Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Dgprints

Reaction score
I ordered my truck on 11/16/21 and the VIN is 3C6UR5TL4NG208483. It’s a 2500 Limited with almost everything added. I, like many on here ordered from Sandi at MD because of this forum. I saved $10,800 from the lowest price that I got here in South Carolina. It’s only been 6 weeks but y’all know how that goes and I couldn’t wait anymore for an update. I hit up Ram Chat this evening and was told my truck has all the parts to build and just waiting in line. Is that the standard reply everyone gets at my point?

The interesting part is that they told me they are no longer using the letter code system. Has anyone else heard this?

I would love a good update from someone here too if possible please.

kwick66

Reaction score
I ordered my truck on 11/16/21 and the VIN is 3C6UR5TL4NG208483. It’s a 2500 Limited with almost everything added. I, like many on here ordered from Sandi at MD because of this forum. I saved $10,800 from the lowest price that I got here in South Carolina. It’s only been 6 weeks but y’all know how that goes and I couldn’t wait anymore for an update. I hit up Ram Chat this evening and was told my truck has all the parts to build and just waiting in line. Is that the standard reply everyone gets at my point?

The interesting part is that they told me they are no longer using the letter code system. Has anyone else heard this?

I believe that you have progressed the first step, from D to D1.
hit up Sandi for an update, request the production date.

i wouldn’t think that they went away from the code system, and I would assume that they just won’t give you the code status Via Ram chat

Last edited:

Jtwes

Reaction score
I
We ordered almost same day. I ordered on 10/15 but my order says 10/16 and I too ordered from MD. Last update from brother BRV10 said I’m KZLD. Maybe we’ll be on the same train.
I would like my truck. Just kinda. Like a weee bit. It would go great with me accessories.
I Like your order date better. It my Birthday.

pete2833

Reaction score
Thanks, I just put them on today and maybe put 10 miles on them. Mounted well, balanced well and seem to be a little quieter than the Ridges that I had last on my other truck. They seem to ride good so far.
What size did you go with ?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

Sounds like D1 status. Ramchat (online chat) either won’t give you any status codes, or they are not fed that information from whatever system they use to access the info. If you call and speak to a representative over the phone, and if you’re lucky, you might get someone that can quote you the status (code) over the phone. I think out of 20 calls this might have happened to me two or three times. Your dealer can access the status much more readily. You’re best bet for up to date info is through a certain select few individuals in this group who can access that info.

Ram most definitely still uses the build codes to indicate progression through the build process:
aa82df4eca882bb3ddada46945693efe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jtwes

Reaction score
I
Question for those members who have already picked up their trucks with the Hemi V8 Gas engines or are getting ready to take delivery soon. Are you breaking in your new engine with MDS on or off? I know today's engines don't really need the break in period of yesterday's engines, but I'm still old school. I will be driving my truck the first day over 500 miles to get it home. Not sure I want the MDS system cutting in and out and not giving all 8 cylinders a good workout to seat the rings, etc. Maybe after the first 1000 miles turn it back on. I know you can temporarly turn the system off without a turner or paying the dealer $150-$300 to turn it off permanently. Curious as to others thoughts on this system. This is my first time owning a truck with the MDS Sys
I didn’t do it on my 2015 Ram 5.7 and have 166,000 miles on it and seems to be as good as it was with 100 miles. The one thing I did do different was throw those ridiculous oil change intervals out the window and changed it every 4000-4500 miles . Can the dealership really cut it off and if so what would be the advantage. Just wondering for food for thought.

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
@brv10 if the plant is shut down this week for Christmas, are they still loading the rail cars? Ramchat says in the shipping stage, but knows nothing other than that.
RamChat /ram customer service has been telling me the same for weeks. Talked to brv10 this morning and he was able to tell me my truck was actually JS status and had been JSLD for a bit. My suspicion is mine was held up waiting for aftermarket parts or there was a quality control problem. You may be in the same boat.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I hope mine is on your train!

But, since mine is 6 weeks later than your build, I hope yours isn’t on my train.
You ordered 10/16/21. Me too. And from MD. I was told they are waiting for a train. Hopefully we’re both on the next available! My build dat was 12/20. When was your build date?

kwick66

Reaction score
You ordered 10/16/21. Me too. And from MD. I was told they are waiting for a train. Hopefully we’re both on the next available! My build dat was 12/20. When was your build date?
my build date is 1/30 lol
You don’t want to be on my train amigo !

noknock116

Reaction score
I believe that you have progressed the first step, from D to D1.
hit up Sandi for an update, request the production date.

i wouldn’t think that they went away from the code system, and I would assume that they just won’t give you the code status Via Ram chat
Who's Sandi? I've gone through RamChat and my dealer for info. Hit or miss. Truck supposed to arrive tomorrow but I highly doubt it.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
my build date is 1/30 lol
You don’t want to be on my train amigo !
Nope! Your right on that! In your previous post that I replied to it said your estimated ship date was 1/30. I definitely don’t want to be on your train!
Believe it or not I actually want my truck about 5 months ago. As patient as I am every day is sucking the life out of me! My mason was on my job today with his 2019 Laramie and it started me drooling all over again.
Last month I was very patient. I’ll get it when I get it. Today, well, not patient. I want it NOW!

noknock116

Reaction score
2500 Big Horn ordered on 11/05/21. Serial # 3C6UR5DL3NG194980. D1 on 11/30/21. KZLD on 12/06/21. Progression was good until shipping kept getting delayed.
Supposedly arriving TOMORROW. Not holding my breath. Seriously getting tired of watching Youtube videos of this truck ‍

Coonhound

Reaction score
Sounds like D1 status. Ramchat (online chat) either won’t give you any status codes, or they are not fed that information from whatever system they use to access the info. If you call and speak to a representative over the phone, and if you’re lucky, you might get someone that can quote you the status (code) over the phone. I think out of 20 calls this might have happened to me two or three times. Your dealer can access the status much more readily. You’re best bet for up to date info is through a certain select few individuals in this group who can access that info.

Ram most definitely still uses the build codes to indicate progression through the build process:
aa82df4eca882bb3ddada46945693efe.jpg

Where do you go to see that screen? I've seen screenshots like this before.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Where do you go to see that screen? I've seen screenshots like this before.

It has to be given to you by someone who works for FCA / Stellantis and can access the info from their system. Unfortunately there’s no way to see it from the consumer side.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I

I didn’t do it on my 2015 Ram 5.7 and have 166,000 miles on it and seems to be as good as it was with 100 miles. The one thing I did do different was throw those ridiculous oil change intervals out the window and changed it every 4000-4500 miles . Can the dealership really cut it off and if so what would be the advantage. Just wondering for food for thought.
Same thing I'm wondering. I know Chevy's system isn't functional from my experience. I think RAM has a better designed MDS System, but I have no experience with it as I do Chevy. I've read you can temporarily turn it off when you want full towing power or when you are off road in 4x4 and need the additional power. Since I want to ensure all parts of the engine are functioning properly, I want to temporarly disable it for my trip home to ensure every part of the engine preforms flawlessly and to evenly break in all parts of the engine. After the first 1000 miles I'll probably just leave it on for better gas mileage unless I'm towing my 5th wheel and need the power.

Users who are viewing this thread