Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I wonder how many of us cross paths on FB and don't know it? The mighty BH Is loving the snow!
My Big Horn is loving the snow as well.... 23 days since delivery and 226 miles........ LOL I haven't even had an opportunity to clean it up and post decent pictures of her yet..... Would enjoy having you as a friend on FB ! How do I find you?

Btoms3

Reaction score
Not unusual for Canadian orders to not get VIN until built or close to build - not like US orders that should have VIN within a few days after order. If you are US order, do you have VON - if so you can usually get VIN from RamChat if dealer wont get it for you. Other possibility if US order is there is a problem with the order.
Yes I’ve had the VON since I’ve ordered the truck. The dealer was out of Minnesota so I guess that order stays in the US. It’s a fleet order too so that could have something to do with it also.

Texasram1

Reaction score
I know I read it but now I cant find it again; do the build sheets populate once per day, or in quasi-realtime as trucks are built? If once per day, is the data pushed out in the morning or evening?

Btoms3

Reaction score
I have a friend that I trust in the car business who says when this happens usually the dealer doesn't have allocation from the manufacturer to add another truck order. They will tell you they do to get the sale, they will put you in their system, but it could be months before you actually get a firm order moving ahead with Ram because the dealer is waiting on allocation. When I ordered my Laramie in December I had a VIN the next day.

A friend of mine was pursuing an order from the local GMC dealer and someone he knows that works there told him off the record that he should look elsewhere, because he would be waiting extra long due to that dealer not having any available allocations.

Just a thought. I'd be willing to bet if you put another order in with the right dealer you would have a VIN very quickly, like most on here are saying you should.
It’s a fleet order. I’ve got an order confirmation in the mail from dealer showing order was placed 10-15 and it shows that it will be delivered to my local ram dealer but that’s all the information I’ve received.

ACEd

Reaction score
Yes I’ve had the VON since I’ve ordered the truck. The dealer was out of Minnesota so I guess that order stays in the US. It’s a fleet order too so that could have something to do with it also.
If its a US order and you have Name and address as ordered, you can probably get the VIn from Ramchat - just dont mention Canada (if its a Canadian address, use abbreviations - that sometimes works)

Thisnthat

Reaction score
I have a friend that I trust in the car business who says when this happens usually the dealer doesn't have allocation from the manufacturer to add another truck order. They will tell you they do to get the sale, they will put you in their system, but it could be months before you actually get a firm order moving ahead with Ram because the dealer is waiting on allocation. When I ordered my Laramie in December I had a VIN the next day.

A friend of mine was pursuing an order from the local GMC dealer and someone he knows that works there told him off the record that he should look elsewhere, because he would be waiting extra long due to that dealer not having any available allocations.

Just a thought. I'd be willing to bet if you put another order in with the right dealer you would have a VIN very quickly, like most on here are saying you should.

Ordered a limited in October. Still no VIN.

Chevy/GM ordering is a complete mess right now. From what I've read, Ram dealers are allowed to order "sold" units with the only ordering restrictions being they can't even place an order that has an item constrained (like trying to order an Olive Green or Max Steel Metallic truck today).

GM is essentially a two step ordering process...you place an order but that doesn't mean anything as all that does it put you "in line" for one of the coveted allocations that the dealers receive - and the allocations are both model and trim specific. So the dealers are advertising left/right to come in and order, but there's no guarantee when the order will be selected for production...GM allows dealers to place an order that contains constrained items so they're giving a lot of people false information on what will actually happen in the coming months. I currently have three Tahoes "ordered" at different dealerships with no end in sight

The downside of anyone cancelling an order from the fall is that the MSRP is going to have gone up several thousand if someone was to place an identical order today......definitely touch base with your dealer

threepwood79

Reaction score
Ordered on 12/14 from Dan Cumming's in Georgetown, KY. 2500 Laramie; Crew Cab; Hemi; Night Edition, with sunroof and safety group B. It was built around 1/20, and I just checked the rail info and I think it's maybe in Dickson, TN? Hard to understand the automated voice on the CSX line. I wonder if that's the end of the rail...and now it's truck time? Getting a little excited here.

Smo

Reaction score
Ordered on 12/14 from Dan Cumming's in Georgetown, KY. 2500 Laramie; Crew Cab; Hemi; Night Edition, with sunroof and safety group B. It was built around 1/20, and I just checked the rail info and I think it's maybe in Dickson, TN? Hard to understand the automated voice on the CSX line. I wonder if that's the end of the rail...and now it's truck time? Getting a little excited here.
I ordered on 11/09, truck was built 1/28. It is going to a dealership near Paducah, KY. My dealer said the train comes to Nashville, then vehicle unloaded and trucked into KY dealership. I would assume the same for yours.

pete2833

Reaction score
Here is a linking to a page that contains BNSF's rail maps. You can try to figure out the path your truck has traveled or is traveling.

ClawSS

Reaction score
You are on CSX more than likely and headed to Nashville for unloading and a trip on a truck into Dan Cummins.1643836241084.png

matemike

Reaction score
I know I read it but now I cant find it again; do the build sheets populate once per day, or in quasi-realtime as trucks are built? If once per day, is the data pushed out in the morning or evening?
Build sheet is what your dealer should have given you when you made order. It will be the first place you see your VIN.

I heard equipment lists pop once per day M-F in the morning. What that cut off time is, I do not know. Maybe someone can answer better.

Window stickers pop once per day in the evening, 7 days a week.

Texasram1

Reaction score
Build sheet is what your dealer should have given you when you made order. It will be the first place you see your VIN.

I heard equipment lists pop once per day M-F in the morning. What that cut off time is, I do not know. Maybe someone can answer better.

Window stickers pop once per day in the evening, 7 days a week.

Thanks. I was referring to the equipment list. Maybe tomorrow morning...

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Date Printed: 2022-02-01 3:04 PM
Estimated Ship Date: 2022-02-02 2:00 AM
Date Ordered: 2021-12-04 9:58 AM

Is the ship date the same as the day it gets built?
Never was clear to me.

Stdsma11

Reaction score
I do not believe so, unless you add it yourself after you take delivery. I'm sure if you search for "blind spot detection" on here you can find information about that.

Back last summer when I ordered, I believe it was available on a Laramie, but was removed when the 22 website went live.
Yes it was removed, which pushed me to order the limited instead. This was back in sept 21 and they will be removed from lower trim until further. Chip shortage caused ram to save the blind spot alert technology to higher trim. What a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread