Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

MrTaz

Reaction score
'solves' one problem, but causes others. i dont want the 12" screen and i DO want night edition. longhorn no night and limited no 8.4" screen. hate the climate controls on a touch screen on my19 2500 with the 12" uconnect.

ACEd- yes ram site. on my 2019 the laramie level b group (or whatever they call the $4k option package) included BSM/CPM. no longer the case.
The climate controls are on the touch screen as you said but there are also hard buttons to the right and left of the touch screen. I have a 2021 Longhorn 1500 with that set up and I rarely use the touch screen for the climate controls. The controls to the left and right of the screen are much easier to use.

Coonhound

Reaction score
The RAM website is ok for getting an idea of available packages and building your dream truck however, you can't build the truck and add or remove certain items. You have to add/remove total packages. The dealership can add or remove items as needed. The best way to get what is available at any given time is to let the dealer build the truck for you. If an item isn't available they can contact their factory rep for a time when they may have the item available or you can choose to order the truck without certain items.
Scuba is correct.

The build site is really frustrating for people who want to build a truck exactly how they want, without being restricted to certain packages. On the build site: You want this? Well you than you can't have that other thing. Oh you want that? Well you have to live with out this. Really dumb in my opinion. I've said for years, RAM will not build the truck I want. That's what I told the salesman for my 2022 build. He said he had special powers and could get around that. Well he couldn't. He had to get his sales manager involved and now I'm getting the truck exactly how we I want it (minus certain paint unavailability) and forgetting to add the Alpine package I wanted.

joelp

Reaction score
The climate controls are on the touch screen as you said but there are also hard buttons to the right and left of the touch screen. I have a 2021 Longhorn 1500 with that set up and I rarely use the touch screen for the climate controls. The controls to the left and right of the screen are much easier to use.
i guess i mean seat/wheel heat controls and not climate. i set auto at 70 and never touch the climate, but you are right on ease of use though. i just dont like the 12". seemed cool at delivery, but i'm not a fan after 2+ years

MrTaz

Reaction score
i guess i mean seat/wheel heat controls and not climate. i set auto at 70 and never touch the climate, but you are right on ease of use though. i just dont like the 12". seemed cool at delivery, but i'm not a fan after 2+ years
Everyone is different. That's the reason they have as many configurations as they do. Just think... the Japanese have even less choices on their vehicles.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
The RAM website is ok for getting an idea of available packages and building your dream truck however, you can't build the truck and add or remove certain items. You have to add/remove total packages. The dealership can add or remove items as needed. The best way to get what is available at any given time is to let the dealer build the truck for you. If an item isn't available they can contact their factory rep for a time when they may have the item available or you can choose to order the truck without certain items.

Just curious as to which items you’re trying to add or remove? It was my experience that the online build program pretty much mimicked the dealership level ordering software. Granted, there were some initial bugs with the software when they launched the 22 platform online but I thought those had pretty much been ironed out by now. I’ve noticed a few glitches where a truck isn’t exactly depicted to-specs in the virtual model. From my experience you can add the same independently selected options, or package options, as what the dealer can and if the software says there’s a conflict, that conflict is usually because that arrangement of options cannot be built given the current configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matemike

Reaction score
'solves' one problem, but causes others. i dont want the 12" screen and i DO want night edition. longhorn no night and limited no 8.4" screen. hate the climate controls on a touch screen on my19 2500 with the 12" uconnect.

ACEd- yes ram site. on my 2019 the laramie level b group (or whatever they call the $4k option package) included BSM/CPM. no longer the case.
I feel ya on this one. I wanted 8.4" screen for exact same reasons. Climate knobs and buttons. But, as others have mentioned about the 12" screen, there are climate control buttons on the sides of the screen. Cool. But if front passenger wants to change the fan speed only they have to go through the screen menus or reach across the screen for the fan buttons. To me, it is bad etiquette of a passenger in a vehicle to be reaching over to the driver side for anything. Also, there are no seat heat/vent control buttons with the 12" screen. IMO you have to play half a video game to turn on seat vents. My truck gets parked in the sun alot, so more often than not, I crank the seat vents ASAP after getting in. Buttons please. But as you (all) should know, that's just me. If it weren't for those miniscule things, I do think the 12" screen is cool as $h!t.
So I was looking for a big horn or laramie in order to get the 8.4". Big horns do not come with vented leather bucket seats. So I narrowed it down to Laramie.
I wanted NE as well

I tried all through Oct and Nov, could not find nor order NE as an option on a Laramie. So I finally broke down and ordered a NE Limited on Nov 10 and decided I will learn to like the 12" screen.

5 weeks after I ordered, I hear from this very thread on this forum that NE was available again in Laramies. So I cancelled and reordered what I wanted. PLus I can stil get the power deployable running boards now, had to get the 17 speaker HK system in order to get those, but I think that will be okay.

