Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

mmehlhouse

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the SL date on the window sticker changed? Mine was 0210 when it first popped up and now it’s 0216-3

limacharlie72

Reaction score
The short answer- Quite a bit of "power stuff."

But my window sticker shows "Power-Heated Folding Memory Trailer-Tow Mirrors." Which, on a bunch of threads ago...didn't seem like they were going to be available with December builds.

ACEd

Reaction score

But my window sticker shows "Power-Heated Folding Memory Trailer-Tow Mirrors." Which, on a bunch of threads ago...didn't seem like they were going to be available with December builds.
But does the Equipment List show Power Folding? Power mirrors simply means power adjustment in this case heated and with memory function. What truck and what packages do you have - If Longhorn or Limited you probably have power folding or if you have Laramie with A or B pkg but not if you have C or D pkg.

Sauksxs

Reaction score
Long time lurker, finally decided to post. Placed my order on 9/8/2021 Laramie CTD NE with BSM and level B package (MSRP $78k) Truck should be at the dealer by the end of the month. Asked my dealership what my price would be on the truck (alerted them I have a tread lightly membership - prior to the 2022 order I had negotiated a price on a 2021 build - rep said I could still get a 2021- wrong). They told me they are unable to give me a price because the truck isn’t on the lot yet and they need to negotiate with Chrysler since there were two price hikes. After some back and forth with the dealership, I requested my deposit back. Anyone ever heard of this happening?

Anyways, I immediately went out and priced a few mentioned dealerships here on the forum and placed an order with Sandi at Mark Dodge and got what I feel is a good deal. Now I have a 2022 Limited CTD NE on order.

If anyone is in the Baltimore/DC area, a patriot blue Laramie will be hitting a lot soon. Although, I wouldn’t recommend the dealer.

Excited for the Limited to get here but I’m in no rush. Love seeing the trucks coming in.
Yes something similar with my first order with DS in Idaho went with Sandi @ MD second order

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
But does the Equipment List show Power Folding? Power mirrors simply means power adjustment in this case heated and with memory function. What truck and what packages do you have - If Longhorn or Limited you probably have power folding or if you have Laramie with A or B pkg but not if you have C or D pkg.
Usually power folding are together and not separated by othe words

dynocompe

Reaction score
Happy to see I have a window sticker as of yesterday for my 10/2 MD order. When have you all been locking in rates and starting the sale/trade process on your existing truck?
Locked in my rate when I ordered the truck. Also traded it in right then and there. Its the only way to do it for the best deal imo especially if you get a tax credit for trading in. Imagine being a dealer, knowing the customers truck they waited for months is finally in, that he is bringing a trade in and gets a tax credit for the trade. They have the upper hand, you are much more likely to accept a lower offer as you want the tax credit and your truck is there waiting for you. You dont have much to bargain with as your truck is there already and they know you are buying it anyways. You are forced to accept their crappy offer if you want it applied to the purchase of your new truck. You could sell it privately, but then you miss out on the tax credit if you have that option, which is $8000 on my deal!
When I ordered, I had the upper hand with the trade in, as our deal wasnt final until I was happy with what they were offering me on trade. You could take your trade and walk, but then you have to start the ordering process all over again if you want the tax credit.......I say the sooner you start the trade process the better, then they cant hold it over you.

Last edited:

Skurtz036

Reaction score

then you'll have power folding. Level c/d group says, "pwr multi-func htd trailer-tow mirrors w/ man fold"

pete2833

Reaction score

Your build sheet should say this if you have Power Folding Mirrors.

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 7.04.38 AM.png

Basser53

Reaction score
Locked in my rate when I ordered the truck. Also traded it in right then and there. Its the only way to do it for the best deal imo especially if you get a tax credit for trading in. Imagine being a dealer, knowing the customers truck they waited for months is finally in, that he is bringing a trade in and gets a tax credit for the trade. They have the upper hand, you are much more likely to accept a lower offer as you want the tax credit and your truck is there waiting for you. You dont have much to bargain with as your truck is there already and they know you are buying it anyways. You are forced to accept their crappy offer if you want it applied to the purchase of your new truck. You could sell it privately, but then you miss out on the tax credit if you have that option, which is $8000 on my deal!
When I ordered, I had the upper hand with the trade in, as our deal wasnt final until I was happy with what they were offering me on trade. You could take your trade and walk, but then you have to start the ordering process all over again if you want the tax credit.......I say the sooner you start the trade process the better, then they cant hold it over you.
My dealer guarenteed my trade in price no mater how long it takes.. I had 2 different dealers offer this.. 7% tax here is a 4970 $ savings on taxes. On 71k tade in.. they were right in line with kbb..
Not sure what your trading or your tax rate but 8k is alot..

Rampingup

Reaction score
If I would have sold/traded my truck before taking delivery on new one in trade in, my sales tax would have been almost $9K. With state, county, city taxes we are at the low rate of only 9 7/8%. What a bargain. And the best part is that it can't be taken off of Fed or State taxes because of the $10K limit. Probably not the end of rant.

Basser53

Reaction score
Wow what state.. I thought 7% in indiana was high..do you also pay a state income tax?

Muddvain

Reaction score
Correct me if im wrong but 8000$ (Assuming thats the value of your total trade?) credit here in Texas atleast is 8000x.0625=500$ not that its nothing but its not as great here atleast as it sounds on a 64000$ truck that is total tax give or take 4000$. I dang sure wouldnt let them hold my trade over my head id make the deal without the trade sell mine later and refi with that cash down. Just my .02 cents but i completely understand not everyone can afford to go that direction.

Ajbjorkman

Reaction score
Yep I hear you. I've been thinking those thoughts myself but was told with the crazy market they couldn't guarantee a trade value between order and delivery of the new truck, which is understandable. I'll start to reach out now to start the analysis. In my state i don't have a window for the tax credit where I can trade now and then 60 days later still get the credit. It all needs to happen simultaneous to the new truck. Fortunately i'm not looking at $8k, my sales tax is 4.5% so on a 35k trade need to clear a bit less than $37k private sale to break even.

Muddvain

Reaction score
I got a pretty good offer from Carmax a few weeks ago 12k on my 2008 H2 Base with 220k on the dial. Everything works surprisingly. But obviously most states inc Texas i think the trade has to be at time of purchase i could be wrong on that ive never bought out of state either so all new to me. Hopefully will all go smooth once the truck is in. Got a long wait ahead still tho 1/31 order date so…. Enjoying watching all you guys get your trucks and post pics pretty awesome! Lottta BA trucks comin out!

Users who are viewing this thread