Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust those vehicles. The chips on the secondary market are sketchy and not completely trustworthy. The chips on the secondary market are either made by manufacturers that are not main-stream or the chips didn't pass the QC of the main-stream manufacturers.
Sorry! I used the word "Secondary Market". Didn't mean an untrusted black market type of chip. Secondary meaning I don't believe any of the Big Three auto manufacturers make their own chips and believe they must be sourced. If they made their own why would there be a Chip Shortage?

Mptolomey

Reaction score
Just a quick shout out now that I’ve had my truck for 2 months and 2K miles. The ride of the 3500 DRW with air suspension was/is MUCH better than anticipated, in fact it rides almost as smooth as my 2500.

Those on the fence, get the rear factory air and enjoy your ride.

On a side note, I didn’t realize how skinny/narrow the factory dually rims are. Leaves little option for more aggresive tires which resulted in a wheel/tire purchase!!

Attachments

• A8B47133-0CD4-4BB5-9C2D-88CEB36F0F7A.jpeg
    A8B47133-0CD4-4BB5-9C2D-88CEB36F0F7A.jpeg
    623.8 KB · Views: 67

WildBill138

Reaction score
@Rockman
I have 3233 lb payload in my 2500. Its a gas. Im sure the HO is more powerful and quick, but i find myself having to pull mine out of eco mode the way i drive anyway. Ive always wanted a full coil front AND rear solid axle truck, after having chevys with tbars and leafs. Your truck looks good tho. White and chrome bros.

Swampfox

Reaction score
@Rockman
I have 3233 lb payload in my 2500. Its a gas. Im sure the HO is more powerful and quick, but i find myself having to pull mine out of eco mode the way i drive anyway. Ive always wanted a full coil front AND rear solid axle truck, after having chevys with tbars and leafs. Your truck looks good tho. White and chrome bros.
Sounds a lot like my scenario. Got the hemi for the payload and I’ve always had chevys so I wanted the straight axle front end and front and rear coil.

Texasram1

Reaction score
Just a quick shout out now that I’ve had my truck for 2 months and 2K miles. The ride of the 3500 DRW with air suspension was/is MUCH better than anticipated, in fact it rides almost as smooth as my 2500.

Those on the fence, get the rear factory air and enjoy your ride.

On a side note, I didn’t realize how skinny/narrow the factory dually rims are. Leaves little option for more aggresive tires which resulted in a wheel/tire purchase!!
Hoping its the drw that helps your ride quality, as I shyed away from the srw 3500 with rear air bc so many said it rode like a wagon and there were none near me to test drive. Hoping I didnt buy the wrong rig and miss out on more payload and towing if the ride quality between 2500 with rear air and srw 3500 with rear air are actually close to each other!

Mptolomey

Reaction score
Hoping its the drw that helps your ride quality, as I shyed away from the srw 3500 with rear air bc so many said it rode like a wagon and there were none near me to test drive. Hoping I didnt buy the wrong rig and miss out on more payload and towing if the ride quality between 2500 with rear air and srw 3500 with rear air are actually close to each other!
I also was told it would ride like a wagon!! Let’s just say, pleasantly surprised!!

xcountry1582

Reaction score
Sorry! I used the word "Secondary Market". Didn't mean an untrusted black market type of chip. Secondary meaning I don't believe any of the Big Three auto manufacturers make their own chips and believe they must be sourced. If they made their own why would there be a Chip Shortage?

Not at all. It's not an untrusted black market. Just not necessarily a main-stream producer.

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
After driving for a few days.. just wanted to give my honest opinion..
I have owned multiple 2500 mega cabs with and without air suspension. After receiving my 22 with high output And rear air suspension I will not be ordering a 2500 again with standard output… The power difference is huge and the 22 aisin software shifts really well. I don’t notice any difference in ride when air pressure is dropped to 55 psi in both trucks.. Go drive both of you can.. Just traded in my 21 2500 with 1700 payload rating for truck below with 3600 payload rating.. Just my opinion..

2022 Ram 3500 SRW with air suspension delivered!
Looks great! I've got a HO 3500 Limited on order (3C63R3SL6NG216134). Should be another month or so...I'm told. :rolleyes:

What Carli lift are you getting? Also, what wheels and tires are you getting? I'm assuming some level of offset. The truck looks great, but after the lift it will look amazing! Also, the ride should be amazing after the Carli treatment..

Rockman

Reaction score
Looks great! I've got a HO 3500 Limited on order (3C63R3SL6NG216134). Should be another month or so...I'm told. :rolleyes:

What Carli lift are you getting? Also, what wheels and tires are you getting? I'm assuming some level of offset. The truck looks great, but after the lift it will look amazing! Also, the ride should be amazing after the Carli treatment..
Carli 3.5 for air suspension with King shocks. Also ordered Carli Deaver progressive leaf springs with sulastic shackles. Wheels are 20x9 Tis 544BM with +18 offset with 37x13.50 Nitto Ridge. The +18 offset keeps them almost flush with fender flares. Stick out just a bit.

tolym

Reaction score
62ca2b4577c5ec540990f3b95d55a7b1.jpg

I’m hoping everyone is getting their trucks on time and their trucks are treating them good. We are over 5k miles here on each truck and these things have been amazing.
Be patient, it’s worth the wait.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. Picked up on 12/23. Best Christmas present ever)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
Carli 3.5 for air suspension with King shocks. Also ordered Carli Deaver progressive leaf springs with sulastic shackles. Wheels are 20x9 Tis 544BM with +18 offset with 37x13.50 Nitto Ridge. The +18 offset keeps them almost flush with fender flares. Stick out just a bit.
Excellent. Do you think it will require any trimming?

I've been shopping Carli for a long time now. About to place an order. Thanks for the info. Very much appreciated...

pete2833

Reaction score
Truck was constructively placed at Lordstown Ohio rail yard at 7pm last night. Just needs a short truck ride to dealer. 20 miles !! Here is an example of what I was able to track as my truck made its way from Mexico.

Attachments

• 2022 Truck Shipment.pdf
    44.9 KB · Views: 43

gator6

Reaction score
"Thank you so much for holding, I appreciate your patience. I am showing as of 1-31-2022 all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received and your vehicle is waiting for its turn in the assembly line. Orders are in this stage for a few weeks and most are built within 30 days of reaching this stage. At this time, we can suggest checking back in a week or two for an update. Congratulations again on the purchase! We appreciate having you in the RAM family!"

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
"Thank you so much for holding, I appreciate your patience. I am showing as of 1-31-2022 all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received and your vehicle is waiting for its turn in the assembly line. Orders are in this stage for a few weeks and most are built within 30 days of reaching this stage. At this time, we can suggest checking back in a week or two for an update. Congratulations again on the purchase! We appreciate having you in the RAM family!"
I think that's D1! Congrats...

J-J

Reaction score

I’m hoping everyone is getting their trucks on time and their trucks are treating them good. We are over 5k miles here on each truck and these things have been amazing.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. Picked up on 12/23. Best Christmas present ever)

No some of us had to reorder and are still waiting..

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

matemike

Reaction score
So I have gathered that equipment lists populate on weekday mornings. I’ve asked here before but no replies, but What time of morning? Early early or mid morning? PST, MST, CST, or EST ?
Just wondering what time to call off the search daily. I should be close to getting an equipment list though, unless I’m back at D.
3C6UR5FJ3NG227732

CleverName716

Reaction score

Looking good! The more I see of the Patriot Blue, the more I like it.

I apologize if it's already been stated elsewhere; but what are the wheel and tire specs on those trucks?

Texasram1

Reaction score
So I have gathered that equipment lists populate on weekday mornings. I’ve asked here before but no replies, but What time of morning? Early early or mid morning? PST, MST, CST, or EST ?
Just wondering what time to call off the search daily. I should be close to getting an equipment list though, unless I’m back at D.
3C6UR5FJ3NG227732
Seems to be 11 eastern, as best I can tell.

tolym

Reaction score
No some of us had to reorder and are still waiting..

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Wtf. Sorry about that. Why did you have to reorder? Hope the dealer didn’t screw up your order.

Reactions: J-J

Users who are viewing this thread