Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

MrTaz

Reaction score
Finally picked up my new truck today. I was really enjoying it, then on my way home (I live 3 1-2 hours from the dealer) the Service Def System See Dealer message popped up. Anyone had this happen to them?
That happened to me on 2017 2500 with 106,000 miles on it. On mine it turned out to be a DEF injector that was corroded. Probably something different on yours since it’s new. Almost $700 later and mine was fixed. Just got to love those crappy diesel emissions systems.
Let us know what yours turned out to be.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Sounds pretty familiar! My dealer said two weeks too. Then “it’ll be here by the end of the year”. I get the feeling there is definitely something he’s not telling me. Would be nice if Ram would give us more info so we could call BS on the dealer if we need to!
The dealership wants to see it come in as bad as you do. They want their money from you so they can pay their overhead.

Last edited:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
My PW is also supposedly at Barnes Yard since 12/21. I found a load number through the trucking company and they stated FCA put a hold on the order...incredibly annoyed at this point. It has only been on order since 9/15...
I see no OG status which would be damage or fobs, no holds either, I think they are buying time for the transport

Dan222500

Reaction score
I just ordered a truck last weekend, I'm not really sure when or if I'm supposed to hear anything from the dealer but here is my build sheet. Excited to turn this thing into a welding rig!!!
You probably won't hear anything unless you call and bug them!

RAMLONGHORN

Reaction score
Found out my truck is in Baltimore, anyone have any insight on how long it usually takes to be delivered to the dealer??

Scubaz66

Reaction score
That’s crazy. Here was my salespersons exact words:

“As long as you are able to wrap up the virtual finance part within 7 days of us receiving the truck, we will be happy to keep it locked up and in safe care until you are ready to take it.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. There are conflicting timelines with different sales personnel within Mark Dodge. I've now seen 4 days, 7 days, 14 days and a mention of something to do with 30 days all from the same person. I know Mark Dodge is one of the best dealerships for vehicle pricing, but maybe someone from Mark Dodge could post their policy regarding this subject. I know they monitor this Forum.

Tradesman22

Reaction score
So it looks like we go to NC then come up then turnpike... make sure to check it for major rock chips

Sent from my SM-F926U using
Is your truck in that shipment as well? And yea it will be inspected very thorough.

Tradesman22

Reaction score
Wonder why your truck went to a NC Rail Yard and mine went to Lordstown in OH? My dealership is only about 45 miles from yours.
Yea I was expecting it to go through Lordstown as well. Not sure if it’s a good or bad thing going through NC. It doesn’t matter to me as long as it makes it here safely!

J-J

Reaction score
Is your truck in that shipment as well? And yea it will be inspected very thorough.
No mine hasn't even been built. Not happy with the situation at all.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread