Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Grey65

Reaction score
I'm shocked, disappointed and mad. So got a quote on Fri from Mark Dodge, had to do some tweaking because of price got back to her on Monday and she didn't get back to me til Tues but supposedly over the weekend my truck that she had quoted me went up over $1000 from mfg I guess. We were already at the top of our budget so we are not going to go thru with it unless they'll honor our fri price. So very sad.
Forgive me but it appears you are saying you got a quote on Friday.. But it wasn't exactly to your liking (either because price was higher than you thought it would be or you decided to get different options for whatever reason) and you did not lock in that price on Friday. On Monday you sent in a new request for a quote different than the one you got a price on on Friday and you didn't like the new price because they told you the factory raised the pricing over the weekend? Pricing on cars changes all the time, has always been this way.. You can go on any lot and see two cars/trucks optioned exactly the same way and their stickers will probably not match...

I feel for you... But you got a quote on Friday.. you didn't lock it on Friday... You asked for a new quote on Monday and were told the pricing had gone up... You think Mark Dodge should eat the price difference because you didn't lock the pricing in on Friday?

This is no different than going to Home Depot on Friday and they have a saw for sale for $99. and you leave the store without buying it.. You think about it over the weekend and return on Monday and see the price is now $149 and you tell them it was $99 last Friday and you will not buy it on Monday unless they agree to sell it to you for last Fridays price?

scottagreen80

Reaction score
I'm adding power fold to my 2022 BigHorn that is due in a couple of weeks .....

ItemPart #QuantityAmountStatusETA
Window Switch68262252AC1$123.61 CAD-
Door Module Right68374090AG1$105.41 CAD-
Door Module Left68374091AG1$105.41 CAD-
Mirror Assembly68381774AD1$457.87 CAD-
MIRROR68462855AA1$457.87 CAD-
Subtotal
$1,250.17 CAD
Shipping (FedEx Ground)
$42.56 CAD
Total
$1,460.78 CAD
6SM474x9AF door panel if your adding power convex -- $550 plus shipping

ClawSS

Reaction score
I'm shocked, disappointed and mad. So got a quote on Fri from Mark Dodge, had to do some tweaking because of price got back to her on Monday and she didn't get back to me til Tues but supposedly over the weekend my truck that she had quoted me went up over $1000 from mfg I guess. We were already at the top of our budget so we are not going to go thru with it unless they'll honor our fri price. So very sad.
Bird in the hand syndrome. Can lead to a "WIN" or buyers remorse or a real "LOSS".

OuterUB

Reaction score
6SM474x9AF door panel if your adding power convex -- $550 plus shipping
Thanks for that info my friend. That's a lot of cash for something that I will probably only set once (more or less). I'm just looking to add the power fold. Mirrors we available with marker lights, puddle lights etc....

Basser53

Reaction score
The manufacturer did raise the price. It's not your dealer.. the price mark dodge is giving is unbeatable I think. I get ep and I think some of the people on here are getting a better price then I can get.not sure how there doing it. just fyi..

nomoss

Reaction score
Feel for your salesperson. I make sure to tell people right away that this is the price TODAY ONLY as prices may change.
Had a guy trying to pinch every penny for months. Finally got a build exactly the way he wanted it but he didn't sign because he wanted to think about a $155 option. Next day the price for two different options went up, the bonus cash went away and supplier pricing was dropped. It's always fun telling someone their price went up $8000.

OuterUB

Reaction score
Feel for your salesperson. I make sure to tell people right away that this is the price TODAY ONLY as prices may change.
Had a guy trying to pinch every penny for months. Finally got a build exactly the way he wanted it but he didn't sign because he wanted to think about a $155 option. Next day the price for two different options went up, the bonus cash went away and supplier pricing was dropped. It's always fun telling someone their price went up $8000.
You snooze you lose.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
My truck is at the dealership! It arrived at the dealership when I was out of town. I will go pick it up on Friday. I am super excited! Ceramic window tinting on Saturday and the Brush Guard on Monday. I have the nurf bars from my 2020 that I will install myself. It's long 5 months but so ready to be driving my truck again. The salesman sent me a few pics but they were not the best. I will post some pics when I take delivery of my truck

PapaJoe

Reaction score
I can relate as a loan originator... had a few clients tell me in last couple months of 2021 that they were going to wait for rates to go down. They don't hear me.. but in my head I am ROFLMO

ACEd

Reaction score
Sorry for your dilemma - but prices go up -- s*** happens. If you did not place order, price is not fixed - its NOT the Dealer or Salesman's fault if MSRP or Invoice goes up before you place order.

