Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
Barely any flights into LCH. From what I could tell, only serviced from Houston and Dallas currently.
Yes - small airport. Probably more expensive. But I absolutely hate driving in Houston area around airports.
In fairness its worse going back to airport (which you wont have to do) than getting out and if you have someone picking you up, its probably not that bad.

MrTaz

Reaction score
I was living in the Keys when I ordered… So I shopped there and the Miami area… got so fed up I didn’t even shop over here… very happy with the price I got from MD…
I didn't know the Keys had a Ram dealer. I know they have a Ford dealer because I considered working there.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Yeah… it’s one and the same… they sell Ford, Toyota and CDJR vehicles….
I don't know if I would want to take my vehicle to a dealer that services that many brands. The last time I saw them it was a small dealer that had a rusted out building. I wasn't impressed with what I saw as far as a possible place of employment.

Reaction score
my dealer has been fantastic with updates , i ordered august 30th, went into D on october 18th , i received a vin on the 18th as well and then i got a build date and a ship date of december 13th and ship on the 14th , it actually got built on december 14/15th and shipped on the 16th and put on a rail car on the 21st of december , the guys on here have been super helpful and willing to help you get status updates as well as and changes in the info
Thanks for reply !
Most help full your comment!
Not as long a wait time as I was expecting. I figured 5 to 6 months.
I intend to get aftermarket 35's tires . The max size for me. Not interested in larger tires. cost. & work involved in doing so.
It's my opinion 35's gives the truck a bolder stance !
It's no issue with the sales person I am dealing with.
Basic trim level with a few options especially ram boxes need extra storage.
How is your truck optioned out?

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I’m thinking heads up display is not available on any trim right now, including limited. I could be wrong, though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn’t need to be for me. I’m getting a HD truck so it’s a gen 4.5 cab. No heads up or anything.
In another couple years they’ll have a gen 5 cab available for the HD. Hopefully a different tranny but the Aisin is still a bad ass tranny. I can’t see nicer trim then in the current Limited going in anything. I’m quite happy. Well I’ll be quite happier once I have my truck in the driveway.
It seems they already pulled out all the stops. If they keep pushing up the price they’ll stop selling the highest trim packages in the numbers they need to make it worth it. I know I won’t pay 100k for a truck. I wouldn’t pay 94k (MSRP) except for the deal MD gives.

Last edited:

gpattikjr

Reaction score
Doesn’t need to be for me. I’m getting a HD truck so it’s a gen 4.5 cab. No heads up or anything.
In another couple years they’ll have a gen 5 cab available for the HD. Hopefully a different tranny but the Aisin is still a bad ass tranny. I can’t see nicer trim then in the current Limited going in anything. I’m quite happy. Well I’ll be quite happier once I have my truck in the driveway.
It seems they already pulled out all the stops. If they keep pushing up the price they’ll stop selling the highest trim packages in the numbers they need to make it worth it. I know I won’t pay 100k for a truck. I wouldn’t pay 94k (MSRP) except for the deal MD gives.
With the price of steel and cost of a shipping container quadrupled, the prices have to go down on the raw materials and supply side first.

MrTaz

Reaction score
This works! I just tried it! If you can get your railcar # you can track your truck!

In case you haven't found a site that shows how to track your truck by rail...here you go.

First you will need the rail car letters and numbers. It is on the visibility report or DORA which is from the dealership. You MAY be able to get it from the SVT people but they seem often in a cranky mood and may tell you to get it from the dealer.

Mine was two letters and 6 numbers from what I remember.

There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again.
The automated setup for UP doesn't work very well at all. After multiple tries I was unable to get it to accept the car number that I was trying to give it. I did find out that the CSX phone number also works if the car is being pulled by a UP train.

rossagge

Reaction score
I think that is only for their free delivery of up to 250 miles. I inquired and was told that if you use that service then your new truck is driven to you, not transported on a single flat bed or anything like that. Whoever drives your truck will then drive your trade in back if you are trading in.
What I don’t know is how the delivery works if you are not trading in. Whoever drove your truck will need a ride back. So I guess they will have a tail driver to return him back to his starting point.

Has anyone who got an airport delivery (obviously didn't trade in to MD) noticed a tail driver to bring back whoever delivered your truck?
Yes. They do have a second driver in a trailing vehicle. Both drivers were very professional and courteous. It looks like they hire drivers to do this. Same guys they prob use for dealer trades.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Firewall

Reaction score
My truck was loaded on a rail car on 12/27. The train departed the factory on 1/2 at 2:07am. Getting closer!
Hmmm, that's interesting, I assumed there would be no departures till tomorrow. Hopefully I'm on the same train! Make sure your truck doesn't bump into mine :)

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
My truck was loaded on a rail car on 12/27. The train departed the factory on 1/2 at 2:07am. Getting closer!
Wait a minute! Didn’t you order a million years ago? I was starting to think you were never going to get your truck. Must be someone else’s I’m thinking of.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
I dont have full tracking, but mine shows way points South San Antonio, TX, then Livonia, La where it spent several days in rail yard (holding area lots of parallel rail space but no unloading area 30 miles west of Port Allen), then Port Allen (again hollding area, big rail yard, but no unloading), then "Port Allen Railhead Railcar Ingate" (I think the last is a separate Port Allen rail depot where unloading occurs).

Do you know if the PA RailHead Ingate is called Addis, LA? That’s where mine arrived this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sconym

Reaction score
Wait a minute! Didn’t you order a million years ago? I was starting to think you were never going to get your truck. Must be someone else’s I’m thinking of.
Almost a million years ago! Dinosaurs were just starting their exit. Yes. First day order for me. May 7 order date.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Almost a million years ago! Dinosaurs were just starting their exit. Yes. First day order for me. May 7 order date.
Yeah I guess a million years may have been a small exaggeration on my part. But that was 64million years after dinosaurs. And they are what gave us oil. So you ordered your ram after dinosaurs but it was soooooo long ago I was thinking your dealer sold it out from under you. They still may have.
Glad you‘re finally getting it!

Users who are viewing this thread