Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Dgprints

Reaction score
Does anyone here know of a GMC dealer like Mark Dodge that is good with orders? We rented a Yukon Denali to take a family vacation in and my wife fell in love. We have been putting it off for a while since I ordered an $80k truck but I hear there are more MSRP increases coming and some rate hikes so we figure we better do it now.

scottagreen80

Reaction score
Here's the route I pieced together for the route from Saltillo to Memphis, based upon calling the UP and CSX 1-800 numbers with the rail car number. My 6/21 order departed Saltillo on 1/10 or 1/11 and arrived in Memphis at 2:43 AM on 1/16 It spent a day in San Antonio, TX and a day in Little Rock, AR. Delivery is estimated 1/31-2/14.

View attachment 30141
H
Waiting on mine to hit Louisville Ky from Nashville TN.

Bigkeeper

Reaction score
Here's a thread to discuss your new 2022 Truck orders.

Please stay on topic. Excessive OT discussions may be moved to an existing, new thread, or deleted.

I am no fan of the current administration but political commentary in this thread will not be tolerated. Stick to discussing orders.

Get your build code updates from your selling dealer (best) or RamChat.
  • 2022 Build and Price: Site is now online (October 21)Nobody knows when the web site will be updated

Due to complaints and until further notice, dealers now need to create a new thread for their dealership if they wish to conduct business in the forums.

Please don't poach in the Sticky Builds and Orders discussion threads. Dealers may create one post here with a link to their thread if desired. Answering member questions on options is OK but don't discuss your private deals here in this thread.

Dealers are required to contact site staff before conducting business ("Advertising") in the forums. TOS and Site Rules have not changed but have been clarified.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Resources: Build Codes, links to build sheet, Monroney (window sticker), etc.

Member @OfficerDirtySanchez has created a Crowd Sourced Order tracking document if you wish to participate. HE maintains the data, not the admin or staff @HDRAMS.COM

Please carry on conversations related to that document in that thread.

Jimmy07 details Camera options here:

On the long way home from Louisiana to Washington Regular Cab long box Hemi getting close to 19 very respectable the 6.4 and 8 speed are a great marriage

Attachments

• C4877684-FF7D-4084-AF71-58BD94388E8E.jpeg
    C4877684-FF7D-4084-AF71-58BD94388E8E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44

rw4363

Reaction score
Anyone else hear anything about a recent price increase? My brother (not a member here yet) just ordered a Laramie on friday, put his deposit down Friday as well, and then they called him back yesterday and said there was a price increase and raised him $1200 over his initial price. They said the price wasn't protected until FCA accepts the order. I told him I'd check around here, but it seems a little disingenuous to raise the price after taking the deposit. Does he have any recourse? Is this typical? Not the same experience I had with my dealer
I have seen some on here where the dealer honored the original POC. My POC has gone up $940 from the original back in November. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the POC's that states they are not firm prices and are subject to change or correction without prior notice. I will hash it out with my dealer when the truck arrives.
1642536578940.png

MrTaz

Reaction score
How does it compare to the larmie.. from the pics it looks the same? I have a limited ordered and trading in a laramie is why I ask..
I think the color is about the same, just different quality of material. I had a 2017 Laramie 2500 for four years and the interior of it was about the same color as well.

fastfreddy

Reaction score
For my understanding...
What are "usable desirable features of the Ram Connect"?

I mean unless it explicitly has to do with the vehicle itself, I use my phone and CarPlay apps.
Never saw a unique value proposition in UConnect myself that I couldn't get for free on my phone.
Are there features therein that I am unaware of?
The features I use are the lock/unlock and remote start.

ACEd

Reaction score
I think I am the original poster regarding the manual.
Thanks to all of you guys and a couple friends I have that I found the dealer (who just called me and confirmed) was mistaken and the manual comes with the truck.
But that being said he did confirm that the usable desirable features of the Ram Connect app is subscription based. I of course already confirmed that. How petty to charge for the usable features of the app. They also will spam your email with offers and it appears you can’t opt out. $70/year!
The Ram Connect was always a subscription - at least on my 2015 Limited - the only difference was they gave you a year free.
As to Opt Out, I am confused - as far as I can tell you dont have to give them a credit card to activate your trial so you would have to opt in and provide credit card info before they could charge you if you wanted to opt out.
And pretty much all the special feature connections beginning with OnStar, SiriusXM, etc. have been paid subscription after a free period (which keeps shrinking) - thats the current business model perpetual money stream in after fixed expense - no significant ongoing costs - just free money. Its not unique to RAM or to cars - look at Microsoft services.

HDnick10

Reaction score
NG196655 is Delivered! Truck is great and dealer was also great. I will do a summary of experience post later but I know y’all want to see it now!

Attachments

• FA634407-D266-4FBD-88FD-BF19303F8567.jpeg
    FA634407-D266-4FBD-88FD-BF19303F8567.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 84
  • E62F1A49-8955-4071-9ED0-5FF59EB1F089.jpeg
    E62F1A49-8955-4071-9ED0-5FF59EB1F089.jpeg
    704.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 44314322-DF3F-4F3D-8E84-EACCB62A4409.jpeg
    44314322-DF3F-4F3D-8E84-EACCB62A4409.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 84

ACEd

Reaction score
Here is some interior shots. In some places the sun is shining on the leather and some places it isn't. If anything the interior may be slightly darker than the photos. Needless to say the interior is not Black. Charcoal Grey is a more accurate description. Talking about false advertising... The photos were taken with a iPhone 12 Pro Max.View attachment 30312View attachment 30313View attachment 30314View attachment 30315View attachment 30316View attachment 30318View attachment 30319
Looks pretty much same as my 2015 Limited.

ACEd

Reaction score
Yep, I got a quote from Mark Dodge for a Laramie on friday. Decided to pull the trigger today and got a call that MSRP went up, so they sent me a new quote. Not real happy but I hadn't put a deposit down or anything though, so I didn't try to fight it. Not sure your brother can do anything other than threaten to ask for deposit back since order hasn't been accepted?
Place your orders Ladies and Gentlemen - cost has no where to go but UP.

Raw Materials UP, Parts UP, Labor UP, Fuel UP, Transportation UP, Wages up (joke?): - 7% Inflation. (7% of $80k is $5600)

MrTaz

Reaction score
Place your orders Ladies and Gentlemen - cost has no where to go but UP.

Raw Materials UP, Parts UP, Labor UP, Fuel UP, Transportation UP, Wages up (joke?): - 7% Inflation. (7% of $80k is $5600)
Look on the bright side. It makes the trucks already in circulation more valuable. Kind of like home values.

Basser53

Reaction score
Just checked mine on through corperate and ya went up around 1200 since sun when I last checked it..

tyler2you

Reaction score
Does anyone here know of a GMC dealer like Mark Dodge that is good with orders? We rented a Yukon Denali to take a family vacation in and my wife fell in love. We have been putting it off for a while since I ordered an $80k truck but I hear there are more MSRP increases coming and some rate hikes so we figure we better do it now.

Might want to take a look at the latest Consumer Reports if you trust their ratings. They gave the Yukon an overall 39 rating and a 2 out of 100 for reliability. I don't remember ever seeing a reliability rating quite that low. Major engine, transmission, and drivetrain issues.

In the large SUV category, Expedition and Sequoia were the only 2 recommended with a decent rating. The Wagoneer was still in test, so no rating on the new model yet. That Grand Wagoneer is one fine vehicle if you haven't seen it yet.

Or, if you believe like many that CR has lost their way, then ignore this post . . .

Familyman7280

Reaction score
3C6UR5FJ2NG213045, ordered on 11/24. Got my equipment listing on 1/10 but didn't get my window sticker yet.
1/24-2/2 arrival date at dealer
You roughly have about the same deal as me, except I have my window sticker, but your eta to dealership is about the same as mine.

Shootist

Reaction score
My truck arrived at dealer today. Windshield has a crack emanating from under molding at base of windshield extending up and breaking into two cracks. About 10 inches in length. The driver that delivered stated he had never seen one do this. There was no visible impacts of any kind on the glass. I was also surprised at the amount ash like material in the carpets front and back. Door panels were also dirty. Maybe it had riders in it during the train ride.

Fully81

Reaction score
You roughly have about the same deal as me, except I have my window sticker, but your eta to dealership is about the same as mine.
I got my window sticker last Friday finally and dealer said it is in Oklahoma City as of today. Needs to make it to Chicago and then to northern Wisconsin. So timeframe should be pretty close without any holdups

Users who are viewing this thread