Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
Do you know if the PA RailHead Ingate is called Addis, LA? That’s where mine arrived this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NO - Addis is 10-15 miles south of Port Allen - not sure why it would be there. Maybe waiting space at Port Allen RailHead - "Port Allen RailHead Ingate" is called exactly that.

Reaction score
Thanks for reply !
Most help full your comment!
Not as long a wait time as I was expecting. I figured 5 to 6 months.
I intend to get aftermarket 35's tires . The max size for me. Not interested in larger tires. cost. & work involved in doing so.
It's my opinion 35's gives the truck a bolder stance !
It's no issue with the sales person I am dealing with.
Basic trim level with a few options especially ram boxes need extra storage.
How is your truck optioned out?
i did the laramie level B , 12inch screen , sunroof, roof lights , bucket seats with centre console, factory power steps , 5th wheel prep , sport package , off-road package , factory 20’s , few other small things

Nashscarport

Reaction score
The automated setup for UP doesn't work very well at all. After multiple tries I was unable to get it to accept the car number that I was trying to give it. I did find out that the CSX phone number also works if the car is being pulled by a UP train.
I was able to follow my truck to Texas and then it switched and no am following it the rest of the way to Orlando. Not the greatest, but it works

Mbz diesel

Reaction score
Well since my order is 4 months in and I need a truck I’m buying off a lot. I pulled in why traveling Friday to a dealer because they had several longhorns and limiteds found a 2500 that is optioned identical to my 3500 order. Sales lady came and talked to me what it takes to get me in that truck I tossed out higher price then I’m getting from ordering dealer by $3000 and I want friends family pricing. She went talked to sales manager came back and said we can do that I was shocked so got all set up for Monday to go get. I want my 3500 still but 4 months in no movement no answers I’m gambling I can easily sell the 2500 when my ordered 3500 comes in some day maybe before 2023. Has anyone decided to do the same gamble?
I’m canceling my order too, found one on the lot almost the same. 3 months no movement and know answers.

owdiss78

Reaction score
I’m canceling my order too, found one on the lot almost the same. 3 months no movement and know answers.

Yep if I was D1 at least and had an idea after 4 months I wouldn’t worry about it but I can’t pass up this deal.

going to add I’m not canceling yet I want to know what this one is like it’s a 2500 but it maybe ok for my needs but If I need a 3500 I will try to sell this one or trade it back for the ordered truck. Just frustrating it came down to this

Last edited:

223500DRW

Reaction score
Also sadly if you see the chart here of vin list it was pry ordered 2 days before my order. Again just ready for new truck and no end in sight for even being built after 4 months
and if the new year brings in more production then what. what if your truck is built this month? thats a chance you are willing to take? do you really need the truck this bad or is this forum just making your wait harder. i need a truck now but im waiting. I haven't been able to move my 5th wheel in my back yard since June. i need to move it to start clearing my back yard. took down 4 pine trees to build my custom shed/man cave. i will wait for my truck. even though i need a truck today. all personal preference. you may break even or take a small loss a gamble your willing to take?

owdiss78

Reaction score
and if the new year brings in more production then what. what if your truck is built this month? thats a chance you are willing to take? do you really need the truck this bad or is this forum just making your wait harder. i need a truck now but im waiting. I haven't been able to move my 5th wheel in my back yard since June. i need to move it to start clearing my back yard. took down 4 pine trees to build my custom shed/man cave. i will wait for my truck. even though i need a truck today. all personal preference. you may break even or take a small loss a gamble your willing to take?

It’s not even D1 it’s minimum 2-3 months out to even maybe be built and that’s if I go D1 soon. then who knows how long shipping be I don’t expect it for several months just doing what I need to do.

Last edited:

owdiss78

Reaction score

And we been hearing they amping up production for weeks now ever since September shutdown… and dealers all around me have inventory with trucks with higher vins then my order!! I’m one of the trucks in limbo even skipped sunroof because rep told dealer it be here by end of year or January!! well I have not moved n don’t expect to anytime soon to many newer orders to be built and dealer inventory to fill

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
I’ve been frustrated up until now. Now I’m just plain mad!!! My truck is a 179 VIN and I’m just seeing that my dealer has taken delivery of two stock HDs recently that are 183 and 195. One is close to my specs and the other has a 5th wheel prep package (supposed to be a hangup in the supply chain). And they have both units priced 10k over sticker. I’m starting to think that some of the problems that members are having are on the dealer end. I have no doubt that they can have trucks delayed so we’ll lose interest and they can sell them to someone else for the markup in this crazy market! My guy initially told me he needed a deposit and then retracted it. Given the fact that sold orders are supposed to take priority, the fact that we’re seeing delays when their stock units are showing up without problems sure seems suspicious.

Anyone canceled an order and had it show up to be sold to someone else?

owdiss78

Reaction score
I’ve been frustrated up until now. Now I’m just plain mad!!! My truck is a 179 VIN and I’m just seeing that my dealer has taken delivery of two stock HDs recently that are 183 and 195. One is close to my specs and the other has a 5th wheel prep package (supposed to be a hangup in the supply chain). And they have both units priced 10k over sticker. I’m starting to think that some of the problems that members are having are on the dealer end. I have no doubt that they can have trucks delayed so we’ll lose interest and they can sell them to someone else for the markup in this crazy market! My guy initially told me he needed a deposit and then retracted it. Given the fact that sold orders are supposed to take priority, the fact that we’re seeing delays when their stock units are showing up without problems sure seems suspicious.

Yep I’m 176182 seeing same thing that’s why I’m not passing up a truck that is close to my order I found at a dealer and by the chart it was ordered maybe 2 days before mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

owdiss78

Reaction score

And I got affiliate pricing minus 1500 dealer discount and offered me 3000 more then ordered truck dealer offered

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread