Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Coonhound

Reaction score
RamChat /ram customer service has been telling me the same for weeks. Talked to brv10 this morning and he was able to tell me my truck was actually JS status and had been JSLD for a bit. My suspicion is mine was held up waiting for aftermarket parts or there was a quality control problem. You may be in the same boat.
Sounds like a pretty large # of us were held up at the vendor for weeks and just recently released. I've been talking to a couple other guys in the same boat. My bet is we were waiting for the 5th wheel, which I didn't even want. Didn't realize it was part of my build. Oh well, now there's a bunch of us waiting on the next ride out of Mexico. Hopefully the train is running on time and Casey Jones ain't high on cocaine.

Coonhound

Reaction score
Nope! Your right on that! In your previous post that I replied to it said your estimated ship date was 1/30. I definitely don’t want to be on your train!
Believe it or not I actually want my truck about 5 months ago. As patient as I am every day is sucking the life out of me! My mason was on my job today with his 2019 Laramie and it started me drooling all over again.
Last month I was very patient. I’ll get it when I get it. Today, well, not patient. I want it NOW!
The line about sucking the life out of you... I feel that. My brother in solidarity. The struggle is real.

Dan222500

Reaction score
@Mobrules
Welcome to the party!
Most buyers receive a vin within 48 hours. I had a vin within 48 hours.
I ordered 10/15 and have a build date of 1/30. some others with similar options, who ordered around the same date, have already been built. Luck of the draw it seems.
read through this thread and you’ll gain a ton of knowledge.
cheers!
How did you find out your build date?

Smo

Reaction score
Checked with Ram Chat today and still in D status ordered 11/09/21…‘22 2500 limited MC Night Edition SRW sunroof, rambox, off-road package, snow chief, level 1 equipment package. Looks like a lot of limited mega cabs are skipped for other configurations

cmh2007

Reaction score
My dealer just told me they are expecting 24 cars/trucks in the next two days. But they don’t know which cars/trucks are coming in. So I could either have a sweet New Year’s Eve gift or get screwed lol like always
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

jambram

Reaction score
I ordered my truck on 11/16/21 and the VIN is 3C6UR5TL4NG208483. It’s a 2500 Limited with almost everything added. I, like many on here ordered from Sandi at MD because of this forum. I saved $10,800 from the lowest price that I got here in South Carolina. It’s only been 6 weeks but y’all know how that goes and I couldn’t wait anymore for an update. I hit up Ram Chat this evening and was told my truck has all the parts to build and just waiting in line. Is that the standard reply everyone gets at my point?

The interesting part is that they told me they are no longer using the letter code system. Has anyone else heard this?

I would love a good update from someone here too if possible please.
Only RamChat isn't using the letter code system. Ram definitely is.

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty large # of us were held up at the vendor for weeks and just recently released. I've been talking to a couple other guys in the same boat. My bet is we were waiting for the 5th wheel, which I didn't even want. Didn't realize it was part of my build. Oh well, now there's a bunch of us waiting on the next ride out of Mexico. Hopefully the train is running on time and Casey Jones ain't high on cocaine.
Hahaha! Let’s hope. Yeah, my truck had the 5th wheel on the build. That may be THE thing. Who knows at this point. I’m just hoping things get moving next week!

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
The line about sucking the life out of you... I feel that. My brother in solidarity. The struggle is real.
The struggle is real. Made better earlier 500 pages ago by folks getting their trucks. Now, not so much. Worse seeing all these happy new Ram owners. The struggle is real.

Dgprints

Reaction score
2500 Big Horn ordered on 11/05/21. Serial # 3C6UR5DL3NG194980. D1 on 11/30/21. KZLD on 12/06/21. Progression was good until shipping kept getting delayed.
Supposedly arriving TOMORROW. Not holding my breath. Seriously getting tired of watching Youtube videos of this truck ‍
Who did you order through? Your November build date gives me hope of seeing mine in January. I’m having to rent trucks to get by and it’s getting old.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I

I didn’t do it on my 2015 Ram 5.7 and have 166,000 miles on it and seems to be as good as it was with 100 miles. The one thing I did do different was throw those ridiculous oil change intervals out the window and changed it every 4000-4500 miles . Can the dealership really cut it off and if so what would be the advantage. Just wondering for food for thought.
The dealer may or may not or want to turn it off, you will probably need the engineering screen to access it, I rarely see my light come on, not like my 1500 at all.

