Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Coonhound

Reaction score
Kind of annoyed with my new truck:

Doesn't have auto dimming high beams that were ordered. Doesn't have the doors the automatically unlock when you pull the handle with the FOB in my pocket . The cargo camera doesn't work (tried pushing all the fuses in). Doesn't have the plastic cover piece in the wheel wells. The dealer acted like they just don't come with them and if I wanted them I would have to order it. Of course the price went up like 1600 bucks and when I asked about price protection the salesman told me he warned me that the price could fluctuate and that he's never heard of price protection and that if I didn't want the truck he'd be glad to sell it to somebody else for more money. By the way the guy was *edited* ****** (let's just say I wasn't impressed). Locked in 3.49 with my credit union with a 785 score. Not too bad considering a divorce nearly wrecked me financially 4 years ago.
Ceramic coating $995, 7 year.
PPF to cover hood and fully wrap the dually fenders $1295. Dealer is gonna check out the cargo camera next week.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
That is good to know as I just tried that angle today as I had an open case since October and my salesman said back then that it was supposed to be built by 12/21. Yet they are still apparently picking parts for me and have been since September. So all I got today from US Customer Don’t Care is that they will put a “note” on my open case. Then they probably went back to laughing at me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you 116811?

pete2833

Reaction score

Doesn't have auto dimming high beams that were ordered. Doesn't have the doors the automatically unlock when you pull the handle with the FOB in my pocket . The cargo camera doesn't work (tried pushing all the fuses in). Doesn't have the plastic cover piece in the wheel wells. The dealer acted like they just don't come with them and if I wanted them I would have to order it. Of course the price went up like 1600 bucks and when I asked about price protection the salesman told me he warned me that the price could fluctuate and that he's never heard of price protection and that if I didn't want the truck he'd be glad to sell it to somebody else for more money. By the way the guy was *edited* ****** (let's just say I wasn't impressed). Locked in 3.49 with my credit union with a 785 score. Not too bad considering a divorce nearly wrecked me financially 4 years ago.
PPF to cover hood and fully wrap the dually fenders $1295. Dealer is gonna check out the cargo camera next week.
Yikes. Which model truck ? Limited ? Laramie ?

ACEd

Reaction score

If I am looking at the correct Window Sticker, you should have Remote Keyless Entry - I would have thought that was same as Remote-Proximity Keyless Entry but maybe not - I assume keyfob push button works? Dont know where auto dimming headlights would show up - not on my Window Sticker either but I have them. Would have to dig into packages to see where auto dimming high beams would show up on BigHorn. As to wheel well liners - that has been documented several times - no longer standard on DRW - you apparently have to buy as accessory and add after delivery or some dealers have done as freebee. As to price fluctuation - that seems to vary - my dealer and several others have held original quote but other dealers have not and POC has wording at bottom about price changes. Sorry you had a bad experience - care to identify dealer?

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
If I am looking at the correct Window Sticker, you should have Remote Keyless Entry - I would have thought that was same as Remote-Proximity Keyless Entry but maybe not - I assume keyfob push button works? Dont know where auto dimming headlights would show up - not on my Window Sticker either but I have them. Would have to dig into packages to see where auto dimming high beams would show up on BigHorn. As to wheel well liners - that has been documented several times - no longer standard on DRW - you apparently have to buy as accessory and add after delivery or some dealers have done as freebee. As to price fluctuation - that seems to vary - my dealer and several others have held original quote but other dealers have not and POC has wording at bottom about price changes. Sorry you had a bad experience - care to identify dealer?

Are they on the build sheet? Both show up on my sheet, and Proximity Key on sticker.

briggDD

Reaction score
color matched body liner, its like bedliner, but smooth, and shiny. Cant tell its not paint. Wont chip from rocks. You can install body liner over chrome too!! This grill is body liner, can you tell? I would never buy paint protection film, that stuff is junk and doesnt stop rock chips, why you cant install it on areas that get hammered with rocks, will literally tear it apart.
original
What PPF are you using? Mine stops rock chips all day long!

briggDD

Reaction score
Wheel liners are on back order by the way, ordered some last week.

Basser53

Reaction score

Sold order , once it's ordered I belive that's the price the dealer pays.. my dealer was in a hurry to get it in and that's what they told me once it's in that's the price..

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

Unfortunately it sounds like you were let down by a dealer who obviously does not know their product. Auto dimming headlights are available on the Big Horn trim level as part of the safety group package. I don’t see that package on your window sticker. If you asked for that package and it was not available at the time you ordered, they should have told you that. Strike one against them. If it was available and they failed to order it for you when the order was placed, strike two against them. Remote proximity (passive) keyless entry is not an available option on the big horn trim levels. “Remote keyless entry” (sales code GXM) and Remote proximity (passive) keyless entry (sales code GXD) are not the same option. GXM is standard on the big horn, GXD is not available on the big horn. If they did not explain the difference to you, strike three against them. Price protection has existed for years and most respectable and honest dealerships honor it and know what it is. If they don’t know, or won’t help you out there, strike four against them. As far as the cargo camera not working, that is definitely an issue as your equipment listing clearly defines that the center stop lamp and cargo camera are included in your build. This needs addressed, however given what I’ve stated above, I would recommend finding another dealer that is more aware of their product conduct the warranty work to get it working. In terms of the center section of the dually splash guards, they’re technically not included anymore and it seems that information was never put out to any dealers. It’s one of those internal decisions made by corporate that never makes it out to the sales team. They really can’t be blamed for that one. However, that being said, if you have a good dealer, they’ll work with you on that issue. There’s a set installed on my 2022 and it cost me nothing but a request to my salesman and a few days wait.

