Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Dark Sky

Reaction score
I got a look at our new truck in the dark tonight. The dealer confirmed they are standing by their quote and the Friends & Family discount will apply. They gave us reasonable quotes on our possible trade-ins, so at this point our dealer is getting top marks. We are completely booked tomorrow so we'll likely close on Monday the 31st. I need to find out if they will match Ziegler's warranty numbers and also decide who's going to finance this thing.
I will go over the truck in full detail but so far everything looks great. I thought I had not ordered the bed preparation but lo and behold the bed has been sprayed and the LED bed lights are in place. Maybe all Limiteds have the bed preparation included, or one of the packages has it included. Another surprise, it looks like the truck came with the row of upfitter switches that I had not specified. And the final surprise, the all important foam cup holder insert is in place in the passenger door. I'll post some pictures, probably on Monday.

Attachments

• IMG-2837.jpg
    IMG-2837.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 66

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
I got a look at our new truck in the dark tonight. The dealer confirmed they are standing by their quote and the Friends & Family discount will apply. They gave us reasonable quotes on our possible trade-ins, so at this point our dealer is getting top marks. We are completely booked tomorrow so we'll likely close on Monday the 31st. I need to find out if they will match Ziegler's warranty numbers and also decide who's going to finance this thing.
I will go over the truck in full detail but so far everything looks great. I thought I had not ordered the bed preparation but lo and behold the bed has been sprayed and the LED bed lights are in place. Maybe all Limiteds have the bed preparation included, or one of the packages has it included. Another surprise, it looks like the truck came with the row of upfitter switches that I had not specified. And the final surprise, the all important foam cup holder insert is in place in the passenger door. I'll post some pictures, probably on Monday.
Cupholder and bedliner (unless specifically deleted) come w/ Limiteds, switches were extra- so whoopee!

Familyman7280

Reaction score
My salesman e-mailed me a few minutes ago. Our truck is here. When he told us it was unloaded at the Pearland rail yard (south of Houston) on the 20th, he said it would likely be between 7-10 days to catch a ride on a car hauler. Here we are 8 days later. It's a Limited 3500 SRW long bed, heavily loaded. No Snow Chief package, no sunroof, no cab clearance lamps, got the 5th wheel bed prep but did not get the spray in bed liner, LED bed lights, and step. Going to have the bed liner done locally. Pictures will come, but it will be dark tonight when we get it, tomorrow is fully booked at a rodeo, so maybe Sunday.

Timeline:
Ordered October 19th
Got VIN November 9th (I think it was available much earlier, but this is when I got around to looking for it.)
Ship Date January 14th (slipped one day, was told it would be January 13th. Never got a Build Date)
Shipped out of Saltillo January 15th. This is where I caught a break. I know from this thread you can sit in the yard for many days.
Arrived Pearland January 20th.
Arrived at Dealer's January 28th.

That's 14 weeks and 3 days. Feeling pretty lucky in today's world. Now on to inspection, then trade-in, warranty, and financial discussions. I'm leaning towards maximum extended warranty and will see if they want to match Ziegler's quote. Finance terms aren't too important as I'll be in a position to retire the loan soon, likely less than 3 months.
We'll see how they do with honoring the Friends and Family discount and protecting the original price.
Mine arrived in a little over 8 weeks and is ready for me to take possession. Just waiting on the funds and I’ll be riding. I feel super blessed to my friend. I think everything is majorly speeding up now.

buzzuti

Reaction score
Everyone else who has said it'll fully populate when the truck is built is correct.

Prior to that, there is actually an endpoint which returns partial information prior to that. Here's what it currently returns for your truck:
JSON:
{
  "data": {
    "status": "success",
    "brand": {
      "description": "",
      "year": {
        "value": "",
        "vin": "3C63R3ML4NG262008",
        "vehicle": {
          "bodyModel": "",
          "cpos": "",
          "model_desc": "",
          "model_long_desc": "",
          "sales_eng": "",
          "eng_desc": "",
          "eng_long_desc": "",
          "sales_transm": "",
          "transm_long_desc": "",
          "box_code": "",
          "n_tow_srw_drw": "",
          "c_opt_srw_drw": "",
          "axle": {
            "sales_axle": "",
            "axle_desc": "",
            "axle_long_desc": "",
            "max_payload": "4103.39",
            "GVWR": "12300",
            "GCWR": "",
            "BASE_CURB_WT": "8058.49",
            "axle_front_wt": "6000",
            "axle_rear_wt": "7000",
            "TOWOPT_PKG": {
              "code": "",
              "Description": ""
            }
          }
        }
      },
      "division": ""
    }
  }
}
Curl ya some json for breakfast!

Rampingup

Reaction score
Use this link:

It will show up thi

Use this link:

It will show up this mine
Thank you very much sir. Somedays the grey matter is a little darker than others.

Texasram1

Reaction score
Did you notice they were all Chevy Vegas. Might be a clue to all the problems they had with them.
Reminds me of the strut rub issue with my ‘06 GTO. They cranked the suspension down so much for the long boat ride from Australia that when released the front tires would rub on the struts to the point of exposing inner belts.

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
She said 16-20 weeks but that they had seen some trucks as quickly as 8 weeks. Hopefully we will be lucky and get it closer to 8 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We shall see. I’m a month in yesterday and no movement.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Reminds me of the strut rub issue with my ‘06 GTO. They cranked the suspension down so much for the long boat ride from Australia that when released the front tires would rub on the struts to the point of exposing inner belts.
Sounds like they bent something.

franko

Reaction score
She said 16-20 weeks but that they had seen some trucks as quickly as 8 weeks. Hopefully we will be lucky and get it closer to 8 weeks.

Today I'm at exactly 8 weeks from order. Window sticker 1/10.
At last update from dealer, was expected to be delivered to them between today and 2/8.

ACEd

Reaction score
Does it mechanically deploy or is it electric?
Completely Mechanical. You have to push the small tab with your foot - real pain as you have to come at it from front and push down and out toward back. Very heavy spring and not much tab to catch with your foot - Also pain to sto - instructions say dont try by hand. Previous rectangular design (Mopar 2015) that stuck out a bit more was superior in my mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread