Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

MrTaz

Reaction score
I haven't heard a word from my sales person since I was notified the truck was on a train. When finance contacted me about completing the paperwork I asked for pictures. I wasn't going to start any paperwork until I had pics to look at.
I don't blame you. I would want to see it in person before I signed on the dotted line. The down side to internet purchasing...

Last edited:

James_setz2784

Reaction score
I’m going to contact the dealer today to see if we can get Central Dispatch to go and pick the truck up. It could be here in a few hours doing that compared to a few weeks.

RummerRam

Reaction score
I‘m a newbie to Rams, I’ve owned a Chevy 3500 Duramax and a 2020 F350 Powerstroke (turned out to be a lemon :(. I’m putting together a build and will be hauling a truck camper in it. One thing I’m confused on is with a Laramie and a Big Horn I don’t see the Surround Camera as an option anywhere. I see it in the Tradesman and the Limited. Does anyone know if you have to go to either one of those just to get the surround camera system?

Here is the build I’ve been playing with options wise, I’d like it to be loaded and I would like the Aisin transmission so was thinking the HO Cummins, but not sure if that’s really worth it. I’m also debating the megacab vs the regular. Thanks for any input!

The Ramtruck build site is not fully accurate with the way you can build a POC at a dealer. The tow tech option is available. Sure would be nice if they actually spent the time to update the site.

Reactions: MT1

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I’m in the dreaded D status too and today I almost bought off a dealer lot but it wasn’t a HO but everything else was my ordered trucks twin
As far as I know, still in D status. Out of the many "ram chats" only once did someone give me a "ship date" of 01/02/22. We will see....3C6UR5ML4NG162264
RamChat should know you can't have a realistic ship date until your truck enters D1 status. To me even at F status, until the trucks exits the assembly line and goes through QC you don't have a firm ship date. Just my two cents......

Bkff17

Reaction score

JPNHigh

Reaction score
You ordered 10/16/21. Me too. And from MD. I was told they are waiting for a train. Hopefully we’re both on the next available! My build dat was 12/20. When was your build date?
10.19.21 Order date for me. Window sticker 12.20.21. MD order as well. Post any updates when you get them and I will do the same. Trying to plan dates to pick up from VA.

ACEd

Reaction score
I‘m a newbie to Rams, I’ve owned a Chevy 3500 Duramax and a 2020 F350 Powerstroke (turned out to be a lemon :(. I’m putting together a build and will be hauling a truck camper in it. One thing I’m confused on is with a Laramie and a Big Horn I don’t see the Surround Camera as an option anywhere. I see it in the Tradesman and the Limited. Does anyone know if you have to go to either one of those just to get the surround camera system?

Here is the build I’ve been playing with options wise, I’d like it to be loaded and I would like the Aisin transmission so was thinking the HO Cummins, but not sure if that’s really worth it. I’m also debating the megacab vs the regular. Thanks for any input!

I dont understand - it seems that option is no longer there and the Tow Tech pkg which included Truck Surround View is also gone. Parts shortage? I know there was a problem with Power Folding Mirrors a while back and some packages have been altered due to parts availability.

Suggest you talk to a dealer - one who knows packages and options - Sandi or Renae at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, La come to mind - someone posted their contact info a few pages back (and they will be best price if you dont mind the distance)

As to Megacab, I like mine, but you realize it is only available with shorter 6 ft bed (6 ft 4 in actual I believe) - make sure your camper will fit the shorter bed or if you need 8 ft bed, the Crew Cab is still pretty roomy. Also the Megacab is only available 4WD.

Or consider the Longhorn - my Longhorn Megacab was not much more than your build and I really like the interior. It still has the Tow Tech with Surround View

Last edited:

CforHD

Reaction score
I haven't heard a word from my sales person since I was notified the truck was on a train. When finance contacted me about completing the paperwork I asked for pictures. I wasn't going to start any paperwork until I had pics to look at.
Ah, I should have done the same. Well, don't take this the wrong way but glad I'm not the only one having a bad experience with the actual purchasing process lol.

A shame as most folks on this thread had an amazing experience.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score

It's in the Tech package on a Bighorn, I have it.

Attachments

• 20211119_160847.jpg
    20211119_160847.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 40

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I would check the calibration of your tire pressure gauge if you can. From my experience the tire sensors are usually not off more than a pound. I use a Fluke pressure/vacuum module on my Fluke digital meter to check mine. The Fluke module that I have measures down to a tenth of a pound and is factory calibrated. The factory tire sensors are usually off from a half a pound to one pound. I have had a couple in the past that were defective and were off by two pounds. They are like anything else that is mass produced. From a safety point of view they serve their intended purpose. If tire pressures are within three or four pounds of each other it's not much of a safety issue, although tire wear may be another issue. This whole tire pressure monitoring thing started back during the Ford Explorer fiasco when Explorers were rolling over which I believe was around 2001. I was a tech in a Ford dealership when this all occurred. From what I saw Firestone got a bum rap. I was seeing Explorers coming in for the tire recall that had tire pressures ranging from fifteen to twenty pounds and they should have been 32 pounds. When you combine that with a rack and pinion steering and a narrow tracking Explorer, the end results were not good. Shortly after that, the newer Explorers had a much wider track, which when combined with the existing rack and pinion steering that was used was now a much safer vehicle to drive. Following that was the beginning of tire air pressure monitoring systems. It all comes down to checking tire pressures at a minimum of twice a year when the seasons change but should be more often than that. Very few people when learning to drive these days are taught about maintenance of a vehicle like new drivers were taught years ago. Most don't realize they are taking their life in their own hands by not taking maintenance, especially tire maintenance more seriously.
I was a tech then too and went through that recall, loved those tires, it was Fords problem, now back to HD Rams....

buzzuti

Reaction score
The tire price hike has begun! I had a set of 35x12.50x20 Ridge Grapplers in my cart, on Amazon for about a week. They were originally $405 a tire. 2 days ago, it alerted me of a price increase to $417. Today, same alert!! Increased to $527!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah rubber seems to be the shortage flavor of the week.
Sucks, sounds like there will be impacts here in Q1 for tires. Hopefully orders do not get impacted.

cmh2007

Reaction score
If you have Ramboxes Add to your checklist Fit/Closure/Sealing

My drivers side Rambox lid does not seal against gasket when it closes.

Service appt almost as bad as waiting for truck 2 1/2 weeks before they can look at it
Why not just adjust the striker latch? Its a simple t30 bit if i recall correctly

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Diesel_Addict

Reaction score
Are the power deployed steps standard on the limited trucks? I ordered a loaded 3500 limited mega cab and I keep looking at the POC hoping I didn’t miss anything and that is the only thing I don’t see.

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
Are the power deployed steps standard on the limited trucks? I ordered a loaded 3500 limited mega cab and I keep looking at the POC hoping I didn’t miss anything and that is the only thing I don’t see.

Yes they are standard on limited.

Also, towing tech package isn’t showing on build and price but it’s available. I ordered a Laramie with it and all good.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Anyone who ordered a Big Horn with Package Option C and Sport Package with Bucket Seats can tell me if you received the full length center console? When you build the truck on the website and select Bucket Seats the software used populates a picture of an interior with the normal console not the full length console. Also, for those of you ordering new trucks and thinking about getting the Maximum Steel paint scheme it no longer shows this color available on the Big Horn. It may still be available on higher priced trucks like the Long Horn and Limited.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Anyone who ordered a Big Horn with Package Option C and Sport Package with Bucket Seats can tell me if you received the full length center console? When you build the truck on the website and select Bucket Seats the software used populates a picture of an interior with the normal console not the full length console. Also, for those of you ordering new trucks and thinking about getting the Maximum Steel paint scheme it no longer shows this color available on the Big Horn. It may still be available on higher priced trucks like the Long Horn and Limited.
From what I can tell if you select the bucket seats option you automatically get the full length console. Yes the Ram build site doesn’t show that in the virtual pics but every bucket seat truck I’ve looked at has had the full length console.

Users who are viewing this thread