Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
View attachment 29952View attachment 29953View attachment 29954My dealer was right when he said they had pull with the transport company once unloaded from the train! Truck showed up at the dealer today. I went down to take a couple of pics. They are doing window tint and swapping the wheels / tires out this weekend for a set of 20” NE wheels (until my 35’s get here). Will pick it up Monday when I get back into town. Ordered May 07. Long time coming, but looks awesome!
View attachment 29955
Very happy to see your truck come in - lots of us have been hoping to see the May trucks in Buyers hands

223500DRW

Reaction score
out of curiosity what were you guys seeing time wise for ram to start building you truck once all parts were accounted for and they were scheduling you for build shortly? my salesman has not got back to me with any updates and i will not pester him either. I told him all parts have been acquired and now i am just waiting for word on dates.

sconym

Reaction score
@sconym Nice truck, congratulations! What's in the back seat - floor mats?

Floor mats, trailer TPMS sensors, hitch adapter, cold weather package stuff and camera wiring I guess???? He said there was some trailer camera wiring there along with the connectors in the bed and on the bumper, but I didn't think I ordered trailer camera unless it came as part of one of the packages. I ordered very early before they made changes to the package offerings. Will know more on Monday when I pick it up I guess!

Stellanti

Reaction score
I have read this thread from the beginning and have observed that there may be allot of very impatient folks. Of course my dealer told me probably 8-9 weeks they are in the business of selling autos. If you do a google search for Ram order to delivery times it clearly states:

Ram 2500 HD PickupSaltillo, Mexico22-26 weeks
Ram 3500 HD PickupSaltillo, Mexico22-26 weeks

Sure it is frustrating to see some move faster than others and some very long lead times on some. I ordered mine on Nov 1st and have contacted Ram Chat to get the same responses as others. One thing I have noticed is the responses are the same word for word. It's not the rep typing each response. If you order and cancel then there may be other issues as well. If you cancel out of frustration then settle for something else buyer beware. I am prepared to wait till my order arrives as I ordered and then I will replace my 23 year old 3500 that has been an exceptional performer for me.
Except those are not the numbers that were there when we ordered either… what you are looking at for lead times there was not revised until October 8th 2021. Most vehicles with long lead time issues were ordered when that lead time was 12-14 weeks aug 9th- oct. 8th. And are now sitting in D status at 23 weeks out meaning there is still the wait to get built plus shipping challenges etc. that persist meaning many orders will still end up far beyond the donlen& napelton fleet order estimates. And yes Ram chat is a 3rd party salesforce group with very limited information and primarily just a set of copy paste answers.

J-J

Reaction score
My dealer estimated 12-16 weeks as "probable" when I placed order in September. Actual was just over 10 weeks but I consider myself very lucky. But a lot of trucks seem to be in the 12-16 week area these days - at least before the Christmas-Newyears (or whenever it was) 7-10 day shutdown

Assume 22-26 weeks and you probably will not be unhappy unless you started the count in May 4 months before production started. Lucky ones (probably majority) will be under 16 weeks.

Any dealer that quoted less than 12-16 weeks as "probable" should be shot, and if that was before production started in August he should be shot twice and banned for life..
I'm at 18 weeks and zero anything! It's not nice being lost in number hell.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Familyman7280

Reaction score
Mine moved up a day a week before it got unloaded from the railcar, and the truck arrived at the dealership the very first day of the window. I hope you get your truck soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered my truck in Nov and it is set to arrive between the 17th and the 31st of this month. It is only a couple of hours away from me now in Ala. after seeing all of the threads of people waiting 6 months or more, I kind of feel blessed.

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank all of the contributors on this forum for sharing info and for giving so much great advice and guidance on how to land an awesome deal. I never could've done this without the knowledge I gained here. I ordered what you see in the attachments on Oct 21 and just found out that as of 2 days ago my truck is on the train headed to the port of Louisiana with an ETA of 1/20, so let's see. I'm told it takes ~2 weeks to get it out of the port and over to Mark Dodge. I got 11% off MSRP from Sandi at Mark Dodge. My price was $57,668 + $425 docs + 19 temp tag & notary. I'm in Homestead, FL, Miami-Dade County, so trying to buy a truck like this here locally is significantly more expensive, at minimum $10K more, and I would not have been able to get all of my must haves under one hood. I'm truly grateful that I found this forum and you fellas and your banter have been entertaining along the way.
I too shopped in the Miami-Dade, Homestead area and then thankfully found this forum… also ordered from Sandi… Extremely smooth process… mine took 8 days to get to MD once the train arrived at Port Allen…

Jmar

Reaction score
I’m in KZM from the 5th and on a rail car but I think it’s not on the move yet . This is what the dealer sent me. I would just like to know it’s on the move.

Attachments

• 3845B01A-859C-41CC-ACFA-74DE65236B5E.jpeg
    3845B01A-859C-41CC-ACFA-74DE65236B5E.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 45

Familyman7280

Reaction score
I'm at 18 weeks and zero anything! It's not nice being lost in number hell.

My dealer told me that the TRX trucks are taking quite a bit longer than the 2500/3500 HD models.

Reactions: J-J

WI-RAM

Reaction score
Does this mean that they assist with getting license plates as well? Just want to be prepared as well. Thanks all. You guys are awesome.
They should, I did some research and in WI it should be about $340 for title and registration (I got personalized plates) + $299 service fee from dealer for processing the paperwork. Dealer tells me that’s the only add on. I’m not buying extended warranty at this time. Maybe down the road, we shall see. Take your trucks price X 1.0625 to calculate price with sales tax and add in the title/registration.
I’ll hopefully be taking delivery next week and I can give a full and complete report then.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Why is there such a high amount of damaged trucks going to the Baltimore area, from what I have seen there is about a 50/50 chanc of damage, odd!
Did you see how fast they drive the vehicles through the train? Ridiculous how fast they’re going in narrow space like a train. And after they take out a few quarter panels and mirrors, don’t think for one second they run to their supervisor and say, “hefe, I trashed a truck or five.” Oh and I forgot to include the key fobs.

Last edited:

AmmoRAD

Reaction score
Okay thank you. I have a 6/25 with same options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will be gald to see you get a build list then. Same options on a 4 August build. Only 6 other trucks on this list between you and me that don't have equipment lists yet.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry
They’re joking around. For the past 23,000+ posts we’ve all been laughing and venting regarding the ridiculously poor information Ram Crap spews out. Lots of folks had their trucks in their driveway and Ram Crap would send them an email saying congratulations your truck is shipping soon.

J-J

Reaction score
My dealer told me that the TRX trucks are taking quite a bit longer than the 2500/3500 HD models.
I could have already picked up 2 TRX locally.. I'm getting tired of the excuses.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
View attachment 29952View attachment 29953View attachment 29954My dealer was right when he said they had pull with the transport company once unloaded from the train! Truck showed up at the dealer today. I went down to take a couple of pics. They are doing window tint and swapping the wheels / tires out this weekend for a set of 20” NE wheels (until my 35’s get here). Will pick it up Monday when I get back into town. Ordered May 07. Long time coming, but looks awesome!
View attachment 29955
Nooooo! You finally got your truck! I figured you weren’t ever getting your truck. I actually called them for you and told them that you were enjoying the wait so much they should hold onto it for a few more years. Damn dealers never listen.

Congratulations!

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
out of curiosity what were you guys seeing time wise for ram to start building you truck once all parts were accounted for and they were scheduling you for build shortly? my salesman has not got back to me with any updates and i will not pester him either. I told him all parts have been acquired and now i am just waiting for word on dates.
Probably about a month. At least that‘s the way it was a while back. Seems things are going faster now.

Users who are viewing this thread