Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

MrTaz

Reaction score
This is an awesome rumor to get started! Too bad only 2% of us would actually buy a manual transmission (at least based on previous Ram manual transmission sales)..............
If they didn't de-rate the engine so much because of their weak transmissions I think there would be more of an interest.

pete2833

Reaction score
Well, back in for a 2nd order. Deal didn’t work out with my dealership. Reordered through Chapman at 3% below invoice. Jumping to a 3500 Laramie, mega cab, hemi. Was also able to order NE and tow tech which weren’t avail when I ordered first truck. Getting the exact truck I want, and still gonna be cheaper. Ordered 2/15. Received VIN 2/17….here’s to another wait….

Good luck and hope it doesn't take too long !

Skurtz036

Reaction score
Good luck and hope it doesn't take too long !
Me too… but such is life. How’s your new truck treating you?

To the powers that be, if you want to add this to the spreadsheet you can for others to follow.

3500 SRW Laramie Mega Cab, 6.4 hemi.
No sunroof, no BSM or safety group.
3C63R3MJ2NG279727

adamsmith655

Reaction score
I'm back! You'll find me in the early pages of the 2019 order thread. Got my Blue Streak Laramie 3500 on May 1, 2019. Basically, due to the value of that truck and a growing family (kids getting bigger, adding a lab puppy, no more kids!), I'm trading up to a Mega Cab with air suspension, otherwise, getting all the same stuff, loaded up Laramie SRW. Going patriot blue this time, wish the Blue Streak was still around, but such is life.

Shout out to @adamsmith655 for the rec on the dealer, actually beat MD by a couple hundred dollars and is sitting $2-3k higher on my trade as of right now. And only an hour from home vs 11 hours. Will add my info to the tracking database later this weekend. Let the wait begin again.
Happy to be able to contribute and thanks for the shout out!

dynocompe

Reaction score
Truck arrived Wednesday but I won’t be able to pick it up until next weekend due to the finance team being busy. Here are some pics the sales person Amanda sent me from Granger Motors. @zach@granger
6195dd7efb08c8cff4f28de1e34f7f09.jpg

07bcbee3c487f3e377c8fb755145c9b5.jpg

1109829019d03ecb0c875e66ddee372e.jpg

83b072d0d98cbc3dd93ae0210c99a910.jpg

9b9236d64a9acac7957df45db14014b5.jpg

ef3a00e76c003f90adc17f0b15f253f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post more when you pick it up please and its clean! Same truck I ordered except 2500! Mine is built, waiting on shipping, would like to sit and stare at it and picture mods lol

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
I checked with Sandi at MD this morning regarding my 12-23 order and I'm currently in the trim stage of production. She anticipated another 2-3 weeks and it should have a train ticket to the dealer. Getting closer!

That’s quick. Trim/engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thothtp

Reaction score
I ordered a Mustang Mach-E in the same week I ordered my 2500 Limited. Electric is here, and it finally makes practical sense, even ignoring environmental issues/benefits. Compared to other small crossover vehicles, the Mach-E was MUCH more fun to drive (a center of gravity within an inch of a real mustang helps a ton there, as does 0-60 in 4.8 seconds on the mid range model I got, the GT is even faster) had more technology, more room inside, and when you factor in gas was cheaper than the other comparables. 270 miles is more than enough range to cover 98% of my driving, and for the rest I can charge 200 miles in about half an hour at a DC fast charger, of which there are many and 5 billion dollars more of them going in in the next couple years.

That being said, for towing it isn't there yet, which is why I ordered an ICE truck at the same time, for the horse trailer. But it is coming, and it is coming fast. Most companies are phasing out all ICE vehicles by 2035.

BMax94

Reaction score
Can I ask what wheels those are and what size Toyo's, they look great!
Wheels are Fuel Vector 20x9 +1. I left the center caps off. Tires are 295/60/20. Stock suspension. I had no rubbing until I put on the Weathertech mud flaps. Trimmed the back side flaps a bit and no issues at all now.

tyler2you

Reaction score
Absolutely, hence why I bought a big ass V8 truck as well :) It will be a while before we are replacing our tow vehicles, but it will happen. Semi's will be first (Tesla Semi's once they are released will have enough capacity to run a full shift before recharging during mandatory rest breaks.)
Yep, just trying to steer the conversation back to something semi on topic (trucks) vs. the tangent the new order thread is going ;)

drodegeb

Reaction score
I just received this email from FCA "A MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR RECENT RAM VEHICLE ORDER", includes a note about welcoming to the the family, VIN number, etc. Does this indicate any specific status, or is this sent more randomly? I just checked with RAMCHAT on Thursday and was still in D status.

Users who are viewing this thread