Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

buzzuti

Reaction score
Yup mostly irritating for older orders. I’m just kidding thanks for putting that together, obviously skewed heavily based on only delivered orders but the average days to delivery match up with what I was originally told by the dealer before they missed the mark by a mile… now at 22 weeks and not even on the schedule plus figure about 30 days for delivery to the northern states and probably 14+ to get the running boards I now regret having on the order mine will be a very heavy outlier from this data set
Really curious the chain of events, the planning mishaps, the supply issues, what have you, that have gone into play why your order is OTF (out there flapping).
Lotta people out there getting paid a lot of money to solve these issues.
The trends are showing they are going in the right direction...
But that really doesn't do a thing to help you out...

Curious what month over month, year over year for the past 3 years total # of custom orders has been.
Gotta imagine there is a psychotic influx over the past 12 months.
Probably hell trying to dovetail Dealer orders and Custom orders in together. Who has priority?

You know in Europe, from my understanding, you have to order your vehicle this way. This is normal.
You can't walk onto a car lot and say, "I want that one" and drive it away.
Would not be the least bit surprised if this is where we are at, in that transition.
Car makers would probably love that in America.
Way more efficient for them, saving them big $$$ trying to figure out what features people want most, producing cars upfront, worrying about "inventory", etc.
Unfortunately, having the right systems in place for a robust custom orders pipeline at the moment is the lacking component.

Firewall

Reaction score
Back in the 70's (yes I'm old) It was close to this, I remember going with my sister to order a Cutlass Supreme with the options she wanted, the dealers could not hop on a computer to check inventory in the area. In 78 I did find a Trans Am on the lot but they were few and far between. And financing took about a week, so there was no sign and drive either! Car lots were smaller too, now a dealer may have several lots and even several dealerships across the State.
You know in Europe, from my understanding, you have to order your vehicle this way. This is normal.
Would not be the least bit surprised if this is where we are at, in that transition.

ACEd

Reaction score
Cramming a few things in with this post
-ordered Laramie NE with tow tech, 5th wheel prep Laramie B on 12/15. The dealer told me looks like it will build around first week of February. (I didn’t get a date or a status code)
-my POC says scheduling priority 1 - sold order
-build priority 26
I’ll be thrilled if it builds in a month! Anyone by chance know what build priority 26 means?
Scheduling Priority 1, Build Priority 26 ?

buzzuti

Reaction score
Scheduling Priority 1, Build Priority 26 ?
Ordered mine on 12/22 originally (another story)
but that one is D1 status and schedule for production on 2/2... (really no idea what any of this means)

so that may be the case, you are in line possibly, scheduled for build?

ACEd

Reaction score
All of these people complaining about wait times then cancelling and reordering a second extreme custom optioned truck, are a bit hypocritical dont ya think?
Might keep slowing the process huh?
Maybe just get less options on a work TRUCK, or be less picky and get one off the lot, or just wait... Ya know, one of those options.
First off, there are lots of May-August orders that were placed before Start of Production. Logically these should have been built in the first wave of production and delivered by now. Several of these orders still have NO STATUS 5 months after Production started and buyers are getting BS or NO INFO from Dealers. These include a range of trims, not just high end orders.

Second, they are getting NO INFO or BS from RamChat which purports to be the Customer Friendly info source.

Third, several have cancelled and reordered and have received their 2nd order trucks or at least have current status as “Built” or “In Transit” (regardless of equipment)

Fourth, I doubt a dozen cancellations and reorders (or even 50+) would have any effect on production of your truck

Fifth, Dealers are not dealing on anything on the lot (assuming they have anything on the lot) - most are ignoring Affiliate Pricing and other published incentives and adding up to $5000 Market Adjustment above MSRP. At the same time ordered trucks through certain dealers are running thousands below MSRP and showing up for delivery in 10-16 weeks (again with no obvious preference to options)

Sixth, If I am spending $70-90k for a truck that I plan to keep for a while, and I want Power Folding Mirrors or any other options, and I am willing to pay for (and potentially wait for higher optioned truck), what business is it for one person to tell another to just buy a lesser truck off the lot.

Excuse the Rant - I am one of the very lucky ones with a Longhorn already delivered, but I sympathize with those who have been waiting with no idea why they were skipped and no info and were I in their shoes, I would definitely have reordered.

Last edited:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
You have to understand the amount of turnover and buyouts that happened this year, hundreds affecting everyone corporate, more than I have seen in 10 years since the PSA deal.

DelRed22

Reaction score
First off, there are lots of May-August orders that were placed before Start of Production. Logically these should have been built in the first wave of production and delivered by now. Several of these orders still have NO STATUS 5 months after Production started and buyers are getting BS or NO INFO from Dealers. These include a range of trims, not just high end orders.

Second, they are getting NO INFO or BS from RamChat which purports to be the Customer Friendly info source.

Third, several have cancelled and reordered and have received their trucks or at least have current status as Built or In Transit (regardless of equipment)

Fourth, I doubt a dozen cancellations and reorders (or even 50+) would have any effect on production of your truck

Fifth, Dealers are not dealing on anything on the lot (assuming they have anything on the lot) - most are ignoring Affiliate Pricing and other incentives and adding up to $5000 Market Adjustment above MSRP. At the same time ordered trucks through certain dealers are running thousands below MSRP and showing up for delivery in 10-16 weeks (again with no obvious preference to options)

Sixth, If I am spending $70-90k for a truck that I plan to keep for a while, and I want Power Folding Mirrors or any other options, and I am willing to pay for (and potentially wait for higher optioned truck), what business is it for one person to tell another to just buy a lesser truck off the lot.

Excuse the Rant - I am one of the very lucky ones with a Longhorn already delivered, but I sympathize with those who have been waiting with no idea why they were skipped and no info and were I in their shoes, I would definitely have reordered.

I agree with your rant as I’m one of the unlucky ones with a 6/25 order and no info. So why is it a problem for me to get exactly what I want and can afford. It’s none of anyone’s business on why I ordered what I’d did, however, when I ordered there wasn’t any info on such and such selected options would delay your production by “x” amount. In fact, to this day I have no inside information on if that is what is causing the delay because I do see optioned trucks on the spreadsheet that were ordered after mine getting built and delivered!

All I know is that RAM isn’t saying anything to as to why I’m being skipped when others are being built. And I’m not sure why they didn’t take a FIFO approach. If they were having chip shortages then those trucks needing chips ordered early in the process should of have been built first.

They only had NE and sunroof supply issues after they were building ones ordered after mine. So why is it that I or older orders had to wait?

It’s all BS and frustrating and I get nothing from anyone other than “we don’t know what’s going on”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebuilderman

Reaction score

Third, several have cancelled and reordered and have received their trucks or at least have current status as Built or In Transit (regardless of equipment)

Fifth, Dealers are not dealing on anything on the lot (assuming they have anything on the lot) - most are ignoring Affiliate Pricing and other incentives and adding up to $5000 Market Adjustment above MSRP. At the same time ordered trucks through certain dealers are running thousands below MSRP and showing up for delivery in 10-16 weeks (again with no obvious preference to options)

I think that was well thought out and well said.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Back in the 70's (yes I'm old) It was close to this, I remember going with my sister to order a Cutlass Supreme with the options she wanted, the dealers could not hop on a computer to check inventory in the area. In 78 I did find a Trans Am on the lot but they were few and far between. And financing took about a week, so there was no sign and drive either! Car lots were smaller too, now a dealer may have several lots and even several dealerships across the State.
I second that. Purchased a brand new 78 T.A. Black just like Smokey & The Bandit. Loved the 70's automobiles..... Lots were small and selections were few.

tyler2you

Reaction score
I second that. Purchased a brand new 78 T.A. Black just like Smokey & The Bandit. Loved the 70's automobiles..... Lots were small and selections were few.
I'd agree up to 1973. After that, the smog crap ruined everything. That 78 TA with the big 400 cubic inch monster under the hood pumped out a pathetic 200 HP.

Rampingup

Reaction score
Back in the 70's wasn't THAT long ago. Bought my first car in 72. OK I'm old too.

Bigkeeper

Reaction score
Is that Maximum Steel? I have to say, ‘The Grey Ghost’ is gonna be bitchen! I almost went with Maximum Steel and I think I maybe regretting changing my mind to Patriot Blue.
After you do the Thuren stuff please post.
Will do, just the normal Granite color the Olive and Steel were not options and my 1st and 2nd choice…

cmh2007

Reaction score
All of these people complaining about wait times then cancelling and reordering a second extreme custom optioned truck, are a bit hypocritical dont ya think?
Might keep slowing the process huh?
Maybe just get less options on a work TRUCK, or be less picky and get one off the lot, or just wait... Ya know, one of those options.
Yes and no, with my case it was ultimately due to dealer playing games with pricing from a buyout. What is ironic, they didn't actually cancel my order, and my second order arrived only a matter of weeks behind it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Stellanti

Reaction score
Really curious the chain of events, the planning mishaps, the supply issues, what have you, that have gone into play why your order is OTF (out there flapping).
Lotta people out there getting paid a lot of money to solve these issues.
The trends are showing they are going in the right direction...
But that really doesn't do a thing to help you out...

Curious what month over month, year over year for the past 3 years total # of custom orders has been.
Gotta imagine there is a psychotic influx over the past 12 months.
Probably hell trying to dovetail Dealer orders and Custom orders in together. Who has priority?

Way more efficient for them, saving them big $$$ trying to figure out what features people want most, producing cars upfront, worrying about "inventory", etc.
Unfortunately, having the right systems in place for a robust custom orders pipeline at the moment is the lacking component.
Well over 60% of the top levels of management reside in Europe so I would say they have some influence, as well as the top investor exor, the controlling family resides in Europe. But as for the future of mobility solutions the stellantis CEO just did a panel at CES to discuss the “subscription sales model” of the future in which they plan to make an additional $40B over the current model… couldn’t even venture a guess as to what group of people would be footing that bill

MrTaz

Reaction score
I'd agree up to 1973. After that, the smog crap ruined everything. That 78 TA with the big 400 cubic inch monster under the hood pumped out a pathetic 200 HP.
I remember those days. You couldn't hardly find any new full size cars with 4 speed transmissions.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ordered my first new car in 81, you could combine anything then and without the WWW it was a much easier time to wait, but then I'm in Michigan and the car was built in Dearborn, close by, everthing was made here then.

WildBill138

Reaction score

Im not that worried about the re-orders slowing my order personally. I just think its ironic the ones making a fuss over a 6 month wait for a truck with every dumb option checked. You take a gamble like the rest of us on each one of those extra boxes checked. Never know which will be a delay, but the more you have the more chance for a delay. You knew this.
Im betting 50% of it is the dealer and time of order for that dealer. They have priority slots based on their recent orders and allotments. Its like an nfl draft im guessing. So its luck of draw for customers. You take a gamble on your dealer/location/options and you stick it out. Why would gambling (reordering) again randomly give you better odds..

Users who are viewing this thread