Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

jambram

Reaction score
To add to post# 1048 (tracking the train) I found the number for NS - Norfolk Southern Railroad which evidently comes to the Northeast. So reposting with the additional information....NS worked for me today!

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

NS Norfolk Southern
1. Call 800-635-5768
2. Press 2.
3. Press 2.
4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849
5. Enter the numbers then press #. It wasn't taking my voice prompts but typing worked.
@Firewall Did you mean 800.272.8777 as the second UP number? That is the number I have been using.

Firewall

Reaction score
@jambram That number is copied from the post on page 1048, I'm not sure which one is correct but if the one you posted works for you I guess stick with it! :)

dperry149

Reaction score
I have noticed that most of the members vehicles that sustained damage has been primarily to the bumper area. This leads me to believe they are being towed off the railcar due to being caught up in the missing key fob business that is going on.

On the rear bumper the circular contact marks look like they are from the tow hooks of the vehicle being towed and the front bumper appears like it came in contact with the hitch receiver of the vehicle pulling it.

Since I haven't witnessed how they did things can't say for sure but, they are definitely being pushed into those parking slots.
like I said. I would tell them to keep it. if it was towed/dragged off. That has to do wonders for the transmission and engine.

MrTaz

Reaction score
We are talking about the same thing. Those switches are wired to a harness in the engine bay, really close to the firewall.
Go to 4:14 in this video.
Nice but I would have run the wire through a corrugated wire loom the whole length of the wire. No matter how thick the insulation is eventually it will be rubbed bare and short out.

Texasram1

Reaction score
Nice but I would have run the wire through a corrugated wire loom the whole length of the wire. No matter how thick the insulation is eventually it will be rubbed bare and short out.
Agreed.
And just for clarity, thats not me in the video lol

40j

Reaction score
Canadian order here. I order a ram 3500 bighorn back in Oct 21 2021 I haven't really bugged the dealer about the Vin so I can't add to the spread sheet just yet.
I did have a voice mail from him last night my truck should be in by the end of the month which from what I read is really fast for Canadian orders.Screenshot_20220115-110841_Messages.jpg

b307a1

Reaction score
I assume trucks are locked during transit - how do you even get in without keyfob to use steering and brakes?

And again looking at pictures of damaged truck it looks more like a lot of force (and maybe frustration / anger) was used instead of any finesse. I would not want that truck even at a deep discount.
I don't know how they do it today but, the keys were always left in the vehicle unlocked.

As far as the damage is concerned when the vehicle reaches the unloading ramp it goes down to ground level . The lower level is about 4 feet above the ground and the upper is about 12. When you pull that amount of weight with weak brakes down that incline there is a good chance that the towed vehicle will end up against the bumper of the one that is pulling it.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
The one I ordered is the one that cost 995$, I belive its the extra camera for the back of a trailer like a camper.. I don't have a camper ..its call trailer surround view camera its towards the bottom of the build page on ther website..
That’s the surround set. There are 4 cameras in that set.

BroGo

Reaction score
3500 Laramie MegaCab

Ordered - June 17
Arrived in Port Allen, LA - Nov. 11 (missing key fobs)
Arrived at Mark Dodge - Jan. 11 (no damage other than original fobs missing)

Missing fobs took around 2 months to correct and that was with Mark Dodge putting the full court press on Ram/Stellantis and making magic happen. Replacement fobs were coming into Port Allen a few vehicles worth at a time so short supply of those might be a thing or just not enough work force left to handle such things. I should be flying down and driving it back to MT in a couple weeks.

View attachment 30066

Waiting 2 months knowing the truck is done and just sitting there without key fobs is just painful!! Glad you finally got your truck. Hopefully they do something for you for the hassle; maybe a discount on accessories or something…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shootist

Reaction score
To add to post# 1048 (tracking the train) I found the number for NS - Norfolk Southern Railroad which evidently comes to the Northeast. So reposting with the additional information....NS worked for me today!

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

NS Norfolk Southern
1. Call 800-635-5768
2. Press 2.
3. Press 2.
4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849
5. Enter the numbers then press #. It wasn't taking my voice prompts but typing worked.
How do you guys find out the rail car number? My dealer says he doesn't get that info.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
The tow mode camera system XH7 is the CHMSL rear looking camera (not the cargo camera) , trailer camera, the 50’ cable and the digital rear view mirror all in one package for $995.

The digital real view mirror and CHMSL camera are one package.

The trailer camera and 50’ cable is another and is like $450 I think. But you need the digital rear view mirror for it to work.
I was a little quick with my previous answer. There’s multiple ways to add the tow cameras with different packages, so you might have gotten the single camera that shows up on the digital rear view.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I don't know how they do it today but, the keys were always left in the vehicle unlocked.

As far as the damage is concerned when the vehicle reaches the unloading ramp it goes down to ground level . The lower level is about 4 feet above the ground and the upper is about 12. When you pull that amount of weight with weak brakes down that incline there is a good chance that the towed vehicle will end up against the bumper of the one that is pulling it.
It just takes a big foot, the steering is the hard part, and the park pawl IF they are yanking them.

Users who are viewing this thread