Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

223500DRW

Reaction score
I would love to see how that delete goes. From my understanding, the emissions system isn't covered under warranty.
don't let them lie to you all emissions have to be under warranty it's a federal regulation. just like gas vehicles. they have to warranty it for x years etc. usually emission stuff is longer than the normal manufacturer warranty since it all pertains to smog. unless it's different now I doubt it though.

Last edited:

gator6

Reaction score
It is for 80k miles on most units I think. I don't wanna publicly go into detail but I own a repair facility in TX and we happen to be Chrysler / Cummins certified. We perform warranty, inspections and tuning in house.

Retiring back home in Texas sounds a lot better now. I forgot how relaxed we are about some things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamsmith655

Reaction score
Has anyone showed their Mark Dodge “MD” quote / pricing to another dealer and got the same deal or 1-2% close to it ? I’ve never committed to such a purchase before and think it’s a little crazy to order a truck from a dealer half way across the country and not get it for a couple months. I would of already bought a pre-owned 2021, but these 2nd hand dealers want over MSRP for a used vehicle that should be well below.
@Chrisyeager12 Lakeland dodge in central FL was competitive with MD when I placed my order with them.

ACEd

Reaction score
Some good news from my dealer today re my damaged truck. They were able to determine it was minor damage to a fender and it is being repaired now. It will be done and ready for transport in 1-3 days. I will of course inspect the truck when it arrives and we'll go from there. After researching the heck out of these issues over the weekend it seems this happens more than people realize and most time the consumer is never aware. With minor damage the manufacturer or the dealer may be under no obligation to divulge the information. However now that I do know I am being treated very well :)
I would ask for photo of damage - easy with cell phones. I am sure repaint is much better these days, but I had a 1971 Charger 500 Impact Red color with a left front fender that was apparently repainted before car was sold and by 1973 it was distinctly faded - yes I know red may be worse than most colors.

Firewall

Reaction score
I would ask for photo of damage - easy with cell phones. I am sure repaint is much better these days, but I had a 1971 Charger 500 Impact Red color with a left front fender that was apparently repainted before car was sold and by 1973 it was distinctly faded - yes I know red may be worse than most colors.
Yes sir, did that along with a full report of what originally happened and the remedy!

ACEd

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how our numbered spot on the list goes up and not down ....... I think when I 1st got my vin listed I was #973, a week later until last night I was # 979 and this afternoon, I checked and I'm #980. I would think our number would go down if it changed at all, not go up .... Thanks
Easy - rows are sequenced by date of order - if someone posts a new listing with an earlier order date, you move down.

ACEd

Reaction score
I would love to see how that delete goes. From my understanding, the emissions system isn't covered under warranty.
I think emissions system is covered as required by the Feds - concern I would have is if its been tampered with and you have an engine problem, dealer could refuse to honor engine warranty.

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
I just got an update from Sandi at Mark Dodge on my Oct LL order:

"Your build date moved to 2/23 and slipped back into D status....I think the supply chain and border blockage has caused some havoc."

She is going to check with Stellantis to see if she can get some detail on what's causing the delays.
@tyler2you I was going to send you a message but then decided to put it on the board as I hope many can use this info on their builds/waits. Then I saw your message and well.....
I talked with our friends at Ram Chat this morning and was told that I slid back to D and that no build or ship date was available. After a whiskey tango foxtrot moment and a few minutes I contact Sandi (she asked me to contact her around 2.15). She then thanked me for my patience and went to work. A few minutes later she sent the following email and a new POC;

Hi Keith,
I am not sure why RAM chat customer service is telling you that your order is back in D status. Your POC shows to be in D1 with an estimated ship date of 2/21.
Email me again at the end of the month and if it is on a train by then, I will have a better idea of when we might receive it.
Have a great day!
Sandi

That there is some fine customer service and I am incredibly appreciative!

I hope you get your build squared away! And we are definitely living in interesting times! Continued luck to all involved in the Ram Lottery!

Last edited:

gator6

Reaction score
@tyler2you I was going to send you a message but then decided to put it on the board as I hope many can use this info on their builds/waits. Then I saw your message and well.....
I talked with our friends at RamShat this morning and was told that I slid back to D and that no build or ship date was available. After a whiskey tango foxtrot moment and a few minutes I contact Sandi (she asked me to contact her around 2.15). She then thanked me for my patience and went to work. A few minutes later she sent the following email and a new POC;

Hi Keith,
I am not sure why RAM chat customer service is telling you that your order is back in D status. Your POC shows to be in D1 with an estimated ship date of 2/21.
Email me again at the end of the month and if it is on a train by then, I will have a better idea of when we might receive it.
Have a great day!
Sandi

That there is some fine customer service and I am incredibly appreciative!

