Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

sconym

Reaction score
I just went and had lunch with my dealer and got some good info. My ETA to dealer is now 1/8 - 1/19 (05/07 order). That being said, he had a truck show up yesterday that was supposed to be delivered to the dealer in 2 weeks. The dealer software shows that this particular truck is still in a lot in AZ. He said the updates once a vehicle hits the train is not accurate at all, so my truck could be here tomorrow, or February.... He also said the number of sets of keys that were stolen was greater than originally thought. I heard numbers of 400 sets stolen originally, but he says it might be a thousand or more.... cant unload a truck without keys, and that is another potential reason for delays.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I just went and had lunch with my dealer and got some good info. My ETA to dealer is now 1/8 - 1/19 (05/07 order). That being said, he had a truck show up yesterday that was supposed to be delivered to the dealer in 2 weeks. The dealer software shows that this particular truck is still in a lot in AZ. He said the updates once a vehicle hits the train is not accurate at all, so my truck could be here tomorrow, or February.... He also said the number of sets of keys that were stolen was greater than originally thought. I heard numbers of 400 sets stolen originally, but he says it might be a thousand or more.... cant unload a truck without keys, and that is another potential reason for delays.
I disagree with the dealer stating the vehicle can't be tracked once it gets on a train or anywhere in the system for that fact. I use to manage a company who was responsible for transporting and tracking 10,000 GM vehicles monthly. I had several hundred transporters who moved these vehicles all over the country as well as by rail. Whenever GM wanted to know the whereabouts of any particular VIN I could provide this information within usually 30 minutes. We didn't have GPS back then. With today's GPS availability I could tell you the excate location of a vehicle most anywhere at most anytime. We had to maintain an average 3 day delivery schedule. Some took 5-7 days to deliver and some took 2-5 hours to deliver depending on Pickup and Destination. Occasionally a vehicle would become lost in the system because of laziness of a driver not checking a VIN prior to loading and dropping a wrong vehicle at the wrong location. Or a dealership wanted to hide this vehicle to use as their own personal vehicle and usually kept it hidden when a carrier showed up to retreive it. Crap Happens! Tell the transport company we can't provide them additional freight usually took care of the problem. We let GM deal with the dealership problems. The problem lies with having good people with good communication skills who are willing to do their job as well as good transport companies to deliver these assets. My office accomplished this task with myself, an assistant manager, a billing clerk, and 4-5 employees who's job was to assign the vehicles to the carriers and manage the details.

sconym

Reaction score
I disagree with the dealer stating the vehicle can't be tracked once it gets on a train or anywhere in the system for that fact. I use to manage a company who was responsible for transporting and tracking 10,000 GM vehicles monthly. I had several hundred transporters who moved these vehicles all over the country as well as by rail. Whenever GM wanted to know the whereabouts of any particular VIN I could provide this information within usually 30 minutes. We didn't have GPS back then. With today's GPS availability I could tell you the excate location of a vehicle most anywhere at most anytime. We had to maintain an average 3 day delivery schedule. Some took 5-7 days to deliver and some took 2-5 hours to deliver depending on Pickup and Destination. Occasionally a vehicle would become lost in the system because of laziness of a driver not checking a VIN prior to loading and dropping a wrong vehicle at the wrong location. Or a dealership wanted to hide this vehicle to use as their own personal vehicle and usually kept it hidden when a carrier showed up to retreive it. Crap Happens! Tell the transport company we can't provide them additional freight usually took care of the problem. We let GM deal with the dealership problems. The problem lies with having good people with good communication skills who are willing to do their job as well as good transport companies to deliver these assets. My office accomplished this task with myself, an assistant manager, a billing clerk, and 4-5 employees who's job was to assign the vehicles to the carriers and manage the details.
I hear ya.... He didnt say they cant be tracked. He said that tracking is often inaccurate / delayed. What my dealer said also falls right in line with what @brv10 and a couple of others have said though as well regarding the tracking it being hit and miss.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I hear ya.... He didnt say they cant be tracked. He said that tracking is often inaccurate / delayed. What my dealer said also falls right in line with what @brv10 and a couple of others have said though as well regarding the tracking it being hit and miss.
OK..... Let me take out the words "Can't be tracked" I miss communicated. Regardless it still all comes down to laziness or inability to communicate because the means to track these vehicles today are Top Notch! It all comes down to having the right players in the right positions........ FCA is a very large company with lots of different departments and may need to outsource their tracking or customer service details to a better company. Trust me! If (bvr10) was running the tracking and answering phones/chat lines/email for Ram Chat we would all know where our vehicles were in shipment. He has his crap together! We Members are lucky to have him on this Forum. If anyone from FCA is monitoring this Forum hopefully they are taking notes.

noknock116

Reaction score
Who did you order through? Your November build date gives me hope of seeing mine in January. I’m having to rent trucks to get by and it’s getting old.
Napleton CJD in River Oaks (Chicago Area). Ram Chat just told me today it will be between 01/01-01/10 now.

dperry149

Reaction score
My dealer supposedly called the RAM rep today and is now telling me it looks like the truck should arrive between mid or end of Jan. :rolleyes:

dperry149

Reaction score
I would be interested to hear more about this "stolen key" incident. where, why, and how?

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
Crazy that I ordered my truck exactly a week before you, and I already have 17K miles on mine, and yours still hasnt hit the dealer yet.

sconym

Reaction score
Crazy that I ordered my truck exactly a week before you, and I already have 17K miles on mine, and yours still hasnt hit the dealer yet.
Damn! Did yours come as a '22 model or a '21? What did you order???

dperry149

Reaction score
Got a call from the dealer today. My truck has arrived at the dealership. I am having them remove the decal from the bed which should have been deleted with the Level 3 group but was not. Picking it up tomorrow! Great New Year's Eve present to me!
congrats!!!

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Yep!
We share the same sickness - I’ve watched every video on YouTube on our trucks, read every review and built countless configurations. I’ve taken to watching a particular YouTube video with my configuration every few days to remind myself why it’s worth the wait.
As @James_setz2784 said and is totally correct, the wait is much worse knowing your truck is built. Brutal!
Today on my job (I am a general contractor and don’t take holidays off) one of my subs is driving a 2019 Ram diesel and it all but killed me.
I think my truck is sitting at the beach in Mexico having a siesta while I’m sitting here working my ass off dying for my new truck!

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Maximum steel metallic. It changes color some in different light.
Almost went with that color. I like it a lot! Those photos hurt, thanks. Remember a lot of us are gluttons for punishment. So y’all should post more so we all can suffer more.

ACEd

Reaction score
If you have Ramboxes Add to your checklist Fit/Closure/Sealing

My drivers side Rambox lid does not seal against gasket when it closes.

Service appt almost as bad as waiting for truck 2 1/2 weeks before they can look at it

Icky

Reaction score
@Lee Iacocca Hey Grumpy, I think I read that you have Covid? Now I haven’t seen you lurking in a week. You mind letting us know your OK!? I figured a stupid little virus like Covid would be afraid of your old cantankerous self.
How you liking your truck?
Shows last seen today at 248pm (pst)

Users who are viewing this thread