Really sorry about all of the above. Doesn’t sound like you were given good information at the time of order. Not trying to bash that particular dealer. Seems like a lack of proper knowledge of the product and failure to communicate.

Stellanti

Reaction score
That is good to know as I just tried that angle today as I had an open case since October and my salesman said back then that it was supposed to be built by 12/21. Yet they are still apparently picking parts for me and have been since September. So all I got today from US Customer Don’t Care is that they will put a “note” on my open case. Then they probably went back to laughing at me

I have also had an open case since October… having an open case does not mean that they are going to do anything proactive about anything… All it means is that if it ever moves they will notify you… the “note” that they leave on there will not even be looked at until there is forward motion on the build so it is in fact entirely meaningless. OP just happened to hit a stroke of luck, maybe dealer saw the post and did some pushing from their end. But an open case does not change build priority or anything like that.

kevin588127

Reaction score
This is what I did to my 2014 Tradesman. I bought the louvers about $50 back in 2015 (Ebay).

I agree that the sport package and NE trims look great, but I drive a lot of dirt roads and that paintwork is going to get destroyed on the front end.
It’s also pretty easy the scuff the rear bumper as you’re stepping in and out of the bed (tailgate closed).
This is after 6+ years. Chrome is much more bullet proof…..

6959455bdbb55ba97b619601e10e6c81.jpg

My 2014 is a twin to yours but my bumper is white where yours is black. The chrome didn't bother me as much on that body style but the new 2500s have too much IMHO. As for it being bullet proof, that hasn't been the case for mine. My rear bumper has several chips in the chrome that immediately started rusting. Also lots of rust on the back side of the bumpers. The only rust on my truck is on the bumpers as it doesn't see much winter action and gets washed frequently. I will say, the quality of the chrome on these new trucks appears to be much better than my 2014.

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
--CANADA BUILD WEEKLY UPDATEE--
Ram 3500 4x4 SRW MC Limited NE - Cummins HO - Air Suspension - Level 1 Group

BA - 12/20/21 (Initial Order Date)
BG - 1/4/22
BX - 1/13/22
BX - 1/20/22
BG - 1/27/22

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Yes, that is me. I entered my truck information before I officially signed up for the forum so my names don’t match.

Ok,wasn't sure, D and waiting.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Unfortunately it sounds like you were let down by a dealer who obviously does not know their product. Auto dimming headlights are available on the Big Horn trim level as part of the safety group package. I don’t see that package on your window sticker. If you asked for that package and it was not available at the time you ordered, they should have told you that. Strike one against them. If it was available and they failed to order it for you when the order was placed, strike two against them. Remote proximity (passive) keyless entry is not an available option on the big horn trim levels. “Remote keyless entry” (sales code GXM) and Remote proximity (passive) keyless entry (sales code GXD) are not the same option. GXM is standard on the big horn, GXD is not available on the big horn. If they did not explain the difference to you, strike three against them. Price protection has existed for years and most respectable and honest dealerships honor it and know what it is. If they don’t know, or won’t help you out there, strike four against them. As far as the cargo camera not working, that is definitely an issue as your equipment listing clearly defines that the center stop lamp and cargo camera are included in your build. This needs addressed, however given what I’ve stated above, I would recommend finding another dealer that is more aware of their product conduct the warranty work to get it working. In terms of the center section of the dually splash guards, they’re technically not included anymore and it seems that information was never put out to any dealers. It’s one of those internal decisions made by corporate that never makes it out to the sales team. They really can’t be blamed for that one. However, that being said, if you have a good dealer, they’ll work with you on that issue. There’s a set installed on my 2022 and it cost me nothing but a request to my salesman and a few days wait.

Really sorry about all of the above. Doesn’t sound like you were given good information at the time of order. Not trying to bash that particular dealer. Seems like a lack of proper knowledge of the product and failure to communicate.

Right on!

BMax94

Reaction score
Oh, boy. Another one that will eventually end up in the black hole of the Barnes rail yard (aka, the Pit of Dispair)...
Sounds like my truck is finally out of the Pit of Dispair and at the dealership. Likely won't be able to pick it up until the 8th, but at least it's no longer waiting for a ride. Portland still sucks, though.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I have also had an open case since October… having an open case does not mean that they are going to do anything proactive about anything… All it means is that if it ever moves they will notify you… the “note” that they leave on there will not even be looked at until there is forward motion on the build so it is in fact entirely meaningless. OP just happened to hit a stroke of luck, maybe dealer saw the post and did some pushing from their end. But an open case does not change build priority or anything like that.
Once again...

NCHorseHauler

Reaction score
Power folding mirror availability almost drove me back to Ford. The fit in my garage is going to be very tight and getting out to fold the passenger side would get old, especially in the rain. My new worry is the height. As measured at the brochure, I'll have about an inch. But then there's that little shark fin on top of the cab. I might have to take a well placed bite out of the header board on my garage door opening.
Just checking - power folding mirror doesn't seem to be available on Big Horn? TIA

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Right on!

Really saddens me to see some of these good people not getting the product they expected or wanted simply because someone lacked the info or didn’t care to do the right thing.

Maybe in my next life I could try my hand at selling HD trucks for Ram. Would love to have my own little Ram dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread