recommendations.

Now if its a purchased warranty, I think Mopar had a Lifetime Powertrain option on cars and I think gas burner trucks that was good at any dealer. I would have considered that one, but no such option for Diesels.

So I guess it comes down to the fine print - but suggest you check requirements to keep in place and whether it covers service at other dealers or just the one you bought from. And if its a freebee, its worth at least what you paid for it.

CleverName716

Reaction score
Just got the text from my salesman that my truck was delivered this afternoon, so it's KZX for me! I'll post up some pictures when I take delivery later in the week.

Thank you to those who moderate this thread and those behind the scenes for all of the time you put in and the info that you provide!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I received 2 key fobs and 2 physical keys. Both the fob emergency key and the physical key work on the glove box, ram box and the cargo divider. What is the point of the emergency key? I read the owner's manual and didn't see anything. The only thing that I can figure is that in a valet situation, you can lock the glove box, remove the emergency key from the fob and give the fob to the valet. They would be unable to open the glove box and cargo divider. Unfortunately, a valet would still have access to the RamBox. I played around with Valet mode as well and the Ramboxes do unlock. Seems like Ram could change the programming to allow the RamBoxes to stay locked when in Valet mode. I did to a search for valet mode and emergency key on the forum and didn't come up with anything useful.

I called another Firestone Dealer and they gave me the answer I want, bring the truck in and they can add rotation/balance/road hazard. I think the first place just didn't know what they were talking about. The best insurance for not picking up a nail is to pay for the Road Hazard Insurance!
On my 2006 1500, I'm on my second set of Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar(with road hazard insurance) tires and I don't think I have ever had a flat. The first set was on sale and I am prone to getting flats, so i got a second set when the first gave out. The ride is a lot rougher though.
I believe it's a valet key, probably doesn't work with the rambox for money reason, beancounters.

La_mera_paipa

Reaction score
Define "Offered" - I have seen one dealer that had a free lifetime powertrain warranty on all vehicles purchased new. Until you read the fine print - all maintenance service work had to be done at their dealership and on their schedule - and the recommended intervals and services were significantly tighter than Manufacturer's recommendations. I had a booklet from them - HD truck Diesel services and 4WD axle / differential and transmission services were more severe than MOPAR Severe Service Recommendations.

Now if its a purchased warranty, I think Mopar had a Lifetime Powertrain option on cars and I think gas burner trucks that was good at any dealer. I would have considered that one, but no such option for Diesels.

So I guess it comes down to the fine print - but suggest you check requirements to keep in place and whether it covers service at other dealers or just the one you bought from. And if its a freebee, its worth at least what you paid for it.
Yes, I asked that question and I have to follow the recommended maintenance based on the owners manual. I can take it to any dealership but have to notify them for proper records of maintenance. I took it, for a freebee it might just be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread