Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I put money down on a new truck on 12/6/21. It's a 2022 3500 Crew C/C 4x4 Limited with the standard Cummins and AS69RC HD transmission in pearl white. I added dual tanks, chrome cab length steps, cold weather group and manual regen option.

I've had 3 Duramax trucks and less than stellar experiences with the last 2, especially the 2018 so I traded it for a 2021 CCLB SRW 3500 gas High Country last year. I've done a lot of hauling at times and can't really see doing much long haul work with the gas truck so I was poking around about trading it for a Ram diesel when my local dealer made what I thought was a very fair offer. They offered me more for my trade in than what I gave for it new. Hope that holds out until the new one arrives.

So when I ordered it on 12/6, 3 different dealers had told me 6-12 weeks for a new order. I'm at about 9 weeks now and they're telling me it's scheduled to build Monday 2/14. That will be 10 weeks so I guess there's no way I'm seeing the truck in 12 weeks. Dealer is saying probably mid-March but I'm guessing I probably shouldn't hold my breath. I figure end of March is best case and maybe summer time if I'm not one of the lucky ones. I'm not sure what the parts shortage situation is like right now. I thought it was getting better but after some reading on here, I'm not so sure now.

NightTrain

Reaction score
Dealer confirmed D1 today - we'll see. Ordered 1/21 - 2500 Limited CCSB 6.4 NE.

Reactions: CFE

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I put money down on a new truck on 12/6/21. It's a 2022 3500 Crew C/C 4x4 Limited with the standard Cummins and AS69RC HD transmission in pearl white. I added dual tanks, chrome cab length steps, cold weather group and manual regen option.

I've had 3 Duramax trucks and less than stellar experiences with the last 2, especially the 2018 so I traded it for a 2021 CCLB SRW 3500 gas High Country last year. I've done a lot of hauling at times and can't really see doing much long haul work with the gas truck so I was poking around about trading it for a Ram diesel when my local dealer made what I thought was a very fair offer. They offered me more for my trade in than what I gave for it new. Hope that holds out until the new one arrives.

So when I ordered it on 12/6, 3 different dealers had told me 6-12 weeks for a new order. I'm at about 9 weeks now and they're telling me it's scheduled to build Monday 2/14. That will be 10 weeks so I guess there's no way I'm seeing the truck in 12 weeks. Dealer is saying probably mid-March but I'm guessing I probably shouldn't hold my breath. I figure end of March is best case and maybe summer time if I'm not one of the lucky ones. I'm not sure what the parts shortage situation is like right now. I thought it was getting better but after some reading on here, I'm not so sure now.
Chassis Cab?

ACEd

Reaction score

6-12 weeks was probably pretty optimistic - my dealer said 12-16 but mine made it in a bit over 10. Never heard of 6 weeks not even before Covid and shortages.
Have you put your truck on the tracking sheet?

jlschwefel

Reaction score
Truck made it to the dealer yesterday morning and will be picking up tomorrow afternoon. They got it prepped and ready for sale yesterday but too late in the day for me to get there with other obligations and salesperson is off tomorrow. Ordered 11/09/21 so right at 3 months from order to dealer, excited to get the truck tomorrow and then tires go on Friday.
666056391.jpg

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

Lots of dealerships out there giving very optimistic (and unfortunately unrealistic) estimations for build and delivery times. I would plan for 4 months, give or take. That seems to be a common timeframe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzzuti

Reaction score
Just a quick shout out now that I’ve had my truck for 2 months and 2K miles. The ride of the 3500 DRW with air suspension was/is MUCH better than anticipated, in fact it rides almost as smooth as my 2500.

Those on the fence, get the rear factory air and enjoy your ride.

On a side note, I didn’t realize how skinny/narrow the factory dually rims are. Leaves little option for more aggresive tires which resulted in a wheel/tire purchase!!
She's a beaut!!! Very nice truck!

Question:
Curious, what did you mean by your statement
Leaves little option for more aggresive tires which resulted in a wheel/tire purchase!!

I see posts like this where the dude threw 37"x12.5"'s on. (little too grande for my purposes, but to each!)
Interested what limits on options you ran into.

killborn

Reaction score
One month into my 3500 HD Cummins Longhorn order (Canada) and still waiting on a VON/VIN. Order was accepted by RAM on Jan 13. Hopefully some news by the end of the month.

CFE

Reaction score
One month into my 3500 HD Cummins Longhorn order (Canada) and still waiting on a VON/VIN. Order was accepted by RAM on Jan 13. Hopefully some news by the end of the month.
Took me about 10 days to get my VON/VIN from MD - ordered in late Jan and got the VON/VIN this week

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
The Stellantis games are real. Our new "Whitey" went D1, according to Sandi, on 12.9. In watching the build sheet that @OfficerDirtySanchez keeps for us out of the goodness of his heart. almost everything was being built within 30 days of going D1. Early in January Sandi was so kind to let me know that I had a 2.3 build date (which I know was the most accurate info she had). Well I just got off the phone with RamShat. The nice lady there told me that I'm "gatelined" as of 2.7 (meaning all parts are present for the build) and have a ship date of 2.20. The only accurate thing to say is that there is no rhyme or reason to how they are picking what trucks to build and when. I get that there are some who've been waiting far longer and I really feel for them... @owdiss78 and others. And I know that I'm still in the 16-20 week window for a realistic delivery. Congrats to all who've won the Ram Lottery and have gotten their trucks. And thanks to all here who've made the wait easier!

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Chassis Cab?
Yes it's a Chassis Cab truck. I already have the bed so I hope the truck comes through. Beds were about as scarce as trucks back when I was checking so when I found one close to what I wanted within 300 miles, I called the guy and spoke for it and picked it up that weekend.
6-12 weeks was probably pretty optimistic - my dealer said 12-16 but mine made it in a bit over 10. Never heard of 6 weeks not even before Covid and shortages.
Have you put your truck on the tracking sheet?
No, I have not seen the tracking sheet. I'll check it out. Thank you.

chas0218

Reaction score
Hey guys, decided to join the discussion. I was hoping to see more HD trucks that were being delivered in timely manner but it's looking like that isn't happening. I added myself to the order tracking to see how it pans out. I will mention that I got D status right when I ordered the truck but have been waiting on D1 status for the last few weeks. From what my dealer has told me from once it gets the D1 status it is about 3 weeks until he will see it on his lot. I was hoping to have the truck for our trip down to Florida in April but I don't think that is going to happen. That would be 11 weeks from order to receive.

Texasram1

Reaction score
Hey guys, decided to join the discussion. I was hoping to see more HD trucks that were being delivered in timely manner but it's looking like that isn't happening. I added myself to the order tracking to see how it pans out. I will mention that I got D status right when I ordered the truck but have been waiting on D1 status for the last few weeks. From what my dealer has told me from once it gets the D1 status it is about 3 weeks until he will see it on his lot. I was hoping to have the truck for our trip down to Florida in April but I don't think that is going to happen. That would be 11 weeks from order to receive.
3 weeks from d1 to dealer lot is unrealistic IMO

chas0218

Reaction score
3 weeks from d1 to dealer lot is unrealistic IMO
I would agree from all the reading I have been doing on other sites, but they said that is what they are seeing. It is shipped rail car from Mexico to Buffalo NY then rail yard to dealer.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Dealer didn't send pics, so of course I made the 45 min. drive to check it out. The dealer must have known I was coming, as it was left unlocked. Horrible lighting, so sorry for the bad pics.

6.21.2021 order. 2500 MegaCab Night Edition. Laramie Level A equipment did come with power folding mirrors. Spare wheel (I grew up calling them rims) is black, which is nice. Wish I had gotten the 8.4 NAV radio with the glossy bezel and the aux switches. Safety Group B did come with the digital rear view mirror and the connector to the left of the license plate. 2 1/2" to 2" hitch reducer and plug for the wiring when you take off the tailgate were in the back seat.

The picture with the carpet hanging and a gap is under the glove box. It looks unfinished to me. What do other Laramies look like?
Congrats on the truck, @jambram!

Regarding the carpet under the lower glovebox- mine is the same way. It does look somewhat unfinished.

matemike

Reaction score
I see you are a Big Horn hemi. Lucky for you, those are moving fast when compared to others.
D1 to Lot in 3 weeks is possible, but a little optimistic. In my case and others, your first report of being D1 means the truck will maybe be built in a couple of weeks or 3-4. So nowhere close to hitting the lot. The actual build takes less than a day. Your window sticker for a complete and inspected truck will populate a couple days to a week after it is built. Then the delivery starts. Delivery time mostly depends on your location. NY is probably not the best location for a speedy delivery from Mexico. Is it being delivered somewhere else?

franko

Reaction score
I see you are a Big Horn hemi. Lucky for you, those are moving fast when compared to others.
D1 to Lot in 3 weeks is possible, but a little optimistic. In my case and others, your first report of being D1 means the truck will maybe be built in a couple of weeks or 3-4. So nowhere close to hitting the lot. The actual build takes less than a day. Your window sticker for a complete and inspected truck will populate a couple days to a week after it is built. Then the delivery starts. Delivery time mostly depends on your location. NY is probably not the best location for a speedy delivery from Mexico. Is it being delivered somewhere else?
Agreed. Mine was built on 1/7 and still isnt at the dealer in PA.

pete2833

Reaction score

I posted my time line earlier in the thread.
Was D1 on 12-15-21
Built 1-17-22
Started shipping 1-24-22
Just hit Lordstown rail yard 2-7-22
So 2 weeks for shipping to Ohio and then we shall see how long till it hits the dealer lot. I know another member here has had a truck sitting in the Lordstown Rail Yard since 1-14-22 waiting for a truck ride to State College Pa.

Users who are viewing this thread