Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

MrTaz

Reaction score
Most all Dealers have a DOC Fee!! As I understand this fee is associted with completing all documents regarding the purchasing, titling and registration of your vehicle. Your dealer is probably not going to allow you to NOT pay this doc fee. Therefore you just as well allow them to complete the State Taxes, Title, Registration and Tags. WI Dealer Doc Fee is capped at $152 as of 2021. Since all the state DMV's are pretty much tied together on the internet, your dealership can complete all the necessary documents at the dealership and the Tags, Title and registration will be mailed to your home address. Dealer will provide a temp tag (Usually 30 days) so you can drive the vehicle until your permanent tags arrive in the mail. In other words your State Tax, Title, Registration and Tags fees will be paid to the dealership. Therefore make sure you understand your State Fees and that the dealership doesn't inflate them for additional profit. Hope this helps.
Here in Florida I just got a refund check from the dealer that I bought my 2021 Longhorn 1500 from for being overcharged on licensing fees. It was $227 to be exact. I just set it aside for gas money. I don't know if it was honesty on the dealership's part (Yea right) or the fear of flunking the state audit when it comes up.

Last edited:

MrTaz

Reaction score
My truck is still on it's journey to it's new home. Last night it finally made it to Waycross Georgia on it's way to Southwest Florida via Orlando, I might get lucky and see it at the dealership by this time next week.

Last edited:

Drozdster

Reaction score
you must be a Canadian order? you don't get a vin till trucks built is from what another member has said on here. only us builds get vins right away.
Nope. US order. Will call Ramchat today and see what they say.

Tomp0026

Reaction score
Friday morning Ram chat told me I my truck was in line to be built. Friday afternoon I got the build sheet and this morning I got my window sticker and then I got this from my salesperson.

“Hello Tom
I’m not so much worried about the build as the shipping issues they have been having. All NJ dealers get their vehicle through the Twin Oaks PA holding facility which is currently behind on their shipping from holding to the stores. I’ll keep you as up to date as I can.”

I guess this seems to be the NEW NORMAL as nobody wants to fix what’s broke.

Attachments

• 74389B06-FD1C-46B3-9C3F-0E52BFEFD54D.png
    74389B06-FD1C-46B3-9C3F-0E52BFEFD54D.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 53

Bkff17

Reaction score
Friday morning Ram chat told me I my truck was in line to be built. Friday afternoon I got the build sheet and this morning I got my window sticker and then I got this from my salesperson.

“Hello Tom
I’m not so much worried about the build as the shipping issues they have been having. All NJ dealers get their vehicle through the Twin Oaks PA holding facility which is currently behind on their shipping from holding to the stores. I’ll keep you as up to date as I can.”

Ugh, mine is.either at or close to twin oaks now.

Landon1974

Reaction score
So RAM Chat says my truck shipped and is in transit. Is there anyone on here that can see the shipping details? Rail car number, etc.?

VIN is 3C6UR5DJ7NG216218

Thanks,

J-J

Reaction score
My truck is still on it's journey to it's new home. Last night it finally made it to Waycross Georgia on it's way to Southwest Florida via Orlando, I might get lucky and see it at the dealership by this time next week.
Hope it gets to you safe and sound.. I'm still lost in paperwork no movement. Very sad at this point.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
well... Got my next waiting time. 1/10 to 1/13. Feeling blessed (not really). Built since 11/14!
Where is your truck going to? Mine is at CSX Orlando on a rail with the Keys missing, been there for more than a month! There are 3 rail cars there that they can not unload. Seems like CSX has problems resolving the issue. Dealer is telling me that they could cut a key but CSX won't let anyone on property.

Reaction score
Hope it gets to you safe and sound.. I'm still lost in paperwork no movement. Very sad at this point.

Where is your truck going to? Mine is at CSX Orlando on a rail with the Keys missing, been there for more than a month! There are 3 rail cars there that they can not unload. Seems like CSX has problems resolving the issue. Dealer is telling me that they could cut a key but CSX won't let anyone on property.

Reactions: J-J

J-J

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if it's another damaged one..

dperry149

Reaction score
Garner North Carolina is final destination. With great help from bvr10, my shipping info has not updated since 11/16. shows the last location was at the port in Mexico. It was thought to have shipped on the boat, but we have not been able to track it down.

edit: brv10 My dyslexia kicked in.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score

“Hello Tom

At least they reached out to you.

owdiss78

Reaction score
@OfficerDirtySanchez

RamChat tells me I'm D1 today (parts gathered, sequenced for production). Ten weeks to D1 for my 10/25 order if they're correct--I'll take it. Sorry @owdiss78 I'll try not to celebrate too much.

f7e84a99f2df85b6136b1de2e7efabbc.jpg

I got a truck calibrate all you want I’m always happy for the ones who win the ram lotto and not forgotten. I’m almost 75% to just walk away from my dealer with the ordered 3500 and just keep the 2500 since ordering has been the worst experience and all along dealer lots have trucks just the way I’d ordered it in the first place. And I got a better price all around for this 2500 then I was going to get for the ordered deal at this point I’m happy with what I got. Good luck hope you get it

tyler2you

Reaction score
I got a truck calibrate all you want I’m always happy for the ones who win the ram lotto and not forgotten. I’m almost 75% to just walk away from my dealer with the ordered 3500 and just keep the 2500 since ordering has been the worst experience and all along dealer lots have trucks just the way I’d ordered it in the first place. And I got a better price all around for this 2500 then I was going to get for the ordered deal at this point I’m happy with what I got. Good luck hope you get it
Hey, that's great that you got a truck. It looks sharp!

sanda

Reaction score
I would have canceled and reordered by now rather than wait 8 months for nothing.
I'm sure the dealer would love to have you cancel the order. They could sell your truck for much more than the negotiated price at order and set you up for another one at todays prices.

owdiss78

Reaction score
Hey, that's great that you got a truck. It looks sharp!

It’s not a 3500 HO but it’s everything else I wanted and after 15 weeks of 0 movement and no answers from ram chat ram dealer or their rep I chose to not pass up a truck that was ordered from a dealer 2 days before my order just sitting on the cold dealer lot waiting for a new owner. I just checked ram chat to see if maybe some news and sure enough good news I’m in the scheduling phase and gathering parts. I do not believe the ordered truck will show up in the next 6 months yet so I’m happy with my decision to not wait and miss out on camping and traveling starting in a couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread