Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

P.A.

Reaction score
View attachment 32152Truck arrived at MD yesterday morning. Got funds wired and paperwork done remotely and over Zoom. Hands down the best vehicle purchase experience I’ve ever had. No BS super efficient and professional. Currently waiting on confirmation of the hauler to deliver to NC.

Ordered 12/9
Just curious how the wire transfer went? We ordered from Mark Dodge and will have to do the same thing. We are not having it delivered thou we will drive to HOU and pick up. Was your order thru MD? Ours will be same color not diesel though. Nice!

P.A.

Reaction score
That's crazy considering some late Dec and Jan orders are being built right now ..
We have a Jan 19th order date but can't seem to find where to check all that. Also on the spreadsheet do we have to update all info?

beckty85

Reaction score
My wire transfer was super easy. Going to the bank in 5 minutes to do one for my 1000 deposit on the new truck. They used to take credit cards for the 1000 but apparently had some issues with some customers on it.

Last edited:

P.A.

Reaction score
My wife transfer was super easy. Going to the bank in 5 minutes to do one for my 1000 deposit on the new truck. They used to take credit cards for the 1000 but apparently had some issues with some customers on it.
Back in January they were allowing CC. I would have loved to put the whole thing on my CC because I get travel miles. However they told me max was $3000.

Texasram1

Reaction score
Back in January they were allowing CC. I would have loved to put the whole thing on my CC because I get travel miles. However they told me max was $3000.
I was hoping to do the same. Dang

MTRam

Reaction score
Ok, so 5 months sounds like a realistic number, whereas the other dealers are giving me overly optimistic ones. Not surprised.

No, not Mark Dodge or Chapman. These are all local dealers in the Rochester, NY area - Mark Dodge is 23 hours away and might be tough to swing. First two dealers were locked at MSRP, while the third dealer was actually a friend who was able to get me halfway between MSRP and Invoice when they otherwise also do MSRP or above. Which given the market I thought was pretty good, but people are still getting under invoice, even now? Are there any dealers in the northeast doing that? I am happy to fly and drive, but 23 hours is pushing it, we have a new baby and demanding jobs.

Hi. First time here. I’ve been lurking for a while. I thought I’d comment as I’m in Rochester currently. I shopped all over NY and NH. Best price for my 3500 was 1k under MSRP. Worst one quoted me a minimum of 5k over MSRP. Found out about MD from this forum. Saved 9k. We too have a new baby and busy jobs but we couldn’t pass up the price. Even calculating the cost of shipping MD quoted it would still be worth it. Plus the dealers here in Rochester are terrible. Days to get responses and vague prices etc. MD a has been wonderful to deal with. Flights to MD are cheap so I’m planning on flying and a fast drive back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texasram1

Reaction score
My wife transfer was super easy. Going to the bank in 5 minutes to do one for my 1000 deposit on the new truck. They used to take credit cards for the 1000 but apparently had some issues with some customers on it.
I wonder if people were trying to cancel an order, and called the CC to dispute the charge since MD makes the deposit non refundable.

BroGo

Reaction score
Truck was finally delivered to the dealership today. Still needs to go through PDI and detail before I can make arrangements to pick it up, but it’s finally there!! They said they’ll send me some pics once it’s detailed so I’ll post those up as soon as I have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stellanti

Reaction score
That's crazy considering some late Dec and Jan orders are being built right now ..
First week of august order here and exactly 28 weeks since ordered and just onlined finally today… no rhyme or reason went D1 5 separate times… I think there is something real to the batching options for regions as the dealership has a truck with all the same options plus some in a different color that was ordered in September for dealer stock and was onlined earlier this week. And then a few other similar Laramies within 50-100 miles also popped up as being built or in transit this week.

AmmoRAD

Reaction score
I have been trying to track the May-Sept Orders which seem to be LOST IN SPACE to see if I can see any meaningful trends / reasons. I have been watching these for a while and I can come up with no rhyme or reason, but later orders seem to be moving better. There has been some progress since Jan 31 - here are the current Summaries of Trucks with (built) and without Equipment Lists.

13 May-Sept Orders with NO EQUIPMENT LISTS
3 2500, 10 3500, 2 3500 Chassis Cab
3 2500, 9 3500 SRW, 1 3500 DRW, 2 3500 Chassis Cab SRW
1 2500 Hemi, 3 2500 SO,0 3500 SO, 9 3500 HO, 2 3500 Chassis Cab SO
1 SLT, 1 Tradesman, 1 Big Horn, 6 Laramie, 0 Longhorn, 5 Limited
2 Chassis Cab, 11 Crew Cab, 6 Mega Cab
1 May, 3 June, 5 July, 4 Aug, 2 Sept

8 May-Sept Orders with new EQUIPMENT LISTS from 2/1-2/15
3 2500, 5 3500, 0 3500 Chassis Cab
3 2500, 2 3500 SRW, 3 3500 DRW, 0 3500 Chassis Cab SRW
1 2500 Hemi, 2 2500 SO, 0 3500 SO, 5 3500 HO, 0 3500 Chassis Cab SO
0 SLT, 0 Tradesman, 0 Big Horn, 2 Laramie, 0 Longhorn, 6 Limited
0 Chassis Cab, 4 Crew Cab, 4 Mega Cab
0 May, 0 June, 1 July, 2 Aug, 5 Sept

Conclusions - none really - the Limiteds seem to have made more progress but all moving slowly, HO's, SOs, and Hemi's all moving, 2500s and 3500s both moving, MegaCabs and Crew Cabs about the same, DRW and SRW moving - but no excuse for those not moving. Trucks with lower SLT, Tradesman, BigHorn equipment and Chassis Cabs NO Movement, but singles so cant draw any conclusion.
That single DRW 3500 Limited is mine. Reached out to dealer today to see if they still show estimated ship date of next week or a new estimate, still waiting to hear back. Pretty frustrating when I see other loaded 3500 limiteds being delivered that were ordered months after mine. Definitely not impressed with the process for my first custom ordered vehicle.

Hoon150

Reaction score
Just curious how the wire transfer went? We ordered from Mark Dodge and will have to do the same thing. We are not having it delivered thou we will drive to HOU and pick up. Was your order thru MD? Ours will be same color not diesel though. Nice!
Yeah ordered through Renae at MD. Everyone has been a pleasure to deal with.

It was seamless. I gave them the name and number of my bank officer and they handled it pretty much without needing me. I had the funding prearranged with my bank.

Congrats you’ll love the truck!

xcountry1582

Reaction score
Wife Transfer?:oops:

I saw the same. lol

On another note, has anyone noticed issues with there trucks being built on Friday/Saturday? My equipment list showed up on Monday and I'm worried that the truck might have issues that are unsolvable.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Hope you got a good deal with the wife. I didn't know they accepted those in trade.:eek:

pete2833

Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of what the " Aux Reverse Lamps, Mirror-mounted" look like ?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread