Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

matemike

Reaction score
When I ordered mine the power option was under the level 1 package which is now level A. But it doesn’t show on my build. When I asked the dealer he said they removed it from that package. I’m assuming due to parts availability.
Did you order a Big Horn?

owdiss78

Reaction score
I'd hate to wait an extra 2 months for a truck that I really need by May if possible, just for the NE package - I'm fine to plastidip if that avoids the extra wait time. The build/delivery delays suck right now :(

Just from my experience it’s a gamble what you order when you will get it. You could be like some and have it in 8 weeks or like my self at 4 months and no movement and I even skipped sunroof because my dealers rep said it would be in in 3-4 months without sunroof and 5-6 with well 4 months and not one movement since getting a vin. But I’ve seen others that ordered similar optioned weeks after me and it’s built and some delivered also found a 2500 just like what I ordered in a 3500 at a dealer and by the vin been ordered 2-3 days before mine and it was already on the lot for a week. So I bought it on Monday my camper be done getting warranty work done soon so I need a truck to bring it home. For some on here ordering has been exciting and got some as myself it’s been nothing but a bad experience!!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Your a lucky man. Would have liked to have had them. Sounds like I was lucky to get Night Edition around the time I ordered so I can’t complain.
It was a very narrow window to get them ordered in!

Reactions: CFE

CFE

Reaction score
Just from my experience it’s a gamble what you order when you will get it. You could be like some and have it in 8 weeks or like my self at 4 months and no movement and I even skipped sunroof because my dealers rep said it would be in in 3-4 months without sunroof and 5-6 with well 4 months and not one movement since getting a vin. But I’ve seen others that ordered similar optioned weeks after me and it’s built and some delivered also found a 2500 just like what I ordered in a 3500 at a dealer and by the vin been ordered 2-3 days before mine and it was already on the lot for a week. So I bought it on Monday my camper be done getting warranty work done soon so I need a truck to bring it home. For some on here ordering has been exciting and got some as myself it’s been nothing but a bad experience!!

Appreciate the feedback - i hate to see the delivery process be so painful/frustrating for a few of y'all. Hoping to have my order in by tomorrow evening, just waiting on my local dealership to come back and see how close they can get to the MD price quote.

Sidenote - I know when ordering a Ford from their dealers, their dealerships input a priority order code. I forget the sequence (higher or lower), but if you get the higher priority code...your order goes to the bottom of that priority list, but is prioirty over lower codes. Tyically - high volume Ford dealers have access to the highest priority codes. Hopefully that made sense - but curious if Ram dealers have something similar.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I wouldn't let a dealer tell me what I could and couldn't order based on delivery time, they don't have any more of an idea than Ramchat, unless that option is blacked out on the order screen. I'm ordering a truck for myself, not them.

Basser53

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback - i hate to see the delivery process be so painful/frustrating for a few of y'all. Hoping to have my order in by tomorrow evening, just waiting on my local dealership to come back and see how close they can get to the MD price quote.

Sidenote - I know when ordering a Ford from their dealers, their dealerships input a priority order code. I forget the sequence (higher or lower), but if you get the higher priority code...your order goes to the bottom of that priority list, but is prioirty over lower codes. Tyically - high volume Ford dealers have access to the highest priority codes. Hopefully that made sense - but curious if Ram dealers have something similar.
As far as I've seen it's 99 dealer order or 01 sold order.. sold order supposedly take priority.

Reactions: CFE

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
Night edition on Laramie’s became available once again on December 9. I was told by Renae at Mark dodge that my order placed on December 28 would have power fold mirrors, night edition, and 360 cameras. The only thing that I will not be able to get that I did want is Blindspot monitoring. Everything else I’m able to get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolfman

Reaction score
I wouldn't let a dealer tell me what I could and couldn't order based on delivery time, they don't have any more of an idea than Ramchat, unless that option is blacked out on the order screen. I'm ordering a truck for myself, not them.
My dealer had memos from I think the local rep and it had a list of things that could slow an order. So they probably they may know more than Ram chat. Lucky for me it was things I didn't want or can get later like rubber floor mats.

owdiss78

Reaction score

I was on the fence of having a sunroof and that I’d the info they had to make the choice not to order that option. We could all go into a dealer the same day order the same trucks and it will still be a gamble who’s is built first and who’s be skipped.

owdiss78

Reaction score
My dealer had memos from I think the local rep and it had a list of things that could slow an order. So they probably they may know more than Ram chat. Lucky for me it was things I didn't want or can get later like rubber floor mats.

Mine too and night addition was the other one but I didn’t want that one anyway with the color I chose. I have never ordered and to be honest idk if I ever will try again after this experience. And in the end I found a truck that had all the options I wanted and need yes I ordered a 3500 HO that was a want not a need but if that order ever comes in and I feel I do need the HO I will see if I can work out a deal if not I checked off all the needs on a dealer lot ordered couple days before the order I placed.

Woolfman

Reaction score
Mine too and night addition was the other one but I didn’t want that one anyway with the color I chose. I have never ordered and to be honest idk if I ever will try again after this experience. And in the end I found a truck that had all the options I wanted and need yes I ordered a 3500 HO that was a want not a need but if that order ever comes in and I feel I do need the HO I will see if I can work out a deal if not I checked off all the needs on a dealer lot ordered couple days before the order I placed.
Looking at the spread sheet it looks like the HO's are taking longer.

owdiss78

Reaction score
It does almost seem like they just lost some orders.

Yep and give no info why they built truck M but didn’t built truck A and leave it behind for absolutely no reason. Sorry to be negative but when you see mega cab in any trim then HO in any trim also the options you ordered and your skipped and 3 months before that it’s very frustrating to say the least. I’m happy for the lucky people getting their trucks in 2-3 months but ram really should put some priority into the older orders because I still see some older then mine and I don’t like that either. And then when you see a truck to a T the truck you ordered on a dealer lot there goes the sold order priority that ram reps blow smoke up the dealers a$$ and then they blow it up our a$$ the proof is in the dealer lots. I’ve looked at dealer lots all around me up to 4 hours and there is several I’ve seen similar to my order with vins starting 180 or 190 but why wasn’t John Doughs truck built that is 110 or in my case the 176 and I buy a twin in 2500 with 169274

Users who are viewing this thread