I had a deposit on a 3500 at MSRP and when I was leaving house to pick it up, I got a call from salesman saying it was sold out from under me - that one was on the dealer / salesman.

I had a different truck in transit quoted at MSRP and when it got in, Dealer added $5000 market adjustment - Sales person said come on in (3 hr drive) and MAYBE you can negotiate with Sales Manager. - again on the dealer.

15 years ago, I drove an F250 locally and a day later was told it was sold - later found same truck new on dealer's lot 50 miles away - again on the Dealer but also on ME for not buying when I drove it.

As someone else said, Mark Dodge is about as low as you will get and they have been good to deal with. Dont shoot the messenger - Maybe delete an option or two.

Best, Ed

Dgprints

Reaction score
I just got the congratulations email from Ram again about my truck purchase. It’s the same one I got when it went to D1. This is the third time that I have gotten it actually. Now I’m nervous that something has changed.

Brv10. When you get a chance will you check my status to see if the build date of 1/26 that I was given has changed?

3C6UR5TL4NG208483

boojimdi

Reaction score
For those that have older orders still sitting out there, how often do you pester your salesperson? I’m coming up on my 7 month orderversary and I have a rapid email exchange with him once a month currently and it feels like that annoys him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going on 18 weeks and I stop in the dealer, in person so he can see that I'm human, every 2 weeks, I do "Ramchat" every 5 days and check the vin on the Ram site for an equipment list every week. My salesman from the beginning said "Do not hesitate to ask about your order" and I told him I would be in every 2 weeks and he was fine with that, I even brought him donuts the day before Christmas Eve. These guys get a hefty commission and if you had bought a vehicle off the lot they would have devoted over an hour to the sale so bugging them 10 - 15 minutes every 2 weeks is a gift for them.

xcountry1582

Reaction score
I just found that not only did the prices of the HD's go up over the weekend, the prices of the Durango's went up as well. 2 identical vehicles, 1 manufactured on 1/13, 1 manufactured on 1/17. Almost $2000 difference. Change in prices in both base and add-ons.

Stellanti

Reaction score
For those that have older orders still sitting out there, how often do you pester your salesperson? I’m coming up on my 7 month orderversary and I have a rapid email exchange with him once a month currently and it feels like that annoys him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At my 6 month orderversary I have been progressively contacting more the longer this goes on,1 time in the first 3 months, then once in month 4, twice in month 5 and 5 times here in month 6 as I’m getting more frustrated with “I don’t know” as an answer for everything. Looks very much like it’s going to take Ram longer to build this truck than it takes humans to create another human… literally racing this truck against my child and pretty sure the kids going to win

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ask him if he has a problem with the frequency of your inquiries about your truck order and then tell him to keep in mind the Chrysler Survey that you will get concerning him before he answers. That will change his tune. I mentioned survey to my salesman when I requested an weekly update and I started getting updates twice a week instead of once a week.

Weeks later after talking to my salesman, he told me that if a salesman where he works gets a bad survey. There is no reprimand, they get canned.
Stellantis places a lot on the dealer survey for payment, the dealer will take it out on the salesman.

OuterUB

Reaction score
Stellantis places a lot on the dealer survey for payment, the dealer will take it out on the salesman.
Years ago when I was waiting on delivery of my 2013 Ram 1500, I got in the habit of calling the sales guy once a week on Friday for an update. On one of those occasions he called me back because I had left him a voicemail and my son picked up the phone. The guy said "tell your dad I'll call him when the truck gets here, thanks." I call the sales manager the next morning after cooling off and suggest that, while I didn't want the guy fired or anything like that, that it probably wasn't a good idea to tell somebody who's spending $70,000 on a vehicle that they're being annoying with a once-a-week phone call. A week later I found out that the guy had gone to another dealership out in the county. Felt kind of bad but at the same time guys like that cost a dealership customers.

Users who are viewing this thread