I hope you get your build squared away! And we are definitely living in interesting times! Continued luck to all involved in the Ram Lottery!

Thanks Keith!

tyler2you

Reaction score
I’d be interested to know what’s up with that too. Sandi never gave me a build date, only said that my LL (11/12 order) made it to D1 and should ship on 3/3.

Yeah, it's not technically a build date. It's listed on the POC as the "estimated ship date", but it usually ends up being close to the build date so people end up talking about the dates interchangeably.

I have found that Ramchat won't/can't give you any dates, only the dealer seems to have them. But as @brv10 told me a while back, "those dates don't mean nothin". Or at least it was something like that ;)

@Bigsnowman - I finally realized that Ramchat is a waste of time today. I had just got done with a chat where they told me I was D1 when I got the email from Sandi telling me I'd regressed to D. I'll take the dealer's word for it.

gator6

Reaction score
Yeah, it's not technically a build date. It's listed on the POC as the "estimated ship date", but it usually ends up being close to the build date so people end up talking about the dates interchangeably.

I have found that Ramchat won't/can't give you any dates, only the dealer seems to have them. But as @brv10 told me a while back, "those dates don't mean nothin". Or at least it was something like that ;)

@Bigsnowman - I finally realized that Ramchat is a waste of time today. I had just got done with a chat where they told me I was D1 when I got the email from Sandi telling me I'd regressed to D. I'll take the dealer's word for it.

Okay, we’re all on the same page here then. Sounds like they got a number of LL lined up for production.

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
Okay, we’re all on the same page here then. Sounds like they got a number of LL lined up for production.

If @OfficerDirtySanchez 's Build Sheet represents .6% of the Rams produced (I don't remember what the exact number is but we are a minute part), then there should be a strong 15 consecutive days of exclusive LL production!

tyler2you

Reaction score
If @OfficerDirtySanchez 's Build Sheet represents .6% of the Rams produced (I don't remember what the exact number is but we are a minute part), then there should be a strong 15 consecutive days of exclusive LL production!
Agree. There's only 25 LLs on the spreadsheet without a build sheet. Seventeen HOs, 7 SOs, and 1 Hemi. 21 SRW and 4 DRW. Oldest remaining unbuilt order is 10/15, however they jumped ahead and built 15 other LLs that were ordered after that date. One lucky fellow that ordered on 12/11 has his Longhorn sitting in the driveway. They could knock them all out in a shift and make all of us very happy.

MrTaz

Reaction score
don't let them lie to you all emissions have to be under warranty it's a federal regulation. just like gas vehicles. they have to warranty it for x years etc. usually emission stuff is longer than the normal manufacturer warranty since it all pertains to smog. unless it's different now I doubt it though.
You are correct. Although on my 2017 with a Cummins I had to pay to replace the DEF injector and the truck had 107,000 miles on it and at the time was four years old.

BroGo

Reaction score
Can anyone check the status of a friends build that isn’t on the forum? 3C63RRRL2NG219198 thanks!

Muddvain

Reaction score
Agree. There's only 25 LLs on the spreadsheet without a build sheet. Seventeen HOs, 7 SOs, and 1 Hemi. 21 SRW and 4 DRW. Oldest remaining unbuilt order is 10/15, however they jumped ahead and built 15 other LLs that were ordered after that date. One lucky fellow that ordered on 12/11 has his Longhorn sitting in the driveway. They could knock them all out in a shift and make all of us very happy.
Ya and throw my BH on that Freight Train too please!

JLHoughton

Reaction score
You are correct. Although on my 2017 with a Cummins I had to pay to replace the DEF injector and the truck had 107,000 miles on it and at the time was four years old.
That is because it's a 5 year 100K mile whichever comes first. I had the 53 block crack at 68K on my currant Ram but was over 5 years old. I bet you can guess who paid that one. Not Them.

gator6

Reaction score

I’m glad some of you have the time to research this stuff. This sounds like a good thought process, one could only hope that’s what’s they’re thinking.

Thank you!

Muddvain

Reaction score
That is because it's a 5 year 100K mile whichever comes first. I had the 53 block crack at 68K on my currant Ram but was over 5 years old. I bet you can guess who paid that one. Not Them.
Ya i got lucky on my old 03 Cummins in my avatar pic 15k worth of repairs at 99807 had it hauled to the dealer. Only paid for afew items not covered thank goodness. But they are sticklers about that mileage they have to record it when they do work so naturally if it doesnt clear not much they can do.

Users who are viewing this thread