Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

RonJohnson06

Reaction score
LOL Another newbie who wants to skip the first 1000 pages. The answers are in the pages, "March yourself back to page 1 and suffer reading and taking notes like the rest of us"! In all seriousness there are zero direct answers that make 100% truth. One Member may get lucky and get a good honest answer from RAMChat. The next 100 Members not so much. A few Members have luck with their dealership, many don't. FCA and the Factory its self can't give you direct answers either via email/phone. The Rail Shipping companies won't provide you shipping information unless you work for them or are a direct customer and use their rail cars for mass shipping. A couple Members (who knew the Rail Car Number their truck was loaded on) were able to use the automated system to get some information, but could never talk to an actual Customer Service Rep. What works for one Member doesn't necessarily work for the next Member.

There are many Members on this Forum who can provide some good information, but I suggest you ask direct questions and supply the 8 digit VIN# when requesting information. ALL trucks are tracked by VIN. I also suggest you pester the heck out of your sales person at the dealership, especially if you are paying MSRP and above for your new truck. Your sales person has the ability to track your order.

And last, Hey! It's the holidays so people, who know people, who know what is happening, are enjoying time away from work just like the rest of us. Hopefully after the first of the year things will get back to somewhat normal.

Happy Holidays! Good Luck with your search and congratulations on the purchase of your new truck! You're going to be blown away when/if it actually shows up. May order? You deserve some serious answers my friend.......
Thanks! I’m fortunate that I’m not in a need situation with the order. I’m replacing a 2017 Rebel - I’m getting by fine. But, yes, it has been 7 months now. When I ordered, they had closed 2021 orders but didn’t yet have pricing for 2022 so he committed to 2021 pricing so I’m about $3k under MSRP. Long wait, but it‘s all good.
Thanks for the detailed reply! Mine is line #60 on the spreadsheet.

Coonhound

Reaction score
I'm with you guys and your sickness. Not sure if it's better or worst but I can't find another Big Horn Silver (aka silver package) ANYWHERE.

I've searched the internet countless times for pictures or video. Not even the generic computer images that Ram has seem to be accurate for this package. One guy on here said he ordered one and found a dealer in Alaska that had a silver on the lot. The salesman snapped only a half way decent picture of the front end. Kinda like getting an image of Sasquatch as he's disappearing behind a tree.

Last edited:

zGhillie

Reaction score
Another update on my train ride it’s at the border crossing at piedras negras at 9pm last night going to eagle pass on the American side. Dealer says won’t take long to come to Kansas City once it crosses over. My estimated arrival date moved from the 13th to the 9th no
Curious what dealer did you use? My POC says it is in the Denver region. Will it off load in KC without going to Denver?
Yea the Kansas counts as the Denver region. Ordered from airport dodge in KC

Rockman

Reaction score
My sales lady just texted me
My truck is in G status
They are building Limited DRW
It’s really just sitting in an empty plant since the 23rd.. mine is prob a few ahead or behind you. G status since 23rd. Plant should start back up on Jan 3rd..

Scvette

Reaction score
Thought I’d check with Ram chat to see when my truck would show up at the dealership. Last week it said 12/23-1/3/22. Today I got David on Ram chat. He tells me it’s scheduled to ship soon and no other info. I told him I know my truck is in Portland,Or as I had the rail car number and tracked it, he came back very short saying that’s the info he has and basically have a good day and disconnected me. I left a not so nice survey, although it won’t matter at all. Hoping to see it today, but doubtful, probably be sometime next week.

WorldYeti

Reaction score
Is yours sitting at Barnes Yard in Portland? Mine has supposedly been there for a week. Salesman initially said it would be about a week for it to hit the lot. Now they told me a little bit of snow has delayed it (roads are clear) and they have no idea when it will get to the lot. I’d go get it myself if they’d let me. The yard is only 20 minutes from the dealer. Frustrating.
Yep, mine has been stuck there for weeks.

Scvette

Reaction score
Mines sitting in Barnes Yard waiting to be trucked to Aberdeen,Wa. Was told 12/23-1/3. Hope to see it today but doubt it, probably sometime next week.
Is yours sitting at Barnes Yard in Portland? Mine has supposedly been there for a week. Salesman initially said it would be about a week for it to hit the lot. Now they told me a little bit of snow has delayed it (roads are clear) and they have no idea when it will get to the lot. I’d go get it myself if they’d let me. The yard is only 20 minutes from the dealer. Frustrating.

