Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

CFE

Reaction score
Is it taboo to ask to see Price Ordering Confirmations (POC)? I saw someone posted one early DEC from Sandi/MD and it made curious what everyone is paying for their 3500 DRWs.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
They came $5000 below MSRP on my order. Walker CJDR in Hurricane was about the same price. They won’t budge off in stock trucks but factory orders both dealers were willing to work with me.
I tried working with Walker CJDR during the 2020/2021 model year. I made a couple trips to the dealership because I have family who live in the area and I test drove a couple trucks, one gas one diesel. Salesman would never return my calls or work with me via phone or computer. I wasn't going to keep driving the 100 mile round trip just to speak to them in person.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Is it taboo to ask to see Price Ordering Confirmations (POC)? I saw someone posted one early DEC from Sandi/MD and it made curious what everyone is paying for their 3500 DRWs.
Dealer should have given you a copy of the POC when you ordered. Some dealers will provide this information with the Invoice Price as well as the MSRP price. Some dealers will show EP Pricing, FFP Pricing and Dealer Hold Back and other information. Many dealers will not provide this information. Mine didn't, but I know how to configure the percentages of each of the pricing tiers.

Reactions: CFE

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
Seems like the wait is horrible when waiting to get to D1 status than for it being built. But I am feeling and reading that the hardest part of the wait is when it has shipped. Ugh.

CFE

Reaction score
Dealer should have given you a copy of the POC when you ordered. Some dealers will provide this information with the Invoice Price as well as the MSRP price. Some dealers will show EP Pricing, FFP Pricing and Dealer Hold Back and other information. Many dealers will not provide this information. Mine didn't, but I know how to configure the percentages of each of the pricing tiers.
Good to know - MD is supposed to give me info later today about a build inquiry that I sent them. Asking as a local dealership said they might be willing to work with me on pricing if I show them the MD POC (which based off of research on here should be well below invoice - reading up to 11% below sometimes with EP/FFP/HB). If I can get the local dealer to get within a fraction of that below invoice, then I'll support local. Appreciate the info.

Check out this thread for some info about prices paid vs MSRP: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/price-negotiated-from-msrp.134/
Appreciate the response - that's where I saw the price ordering confirmation from 9 DEC 2021. I'll keep digging through to see what others are paying. Thanks.

Firewall

Reaction score
Seems like the wait is horrible when waiting to get to D1 status than for it being built. But I am feeling and reading that the hardest part of the wait is when it has shipped. Ugh.
It's all a big waiting game. I went from a relatively quick build to spending almost three weeks at the vendor to finally getting a window sticker to now "approved for shipping, no eta". One step forward, three back!

B92842

Reaction score
no that feature is new for 22, also will not honk if they vehicle is locked, only chirps when you leave the vehicle running unlocked with no keys inside. We will find out when the 22 arrives. But my wives vehicle already does the honk thing if the keys leave when running, but it has to be unlocked. So only happens say when i am driving with her, i run into convienence store, she stays in vehicle so its not locked, then it will chirp. That is the only scenario so far it has chirped since the vehicle is always locked
I got the 22 ram 2500 diesel a couple months ago, still have the damn honking when you leave the running truck. I hate it. I go to get gas and the damn thing honks 3 times and everyone looks at you. Not to mention it happens 2am in the morning when I do remote start and open/close back door to put my bag in. Wtf

Rockman

Reaction score
I got the 22 ram 2500 diesel a couple months ago, still have the damn honking when you leave the running truck. I hate it. I go to get gas and the damn thing honks 3 times and everyone looks at you. Not to mention it happens 2am in the morning when I do remote start and open/close back door to put my bag in. Wtf
I will try to find this when I get mine... It is somewhere in the BCM module.. If it drives you crazy for now pickup a relay and some wire at auto parts store. Disconnect horn and hook it to relay on Normally closed contact. if you have aux switches set one to latch on with ignition and hook it to the coil on the relay.

If you need to use horn simply turn aux switch off and it will work as normal. When truck is running the horn will not work and when it is off panic and lock confirmation will. If need to be easier without relay until someone finds a fix disconnect horn and set aux 1 to momentary and use it for the horn..

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I believe when you stop to get gas there are signs everywhere telling you to shut off vehicle while fueling as a precaution. This protects not only you but others around you. Then again there are signs stating no smoking and still I see fools fueling their units with a cigarette or other smoking material hanging out of their mouths. Is it possible the folks at FCA are trying to prevent a lawsuit because we have idiots who won't follow the laws and put everyone else in danger? Just my humble opinion..... And YES! I know the combustible properties of diesel are unlike gasoline, but in most fueling stations diesel and gas are side by side unless you are fueling at the Big Rigs pumps.

martini08

Reaction score
That happened to me on 2017 2500 with 106,000 miles on it. On mine it turned out to be a DEF injector that was corroded. Probably something different on yours since it’s new. Almost $700 later and mine was fixed. Just got to love those crappy diesel emissions systems.
Let us know what yours turned out to be.
The problem turned out to be that the dealer over filled the DEF tank. Had the computer flashed and no issues so far.

Rockman

Reaction score
I believe when you stop to get gas there are signs everywhere telling you to shut off vehicle while fueling as a precaution. This protects not only you but others around you. Then again there are signs stating no smoking and still I see fools fueling their units with a cigarette or other smoking material hanging out of their mouths. Is it possible the folks at FCA are trying to prevent a lawsuit because we have idiots who won't follow the laws and put everyone else in danger? Just my humble opinion..... And YES! I know the combustible properties of diesel are unlike gasoline, but in most fueling stations diesel and gas are side by side unless you are fueling at the Big Rigs pumps.
If I remember this was a lawsuit that someone with a gas engine didn’t know they left it running and parked in garage. This feature started because gas engines were so quiet on modern vehicles. It is simply a reminder that engine is running.

MrTaz

Reaction score
The problem turned out to be that the dealer over filled the DEF tank. Had the computer flashed and no issues so far.
That's what happens when they let green-horns do things they aren't trained for. Probably some young kid working for minimum wage.

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
If I remember this was a lawsuit that someone with a gas engine didn’t know they left it running and parked in garage. This feature started because gas engines were so quiet on modern vehicles. It is simply a reminder that engine is running.
"Key has left the running vehicle" warning.

cmh2007

Reaction score
So I ordered a loaded Laramie in August, re-ordered a Limited in October. My original order didn't get canceled in time and was built. My salesman just told me the shipping train derailed in San Antonio with my original truck on it!
Holy smokes

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Coonhound

Reaction score
It's all a big waiting game. I went from a relatively quick build to spending almost three weeks at the vendor to finally getting a window sticker to now "approved for shipping, no eta". One step forward, three back!
Have you asked for an update in the past 4 days or so? We were stuck at the vendor together but mine caught a train and was in Eagle Pass Texas yesterday. Hopefully yours was too.

Users who are viewing this thread