Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Shootist

Reaction score
In theory and per online tracking, my truck is sitting in Eagle Pass waiting on a hookup into Memphis, TN by 1/17. @Shootist , it is possible that our 2500 Limited's were train buddies.
My dealer told me today that the train has been moved back till the 18th. 6:44 am in Centreville. They may separate the cars down the line. IDK

Ramcat

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what do the shops do between the trucks being unloaded and when we drive them off the lot? My understanding is they do an inspection, but what is included in that and how long does it take for them to complete?
The do a PDI which doesn’t take long. Maybe 30 min? But I’m having them flip the tires so I don’t have to look at white letters on a blacked out truck. Silly that they ship night editions like that.

DelRed22

Reaction score
Picked up mine on Monday after 8 long months!

Nice truck! I ordered something similar. Just for my sanity, can you tell me when you ordered and if you have any of the following:

Sunroof
TTPMS
Blind spot monitoring
HO Engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Why is there such a high amount of damaged trucks going to the Baltimore area, from what I have seen there is about a 50/50 chanc of damage, odd!

Must be some rough seas out there. Maybe they just park the truck and walk away and don’t bother anchoring it down?

Texasram1

Reaction score
Does this mean that they assist with getting license plates as well? Just want to be prepared as well. Thanks all. You guys are awesome.
Yes, i believe they handle it all less the TX inspection. If you want personalized plates, you will likely have to handle that directly with the dmv

ACEd

Reaction score
Does anyone here that ordered from MD how much taxes did you pay if you live in Texas I already ordered my truck back in September and it’s in D1 status according to the dealer it will probably ship sometime in late January and I wanted to account for the extra money that I have to add to the truck price when I buy it from them I know some people that paid like $400 on top of their truck price because they live in Florida and Florida has different tax brackets than Texas I’m just trying to figure out how much I need to account for the taxes and paperwork fees or DMV fees any help with would be appreciated thank you
If Louisiana is like most states, you should pay no Louisiana taxes, but maybe a fee for Temporary tag. Taxes collected are for state vehicle is registered in.

Dealer should be able to get correct tax info for your location if you provide City, County, State, ZIP code (and depending on where you live whether you are inside or outside of city limits) and in my experience they collect at time of purchase and forward to your state. State will then refund you or send you bill if there is an error in calculation (waiting to get mine straightened out as anything over 10,000 lb weight class is considered Commercial Vehicle and dealer apparently messed up calculation on my 3500). Not worried, just a bit of inconvenience - had outside of city limit (less taxes) problem happen on truck I bought in Tx and state OMV refunded me a few bucks).

I think there is a $400 (may have been $200 on early orders) processing fee associated with title and registration. This is not a state fee.

Last edited:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Must be some rough seas out there. Maybe they just park the truck and walk away and don’t bother anchoring it down?

Some are by train, must be a tuff hood over there!

Coonhound

Reaction score
To regurgitate what others have said and add something:

Dealers are penalized for cancelled orders. Makes em look bad.

Fiat/Ram whatever, is suspicious of dealers making up fake orders that suddenly "cancelled", just to get more inventory on the lot (according to my salesman).

b307a1

Reaction score
View attachment 29922Well the eagle has landed. My sales guy sent a video of it being unloaded. May be able to pick it up tonight if they can get it through the shop. I’m damn excited. So far the experience has been ok. Sucks waiting but not terrible. The dealer has been great. I hope it finishes smooth too. Here is a crappy pic from the video.

Order: 10/21
Vin: 10/25
D1: 11/30
Ship: 12/17
It may be a crappy pic but it sure looks good.....Congrats!

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
To regurgitate what others have said and add something:

Dealers are penalized for cancelled orders. Makes em look bad.

Fiat/Ram whatever, is suspicious of dealers making up fake orders that suddenly "cancelled", just to get more inventory on the lot (according to my salesman).
To rehash an old argument… did we ever decide whether sold orders come off their allocation? If so, why would it matter if they’re ordering a truck as a sold order? It would have no bearing on the total number of units they get. Can’t see them getting penalized if they’re getting the same # of units regardless!

tyler2you

Reaction score
To rehash an old argument… did we ever decide whether sold orders come off their allocation? If so, why would it matter if they’re ordering a truck as a sold order? It would have no bearing on the total number of units they get. Can’t see them getting penalized if they’re getting the same # of units regardless!

The way I've seen it explained is that sold orders do not affect their allocation. So, a game some dealers apparently play to increase their inventory is to put in sold orders and then claim that they were cancelled. Ram has tried to discourage this by forcing dealers to hold sold orders that were cancelled for 30 days after delivery. I believe one of the dealers posted here that they can also be put on an ordering "time out" if they have a certain number of cancelled orders. Hence why they are requiring non-refundable deposits.

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
The way I've seen it explained is that sold orders do not affect their allocation. So, a game some dealers apparently play to increase their inventory is to put in sold orders and then claim that they were cancelled. Ram has tried to discourage this by forcing dealers to hold sold orders that were cancelled for 30 days after delivery. I believe one of the dealers posted here that they can also be put on an ordering "time out" if they have a certain number of cancelled orders. Hence why they are requiring non-refundable deposits.
That makes sense! That’s also the reason dealers are more willing to deal in Sold orders… it’s a bonus truck.

rwac007

Reaction score
I bet there isn't anything to tell what the dealer allocation setup is there? I specifically asked if my dealer had allocation for my order 4 months ago and they said yeah sure. Now I seen other new vins on the lot with zero news of mine moving at all.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Yes first dealer I went to had no allocations and told me said I would have to pay 10,000 over msrp called around found one local that had allocations and nothing over msrp.

BroGo

Reaction score
How long did you guys wait for your order? Mine was ordered on 9/10/2021, so 17 weeks and 5 days. Dealer says it’s still in “d” status, no updates and no ship/delivery date. Does this sound right?

I ordered 11/16 and went D1 on 12/15 with an Estimated Ship Date of 1/18. We’ll see next week if that 1/18 date holds true

Users who are viewing this thread