Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Scubaz66

Reaction score
El Mirage vehicle facility is 18 miles Northwest of Phoenix Arizona on Highway 60 (AKA) Phoenix-Wickenburg Hwy. It's close to Sun City.
That facility does seem to piss off the locals that can't get to work because of the rail cars full of vehicles blocking the roads. Go figure and we are complaining because we can't get our vehicles that are on the railcars...
View attachment 29384View attachment 29399
MrTAZ is correct! El Mirage has been there for years. The retirement community called Sun City is huge and has been built up around the Rail Yard over the years. The Old City of El Mirage with run down wooden homes, also know as Old Mexico still exists, but is now surrounded by stucco homes built over the past 20 years. When you drive though El Mirage it's like going crossing the border into MX and then back into the USA. He is also correct about the locals complaining about driving in the area because of the influx of rail car shipments. I use to pass the rail yard on my way to Wickenburg every month.

ElkRam

Reaction score
I ordered a 3500 laramie with all the unicorns. But BSM wasn't available so that was the only thing I didn't click. However I have watched dealer trucks with everything I ordered after I ordered be shipped in. Should have went longhorn and would have already had it by now.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Not so true! Ordered Longhorn 10/20 and it’s still D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkRam

Reaction score
That's what I ordered at first but because some of the options were unavailable I canceled that truck and ordered a Limited. I think I see a trend going on here. Also I don't believe the Laramie that I ordered and canceled has been built yet even though it was ordered first. It will be built eventually since the dealer couldn't cancel it with Chrysler.

This is exactly what I did. First order 9/18, still not built. Had to reorder Longhorn to get missing options.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I think you either need to wait or reorder another Ram. A GM diesel can't hold a candle to a Cummins. Assuming you ordered a truck with a diesel. Also I haven't owned a GM product since 1990 because of what I think is an inferior interior quality. Just my 2 cents worth.
Agreed on both counts.

Tradesman22

Reaction score
Seems like they unloaded mine in about 2 days once it got there.
That seems to be quick from what I’m hearing from others. How far are you from railyard and how long did it take from factory to dealer? Mine is a dually and from what I’ve seen is that they can take a little longer.

Levi200220022

Reaction score
No Digital rearview.
I keep seeing guys that have ordered before me and I can’t figure out why mine would be done before those are built and that’s about the only thing I could come up with. I know in the 21 models that was a standard option on the b package then for 22 it was separate that’s why I didn’t get it

Jtwes

Reaction score
That seems to be quick from what I’m hearing from others. How far are you from railyard and how long did it take from factory to dealer? Mine is a dually and from what I’ve seen is that they can take a little longer.
Shipped 12-2 from factory. Arrived at railyard 12-18 picked up from dealer 12-23. The dealership is 10 minutes from rail yard. They have there own transportation team. If I remember right that train went into Tennessee then Virginia and then back down to Winston .

MrTaz

Reaction score
I keep seeing guys that have ordered before me and I can’t figure out why mine would be done before those are built and that’s about the only thing I could come up with. I know in the 21 models that was a standard option on the b package then for 22 it was separate that’s why I didn’t get it
Probably all about parts availability.

HillHD

Reaction score
Exactly!! I’ve spoken with Sandi @ Mark Dodge, and that’s what she said. I may contact GM. You bring up a great point about damage and signing papers.

Looking for contact email for Sandi at Mark Dodge. Thanks.

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
My PW is also supposedly at Barnes Yard since 12/21. I found a load number through the trucking company and they stated FCA put a hold on the order...incredibly annoyed at this point. It has only been on order since 9/15...
That’s interesting! Wondering if something similar is going on with mine (it’s held up in storage at the factory). Ram should give us more info in cases like this. We deserve to know if our dealer is having a problem or if there is damage to the truck. Keep us posted, I’d like to know what your hold is for. May shed some light on things for a few of us.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
There’s a real mountain of parts in my garage. If the mountain keeps growing the wife is eventually going to figure it out and I’m gonna be living in the garage with my parts!
If they’re on my truck she won’t see the money I’m spending. Really need the truck.

Spud8610

Reaction score
That’s interesting! Wondering if something similar is going on with mine (it’s held up in storage at the factory). Ram should give us more info in cases like this. We deserve to know if our dealer is having a problem or if there is damage to the truck. Keep us posted, I’d like to know what your hold is for. May shed some light on things for a few of us.

The dealer doesn’t even seem to know what’s going on or doesn’t want to say. Today he stated it could be roughly two weeks and last week he said it would arrive by the 6th. I’ll keep you posted!

Users who are viewing this thread