324nemt

Reaction score
Picked it up yesterday. 2022 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Laramie. Ordered on July 8. 25 weeks. A long wait, but it is sweet. To everyone with a long wait. It’s frustrating I know and I was frustrated with the wait. My dealer also frustrated with the situation. Traded in a 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie. Hang in there your truck will show!!

Attachments

• A9475AF3-78D6-414B-9FCC-F2669610AFA1.jpeg
    A9475AF3-78D6-414B-9FCC-F2669610AFA1.jpeg
    808.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 0EDAFBBC-638D-4A44-AB3C-DCCD7A6691A9.jpeg
    0EDAFBBC-638D-4A44-AB3C-DCCD7A6691A9.jpeg
    661.3 KB · Views: 94
  • FEF6FB6C-6E68-4BBC-93F3-E1B13A8A5603.jpeg
    FEF6FB6C-6E68-4BBC-93F3-E1B13A8A5603.jpeg
    617 KB · Views: 92
  • CAADCEA6-34E6-47CA-B98E-05A6BCC812DB.jpeg
    CAADCEA6-34E6-47CA-B98E-05A6BCC812DB.jpeg
    502.2 KB · Views: 94
  • WindowSticker 3500 2022.pdf
    70.8 KB · Views: 34

bjwantz

Reaction score
I'm with you guys and your sickness. Not sure if it's better or worst but I can't find another Big Horn Silver (aka silver package) ANYWHERE.

I've searched the internet countless times for pictures or video. Not even the generic computer images that Ram has seem to be accurate for this package. One guy on here said he ordered one and found a dealer in Alaska that had a silver on the lot. The salesman snapped only a half way decent picture of the front end. Kinda like getting an image of Sasquatch as he's disappearing behind a tree.

I missed out on being able to order a silver edition. But, like you, I can’t find one just to see what I’m missing! It’s like a unicorn. Something that lives only in myths and legends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorldYeti

Reaction score
Mines sitting in Barnes Yard waiting to be trucked to Aberdeen,Wa. Was told 12/23-1/3. Hope to see it today but doubt it, probably sometime next week.
I'd be happy if I could get my truck next week. After I got the window sticker on 11/15, I had an ETA to dealer of 12/15 - 12/31. When 12/15 came around, checked with RAM chat and it moved to 12/20 - 12/31. Checked with RAM chat again on 12/20 and it moved to 12/25 - 1/8. I've not checked with RAM chat again because watching the ETA shift out further is just depressing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us that our trucks arrive in the next few days.

James_setz2784

Reaction score
I'd be happy if I could get my truck next week. After I got the window sticker on 11/15, I had an ETA to dealer of 12/15 - 12/31. When 12/15 came around, checked with RAM chat and it moved to 12/20 - 12/31. Checked with RAM chat again on 12/20 and it moved to 12/25 - 1/8. I've not checked with RAM chat again because watching the ETA shift out further is just depressing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us that our trucks arrive in the next few days.
It's more depressing watching your ETA come and go lol

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Thought I’d check with Ram chat to see when my truck would show up at the dealership. Last week it said 12/23-1/3/22. Today I got David on Ram chat. He tells me it’s scheduled to ship soon and no other info. I told him I know my truck is in Portland,Or as I had the rail car number and tracked it, he came back very short saying that’s the info he has and basically have a good day and disconnected me. I left a not so nice survey, although it won’t matter at all. Hoping to see it today, but doubtful, probably be sometime next week.
He must have gotten coal in his stocking for Christmas. People who don't like people should never work in a Customer Service position..... This is why I don't contact RamChat, because I usually already know more from this Forum than what RamChat knows..... LOL

jambram

Reaction score
Picked it up yesterday. 2022 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Laramie. Ordered on July 8. 25 weeks. A long wait, but it is sweet. To everyone with a long wait. It’s frustrating I know and I was frustrated with the wait. My dealer also frustrated with the situation. Traded in a 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie. Hang in there your truck will show!!
Is your dealer Northern Prairie Auto by chance?:p:D front licence plate, window sticker, tailgate decal and mud flaps!

Scubaz66

Reaction score
What color is that? Looks Blackish or a very dark grey. Window Sticker and Pictures of truck don't match.

jambram

Reaction score
What color is that? Looks Blackish or a very dark grey. Window Sticker and Pictures of truck don't match.
Window sticker say Maximum Steel. My understanding is that it kinda color shifts a bit depending on surrounding light.

Users who are viewing this thread