Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
While the week started great with my build sheet popping up, and then the window sticker after a three month wait. Then I noticed a mistake in that the dealer mistakenly ordered a bench front seat instead of buckets. Compound that with my intended trade Ram 1500 being totaled yesterday morning in a rollover. Now I have no vehicle, and the dealer hasn’t figured out how to fix their mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So sorry to hear that. First and foremost, I hope everyone is OK after the wreck. It sucks when you take multiple hits in a short period of time. Again, so sorry man...

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
View attachment 31849View attachment 31850View attachment 31851Here the pics of my truck finally cleaned up a bit and got the windows tinted today. Picked up Tuesday night. Dealership dropped the ball hard but I got her home that’s all that counts. 150 miles so far and love the truck. Now off to other threads to do some research on rust preventative and paint protection. Thanks everyone here.
Love the color! Excellent choice... Beautiful truck man!

Rampingup

Reaction score
Great looking truck!! I too live with too much winter and have the need for rust preventative. I've tried about everything from Ziebart to Fluid Film and Wool Wax. Ziebart is too expensive for what it was and they never did it with as much detail as I would have liked. Fluid Film maybe lasted a year. Wool wax lasted the longest on my last truck (only after I learned the trick to drive it down the dirt roads and get a coat of dust on it right after you spray) but what a mess as it stays pliable and you end up wearing it if you touch anything under the truck and I finally had a guy tell me about "RP-342". Can get black or kind of a transparent-ish clear. Stuff is great, won't come off without solvent and basically looks like you coated the frame and underneath with wax. I have it on my Wrangler and my wife's JGC Summit. Already have it sitting in the garage to do my new Power Wagon when I finally pick it up. https://www.cosmolinedirect.com/cosmoline-sprays/ Thought I'd share.
Out of curiosity, how much of this would be needed to properly undercoat the truck? If this is the same stuff as the cosmoline which used to cover equipment I installed shipped around the world, that would be great. Like you said, it only comes off with solvent and a LOT of elbow grease.

franko

Reaction score
Which Dealership. Mine has been sitting at the rail yard 20 miles from the dealership since Monday.
Mine too. Been at the railyard since 1/30. My eta to the dealer has changed twice.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Out of curiosity when I was at the dealer today for my free truck detail I checked on the status of the first truck that I ordered and canceled. The truck was ordered 9/11/21. I found out today that it just went to D1 status. The truck I have now was delivered to me 1/17/22 and it was ordered three days later on 9/14/21. I guess I dodged a bullet on that first one. Who knows when the dealer will actually get it.

kwick66

Reaction score
I just heard back on mine. I received the window sticker on 1/31 so it looks like it sat for about a week at the plant before tripping North. Tentative delivery to Port Allen on 2/17 with up to 2 weeks for Mark Dodge delivery. I'm optimistic that anyone headed that way, and waiting on a train with a window sticker prior to 2/8, hitched a ride.

View attachment 31853
hoping that my truck is all cozy on that train with yours.
I didn't receive a rail ship date, but MD gave me a delivery window of 2/18-3/02

Willbo

Reaction score
Who has a way to track Norfolk Southern trains?

Also, if a rail car is interchanged, do the trucks stay on the same rail car? Or, are they moved to a new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIDEaCANYON

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how much of this would be needed to properly undercoat the truck? If this is the same stuff as the cosmoline which used to cover equipment I installed shipped around the world, that would be great. Like you said, it only comes off with solvent and a LOT of elbow grease.
They have some guidance on how many cans it takes on their site. Obviously will vary with how detailed you get and size of vehicle. I’m yet to spray a 2500 but the Wrangler used about 6 or so underneath for frame And undercarriage and then I used another 3 or so of the transparent stuff under on the suspension and things that can be seen when standing beside Jeep. I currently have 6 black and 3 transparent cans to start on the PW the day I get it back from having the ceramic done. Figure I can get more if needed.

Attachments

• 1025F545-8356-4E0A-BC76-A8DBAB9C3189.jpeg
    1025F545-8356-4E0A-BC76-A8DBAB9C3189.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 30

Rampingup

Reaction score
They have some guidance on how many cans it takes on their site. Obviously will vary with how detailed you get and size of vehicle. I’m yet to spray a 2500 but the Wrangler used about 6 or so underneath for frame And undercarriage and then I used another 3 or so of the transparent stuff under on the suspension and things that can be seen when standing beside Jeep. I currently have 6 black and 3 transparent cans to start on the PW the day I get it back from having the ceramic done. Figure I can get more if needed.
I went to the website and for a full size truck they are recommending 6-9 cans. They say it will probably leave you with a can or two left over. 9 cans of aerosol is $105. That is a bargain. Not sure how messy it will be to use.

Dgprints

Reaction score
Well boys, just got my e mail from MD, truck has been delivered! 3C6UR5ML4NG162264
Thanks for all the help along the way!
When did your truck get to the rail yard? I’m curious how long it took to get back to MD.

RIDEaCANYON

Reaction score
I went to the website and for a full size truck they are recommending 6-9 cans. They say it will probably leave you with a can or two left over. 9 cans of aerosol is $105. That is a bargain. Not sure how messy it will be to use.
Not as bad as the fluid film or wool wax but it is aerosol so will have some overspray. I usually wait for a very calm wind morning and back the vehicle in the grass. Tried it in garage once and ends up covering things along with the vehicle and also a PIA as a good bit falls to the floor and fun to get off. When it’s in the grass i just let it “grow out”. Haha

kevin588127

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum - Great info here and exciting to see all the new trucks!

I've ordered a '22 2500 BH, Crew Cab, 6.4L gas with Level A. It's going to be replacing my current 2010 no-frills 1500 Tradesman that has served me very well for 11 years.

Ordered: 1/13
D1: 2/7
Build: ?????
Ohh, this is good to hear. I ordered a big horn on 1-20. Hoping to get a D1 status soon. Did your dealer tell you d1 or did you get that f I'm ram chat? Ram chat told me I was still in scheduling, awaiting parts.

Users who are viewing this thread