I wish I could have optioned in Limited headlights and Limited steering wheel. That's it. No stitching, keep the Laramie seats. No leather wrap on the grab handles etc. But the Laramie is mighty fine as it is.

I do not want BSM and I don't know what CPM is. But I likely did not order it.

BTW, No fault of their own, but the dealer is not going to reach out to you to inform you if one of your random wanted options becomes available again. Especially if you already ordered a Limited. You'll have to check it out with them periodically or scour the news here...or both.

So what I'm saying is maybe wait a month or so. See if they start including BSM and CPM on a Laramie like you want and hope NE is still avail and you get the 8.4" screen.
Or -- go with the Limited and 12" screen. Seems like you are a step ahead of me though being that you already had real world experience with as 12er.

Last edited:

sconym

Reaction score
How are you guys tracking your orders once they hit the rail lines?
If you know the rail car number, you can use the automated system. Call 800-235-2352. The system will ask you for the data you want (location or weight), then ask for the car initials, then finally the car number.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Just curious as to which items you’re trying to add or remove? It was my experience that the online build program pretty much mimicked the dealership level ordering software. Granted, there were some initial bugs with the software when they launched the 22 platform online but I thought those had pretty much been ironed out by now. I’ve noticed a few glitches where a truck isn’t exactly depicted to-specs in the virtual model. From my experience you can add the same independently selected options, or package options, as what the dealer can and if the software says there’s a conflict, that conflict is usually because that arrangement of options cannot be built given the current configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a few single items you can add such as Alternators, Rear Wheel Liners, 4:10 Gears, Anti-Spin Differential, Tow Hooks, NAV, Sun Roof, and a few others. Others such as BSM, Adaptive Cruise Control, Power Folding Mirrors, Digital Rear View Mirror and Front /Rear Park Assist items you have to order a package in order to get these items along with Items you could care less about. Of course items in packages change depending on the level of truck you are purchasing. I still say best route is order through your dealership because the Factory Reps can let he dealer know if items such as BSM, Power Folding Mirrors, Digital Rear View Mirror, Sun Roofs, etc are in short supply or are readily available. If an item is a must have, you may have to order a higher priced model or wait until the supplies are available. It's a crazy Market we are in!!!

Landon1974

Reaction score
If you know the rail car number, you can use the automated system. Call 800-235-2352. The system will ask you for the data you want (location or weight), then ask for the car initials, then finally the car number.
I don't know the car number. Is that a dealer or a Ram Chat call?

Scubaz66

Reaction score
This info may or may not help buyers make a decision on what model to purchase. I haven't been in or test driven a Laramie, Longhorn or Limited and to be honest can not afford an $80K+ truck as I'm retired and spending my money on more important things..... LOL Didn't like the looks of the Tradesman. I wanted Leather Interior but didn't want to pay the enormous up price for a Laramie and from what I've read the Laramie comes with cheap leather seats. I'm understanding from reading this Forum Leather on the center of the seats where the body touches, but the rest if Pleather or Faux Leather or maybe even Vinyl.

Therefore I chose the Big Horn Model. The Big Horn Model offered everything I wanted with the exception of Leather Interior. A dealer told me they could add the leather interior aftermarket for about $1500-$2000 through a company called Katzkin. Katzkin has an exclusive contract with RAM to do all their Leather Interiors and the Leather Interior will maintain the 3 Year Warranty offered by RAM.

Just built both Models (Big Horn and Laramie) on the web. In comparison The Laramie is $3110.00 more just to gain the Leather Interior. I customed designed a Leather Interior through Katzkin to my liking and the cost was $1695.00 to include all seats, console and door trim as needed to replace cloth. Basically any cloth will be replaced with Leather.

By ordering Leather Interior through Kaztkin you can Custom Design with many different colors and configurations.

Here is a link to their website: https://katzkin.com/?msclkid=d3b864b5312613ec78950569a650ad36&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Nat - Brand&utm_term=katzkin leather seats&utm_content=Katzkin Leather Seats

Last edited:

Tradesman22

Reaction score
I don't know the car number. Is that a dealer or a Ram Chat call?
I would like to know as well. I talked to the dealer today and they said they don’t have that information. All I know it’s on a train somewhere right now. All the dealer said is they will get an email when it’s on the truck and will get delivered within 48 hours of that email.

CforHD

Reaction score
Did anyone elses truck come with these blue marks all over the truck? I tried washing the truck and they didn't come off.
20220109_134938.jpg

Landon1974

Reaction score
If you are lucky, your dealer will give it to you. Not all of them will though. I don't think RAM Chat will give it to you.
My dealer said he can't. I was hoping someone on here wouldn't mind looking it up. VIN is 3C6UR5DJ7NG216218

sconym

Reaction score
My dealer said he can't. I was hoping someone on here wouldn't mind looking it up. VIN is 3C6UR5DJ7NG216218
Your dealer is lazy. It is absolutely part of the scheduling information that they can see in their system. Perhaps someone on the forum can help with the car number.

Users who are viewing this thread