Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

J-J

Reaction score
Saw multiple similar reports mid 2021 about all the changes coming for certain in 2022 model incl new Allison Transmission etc. First legitimate info was not until late August / early September and it pretty much matched +/- a few package changes that occurred after September orders were in.
I don't believe the transmission talk at all..the only thing I sort of believe is the cab and material upgrades late 23 to 24 year. But we will see..

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

ACEd

Reaction score
Mine is in Livonia LA. now and has been since 3 AM this morning. It will be interesting to see how long it's there before it starts moving again.
Mine stayed there almost a week. Only 30 miles to Port Allen if thats destination.

J-J

Reaction score
they lost me at more expensive lol. at 80k for a 22 Laramie 3500 drw 4x4. That's actually more than i should spend but i am buying myself a new truck after 19 yrs. last new truck i bought was my 2003 RAM 1500 with the 5.7 hemi. i have bought 2 used in between in 2012 i traded the ram in for a 99 f350 lbcc lariate 4x4 7.3 diesel. just sold that in June to pay off my debt to be able to purchase this 22. and i bought a 01 ford excursion limited 4x4 with the 7.3 55k original miles in 2018. still own it with 93k now. also thinking about selling it to fund a good portion of the 22 since they sell for a premium in my condition. but all in all ill be happy to receive my 22. they are beautiful eye candy as i watch you all get yours.
Yeah I'm wondering at this point where will it stop? These trucks are getting crazy high in prices. The only upgrades would be that bigger cab and better materials but I can't see them making the huge jump as I see trucks listed for 100k.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
i have shipped multiple vehicles from west coast California to Virginia x2 recently and both came in damaged. the cost was 950 for a 2005 ford explorer received in OCT of 21 the other was a Saturn car i think that was 850 back in 2019. Don't trust any broker i don't care who you use. They are that a middle man and try and find the cheapest carrier so they can make a profit as well. Door to door service is non existent in my experiences. One made me drive 30 mins to meet him in a Walmart parking lot claiming he couldn't get to where i am and hes full because it was a military housing and all the big semi moving companies come in there all day everyday. The most recent i told i would meet down the street had some hold up excuse so i made him unload by my house and he drove the car down the street both times i deducted 50.00 for inconveniences there is more to the story but keeping it short for here. Just be careful i would fly in and drive it home before i shipped my new 80k truck unless your going to put it enclosed and that's a few thousand dollars and they too damage cars. All they care about is getting you money and leaving so be careful.
Yeah, that settles it. My decision is made. I’m just gonna do the fly down drive back. Too much risk and I’m not into the stress. I’ll do Houston on a Friday morning and just start driving back the same day.

Hey @brv10 , you last told me I was at KZLD and I’m not seeing what that build code means. I’m guessing it’s the same as KZL, released but not shipped? Renae said mine was waiting for a rail assignment? Would you mind checking my status? NG189916

Last edited:

223500DRW

Reaction score
is that 5% off of Dealer invoice or MSRP big difference?
I got 3.13% off FWP locally. the difference between me buying local and going to MD was 2700. Plus i would have airfare, fuel, meals, and 1200 mile drive. the 2% difference didn't make since to save 1-1500 that's a difference of 12.00 a month., Id gladly give up a few energy drinks or coffee for that. Plus they told me only 45.00 of fuel is included in the 50 gallon tank. My dealer is filling it up and also i get free oil changes and vehicle inspections for life along with powertrain warranty for life if they do my services. I am a auto mechanic as well so i do all my own work used to work for dodge ram chrysler jeep as as heavyline/level 4 transmission technician.

223500DRW

Reaction score
Yeah I'm wondering at this point where will it stop? These trucks are getting crazy high in prices. The only upgrades would be that bigger cab and better materials but I can't see them making the huge jump as I see trucks listed for 100k.

bigger cab. i would hold out and buy myself maybe but bigger cab as in what 2 inches. not worth a wait for me. these trucks are beautiful now. if the market holds up to how it is now when those come in. maybe i would think about trading mine in or selling private party. but i only put 3 to 5 k miles on my vehicles a year if that. especially with my upcoming deployment ill be gone for over half a year if not a full year. We are told x months turns into 9 months than 10, 11, 12 there is no end. worse part of the job out to sea is a rough life style and counting down my 6 yrs till retirement.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
i have shipped multiple vehicles from west coast California to Virginia x2 recently and both came in damaged. the cost was 950 for a 2005 ford explorer received in OCT of 21 the other was a Saturn car i think that was 850 back in 2019. Don't trust any broker i don't care who you use. They are that a middle man and try and find the cheapest carrier so they can make a profit as well. Door to door service is non existent in my experiences. One made me drive 30 mins to meet him in a Walmart parking lot claiming he couldn't get to where i am and hes full because it was a military housing and all the big semi moving companies come in there all day everyday. The most recent i told i would meet down the street had some hold up excuse so i made him unload by my house and he drove the car down the street both times i deducted 50.00 for inconveniences there is more to the story but keeping it short for here. Just be careful i would fly in and drive it home before i shipped my new 80k truck unless your going to put it enclosed and that's a few thousand dollars and they too damage cars. All they care about is getting you money and leaving so be careful.
I agree with your synopsis, with the exception of don't trust a broker. You make it sound like we are crooks. Like any business, transport company, dealership or broker they all have their good companies and bad companies. Yes! Some brokers will take your truck and up sell you and then broker to the cheapest transporter so they can make the most money. My company did tons of business because we were honest. Our goal was to do the leg work for you and charge you $25. You can do it yourself and call several transport companies trying to get rates or you can pay a broker to do the leg work for you. I could send 1 email to several hundred transporters and get the best rate for the customer. That's not being a crook it's providing a service... We also had Insurance Certificates on file for every transporter under our umbrella. Try accomplishing that task alone and insure the certificate you receive is a genuine certificate. $25 worth of insurance for a 50K truck makes perfectly good sense to me. OH! BTW I no longer broker loads, I've since retired and sold my Broker Business so there is nothing in it for me. And Central Dispatch is nothing but an Automobile Transport Brokerage Firm.

Last edited:

CforHD

Reaction score
Only negatives I see are Houston Airports or New Orleans Airport these days are busy and not particularly people friendly facilities - Another option is Lake Charles airport - relative small airport but United and American used to service it - have not checked recently.
Barely any flights into LCH. From what I could tell, only serviced from Houston and Dallas currently.

CforHD

Reaction score
For any that are thinking of having your truck shipped. BE VERY CAREFUL! I’m gonna enquirer through Renae at MD as I’m guessing they probably know reputable services but last night on a whim (stupid) I went on line and got a million texts and emails (more stupid). What I gather is they are a bunch of brokers and it will be very easy to get scammed. You’d have to vet the crap out of not only the broker but the actual carrier as well. Watching some YouTube stuff now. May have found some reputable folks but I’m thinking it might not be cost effective vs risk taken. Lower risk carrier (a must) higher price vs just do a fly down to Huston or something and then a 2 day drive back.
I’m leaning on fly down drive back.
Ive got pricing from others all over the board. From $900 to $2000. Mercury Auto transport was $1110 but dude was a bit pushy and way too into warning me to stay away from everyone else. He did though have some good advice, I’ll give him that. He made sure I’m very skeptical and that helped. Helped so much I’ll just do the fly and drive.
Mark Dodge only uses Central Dispatch. Are you trying to find transport on your own? If so, why not use their service?

Scubaz66

Reaction score
So what’s their policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'd be better off speaking directly to the dealership. Ask for Aaron as I wouldn't want to jeopardize their business by trying to quote their policy. I did not purchase a truck from them because I didn't know they existed.

kleinma

Reaction score
Are you sure you want to pay the freight for such a long haul? Overall, would probably cost you more than if you just bought the rig in OR or WA. I’m buying from Dave Smith in Kellogg, ID.

I tried Dave Smith as I've purchased from them in the past but they wouldn't move off of MSRP. When deciding to move forward purchasing through Mark Dodge, the shipping cost was taken into account and I was still coming out ahead. My understanding it's anywhere from $1 - $2/mile or more if enclosed transport. Lots of food for thought with all the feedback from everyone. I've got plenty of time to figure it out (order date 12/15) but there is a lot to be said in controlling my own destiny by flying down and driving it back.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
This question is for anyone that had an old order (May-July) finally delivered, from Mark Dodge:

What was your initial trade in estimate vs what it was actually?

My initial was $65,000 but was only good for 90 days. Of course, it expired back in September. Hoping it’s close to same now!

CforHD

Reaction score
Please keep us updated on what MD says, i was going to ship my truck from them as well. I was assuming they would have reputable shippers lined up. Anyone have any actual experience with shipping from Mark Dodge?
I'm in the process now to have mine shipped.

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
Howdy folks, just checking in as I thought several might be wondering about me. We evacuated on moments notice Thursday afternoon, a bad fire pushed by 100 plus MPH winds heading our way. Our house was spared by two blocks to the south, and 5 to the west, thanks be to GOD.

And yes, I drove the new truck out through the heavy smoke and ash falling.

Was finally able to come home today, electric, but no gas and single digit temps. Got space heaters going to keep the pipes from freezing, and lots of blankets to keep me from freezing.

Firewall

Reaction score
Howdy folks, just checking in as I thought several might be wondering about me. We evacuated on moments notice Thursday afternoon, a bad fire pushed by 100 plus MPH winds heading our way. Our house was spared by two blocks to the south, and 5 to the west, thanks be to GOD.

Was finally able to come home today, electric, but no gas and single digit temps. Got space heaters going to keep the pipes from freezing, and lots of blankets to keep me from freezing.
Glad you are ok, my wife's niece, her husband and two small kids live there and had to evacuate as well. Scary stuff. Their house is ok, I guess it smells like smoke but no physical damage. Stay safe!

Scubaz66

Reaction score

Happy to know you and family are home and safe. Also that your home was spared. Sit in your new truck so you will have that warm fuzzy feeling from a new car smell. LOL May help keep you warm.... Right?

Users who are viewing this thread