Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

vic s

Reaction score
Just got an update today. Just listed an estimated ship date of 1/23. Ordered: 11/29/21/VIN 3C6UR5TJXNG214951/2500 Limited HEMI/ Granite Crystal Metalic/4X4 Mega Cab/Limited Level 1 group/Night addition/auto level air suspension/sunroof/anti-spin differential.

Can someone please update tracking sheet. I tried but I could not figure it out.

jambram

Reaction score
Anyone hear of a 10 day limit for the transport company to deliver the truck to the dealer? Mines been waiting for 14 days and the dealer just keeps saying they only had 10. Hopefully shows up this week I guess.
Could be true, but mine was at the rail yard on 1/16 with a delivery date of 1/31-2/14 and that is outside 10 days.

jambram

Reaction score
Just got an update today. Just listed an estimated ship date of 1/23. Ordered: 11/29/21/VIN 3C6UR5TJXNG214951/2500 Limited HEMI/ Granite Crystal Metalic/4X4 Mega Cab/Limited Level 1 group/Night addition/auto level air suspension/sunroof/anti-spin differential.

Can someone please update tracking sheet. I tried but I could not figure it out.
Vic, hover over "submit your order here" and click the link. the rest should be self explanatory. Otherwise, @OfficerDirtySanchez will add you.
1642652443002.png

MT1

Reaction score
A lot of factors can come into play. Should not take that long. I am in OK and it took from the end of Dec to Yesterday (3 weeks or so). I had a wait at the rail yard due to needing a full load going to the dealership. I would bet in 3 weeks or so you should have your truck
Funny you mention that because that's what I'm dealing with. My truck is maybe 20 minutes away in a lot but they need to have enough vehicles to deliver to the dealership to take it there. Kinda ****ty but it makes sense.

Coonhound

Reaction score
Mine has been sitting in the rail yard about 6 miles from work for 7 days now. So far all I'm hearing from my salesman is his good intentions. I'm gonna be hot under the collar if we haven't signed papers by Saturday afternoon.

dkwagner

Reaction score
One more thing. You can disregard almost all of the info you get from Stellantis. That's also where your dealer gets it from so it's not their fault.

dynocompe

Reaction score
in the end, nothing our sales person can say that will make the truck come faster, they will all contact us when our trucks are in. Its just too bad we cant track the status online ourselves, would save the hassle of contacting them or Ram chat if you are American. With how often customer contact Ram Chat for updates on their trucks, you would think they would implement some sort of tracking system customers can view.

MrTaz

Reaction score
in the end, nothing our sales person can say that will make the truck come faster, they will all contact us when our trucks are in. Its just too bad we cant track the status online ourselves, would save the hassle of contacting them or Ram chat if you are American. With how often customer contact Ram Chat for updates on their trucks, you would think they would implement some sort of tracking system customers can view.
They use to have a tracking system about 8 years ago. I was able to track my 2014 Limited when I ordered it. Who knows what happened tp it. If I had to guess I would say it was overwhelmed and shut down or either it was a cost cutting decision.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score

Still D1, hopefully it's built soon.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Could be true, but mine was at the rail yard on 1/16 with a delivery date of 1/31-2/14 and that is outside 10 days.
No time limit, it's up to truck availability to haul it, some trucks have been held up due to damage, mine was 7 days, the trucking company was switched from one to another unannounced, many variables

Tradesman22

Reaction score
Today is my 5 month mark and it just made it to the rail yard in Winston Salem, NC earlier this week. Hoping to see it before the 6 month mark. Knowing that it’s just a few hours away makes this part of the wait the hardest! Also not knowing if it could be tomorrow or 30 days or longer from now…

kevin588127

Reaction score
For those of you ordering trucks, are you able to lock in your pricing at the time of order? All of my build quotes are saying that pricing is subject to change and I'm being given a 25-30 week tentative window of delivery. At what point is the pricing not subject to change. I'm not comfortable putting up a 1000 dollar non refundable deposit and not knowing what my final price will end up.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
For those of you ordering trucks, are you able to lock in your pricing at the time of order? All of my build quotes are saying that pricing is subject to change and I'm being given a 25-30 week tentative window of delivery. At what point is the pricing not subject to change. I'm not comfortable putting up a 1000 dollar non refundable deposit and not knowing what my final price will end up.

Probably a discussion you should have with your ordering dealer, however if they’re worth their salt and are honest, they’ll honor the price you agree upon when the POC is signed by both parties and the down payment is handed over. That’s how it worked with my dealer when I ordered, and that’s how a lot of the dealers are doing it. If they don’t want to agree to honor a price, you can bring up the topic of “price protection” through FCA / Stellantis however it seems that’s a hit or miss discussion. My advice: talk to the dealer and if they agree, get it in writing, and place the order. If they seem sketchy or uncomfortable then it might behoove you to find another dealer. Lots of dealers out there right now selling trucks for agreed price and honoring it, AND giving incredible deals like 4-5% under INVOICE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMax94

Reaction score
Mine has been sitting in the rail yard about 6 miles from work for 7 days now. So far all I'm hearing from my salesman is his good intentions. I'm gonna be hot under the collar if we haven't signed papers by Saturday afternoon.
Welcome to the Barnes black hole. You're in good company.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Probably a discussion you should have with your ordering dealer, however if they’re worth their salt and are honest, they’ll honor the price you agree upon when the POC is signed by both parties and the down payment is handed over. That’s how it worked with my dealer when I ordered, and that’s how a lot of the dealers are doing it. If they don’t want to agree to honor a price, you can bring up the topic of “price protection” through FCA / Stellantis however it seems that’s a hit or miss discussion. My advice: talk to the dealer and if they agree, get it in writing, and place the order. If they seem sketchy or uncomfortable then it might behoove you to find another dealer. Lots of dealers out there right now selling trucks for agreed price and honoring it, AND giving incredible deals like 4-5% under INVOICE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. I intend to get it in writing. As of now I am dealing with well known volume dealers but I've never ordered a vehicle before. I am getting quotes with great pricing that you mentioned. All quotes I've received have that clause at the bottom that reads " this is not an invoice..... Orders are accepted when vehicle is shipped by the factory" . If I can't get something in writing saying they will honor quotes prices, I'm out. I was just wondering if others are actually locking in their quotes prices.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I intend to get it in writing. As of now I am dealing with well known volume dealers but I've never ordered a vehicle before. I am getting quotes with great pricing that you mentioned. All quotes I've received have that clause at the bottom that reads " this is not an invoice..... Orders are accepted when vehicle is shipped by the factory" . If I can't get something in writing saying they will honor quotes prices, I'm out. I was just wondering if others are actually locking in their quotes prices.

it’s been discussed on here that some dealers don’t even know that they can lock the price in…and if you are the one to tell them about It, chances are they won‘t know how to do it

Users who are viewing this thread