Icky

Reaction score
Checked with Ram Chat today and still in D status ordered 11/09/21…‘22 2500 limited MC Night Edition SRW sunroof, rambox, off-road package, snow chief, level 1 equipment package. Looks like a lot of limited mega cabs are skipped for other configurations
I have a 3500 limited Mega Cab night edition on order, I was curious if they were going to knock a bunch of them out at once.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Question for those members who have already picked up their trucks with the Hemi V8 Gas engines or are getting ready to take delivery soon. Are you breaking in your new engine with MDS on or off? I know today's engines don't really need the break in period of yesterday's engines, but I'm still old school. I will be driving my truck the first day over 500 miles to get it home. Not sure I want the MDS system cutting in and out and not giving all 8 cylinders a good workout to seat the rings, etc. Maybe after the first 1000 miles turn it back on. I know you can temporarly turn the system off without a turner or paying the dealer $150-$300 to turn it off permanently. Curious as to others thoughts on this system. This is my first time owning a truck with the MDS System.
I have MDS on my 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and I can't tell that it's even there. Also there is no way to turn it off on the settings that I has access to.

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
I have MDS on my 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and I can't tell that it's even there. Also there is no way to turn it off on the settings that I has access to.
Using the TOW / HAUL option will disable the MDS, I think it also locks out 8th gear ( with the old 6 speeds it locked out 6th).

Also, with the old transmission at least .... if utilized the manual shifting buttons on the steering wheel and selected the high gear, that would also disable MDS. Once you place the trans in park it would default back to "auto" mode which would enable MDS.

I don't have my truck yet to confirm (sitting at the dealer) but maybe someone who's pimping around in theirs can try both and report back.

XIKJACK

Reaction score
On Tuesday, I’ll I call my salesman and told him I was PO. I told him I called Ram they told me my truck (NG100558) is in the delivery stage to the dealership and to call them for a better update. The last update the dealership has in November 18. How long does it take for delivery? I told my sale man I’m just about to cancel my order and get a refund on $1000. He said he would talked to his GM to see if he could find out something and would call me back or text me. That was on Tuesday. I guess I’m going to the dealership today and see if I can’t get some answers.

James_setz2784

Reaction score
On Tuesday, I’ll I call my salesman and told him I was PO. I told him I called Ram they told me my truck (NG100558) is in the delivery stage to the dealership and to call them for a better update. The last update the dealership has in November 18. How long does it take for delivery? I told my sale man I’m just about to cancel my order and get a refund on $1000. He said he would talked to his GM to see if he could find out something and would call me back or text me. That was on Tuesday. I guess I’m going to the dealership today and see if I can’t get some answers.
You still never got your truck still??

Lary0071

Reaction score
This is a story of 2 trucks and how unpredictable this is.

Mine ordered and delivered in just under 4 months. Mine got off a train in Lordstown and the next day loaded to a truck, the next day to Ron Lewis Ram an hour away.

My buddy ordered and delivered in just under 6 months. His got off a train in Lordstown, spent almost a month deep in line to get loaded to a truck, he was so pissed that he nearly walked on the deal out of frustration multiple times. After nearly a month with the truck sitting, it finally got loaded to a truck and moved to Ron Lewis.

No one can actually tell you how long it takes. My buddies took a month longer to get built and a month longer to get moved the last 60 miles. Same dealer.

2022 Patriot Blue 3500 Dually Limited Longhorn 6.7L with 4.11 gears.

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
I have a 3500 limited Mega Cab night edition on order, I was curious if they were going to knock a bunch of them out at once.
Same here... it's definitely interesting what options appear to be restricted/ cause order delays.

XIKJACK

Reaction score
This is a story of 2 trucks and how unpredictable this is.

Mine ordered and delivered in just under 4 months. Mine got off a train in Lordstown and the next day loaded to a truck, the next day to Ron Lewis Ram an hour away.

My buddy ordered and delivered in just under 6 months. His got off a train in Lordstown, spent almost a month deep in line to get loaded to a truck, he was so pissed that he nearly walked on the deal out of frustration multiple times. After nearly a month with the truck sitting, it finally got loaded to a truck and moved to Ron Lewis.

No one can actually tell you how long it takes. My buddies took a month longer to get built and a month longer to get moved the last 60 miles. Same dealer.

2022 Patriot Blue 3500 Dually Limited Longhorn 6.7L with 4.11 gears.
I’m not sure why mine took a ship to Baltimore since I’m in North Huntington going to Jim Shorkey

Users who are viewing this thread