Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

WorldYeti

Reaction score
Just got this from my dealer. The transport truckers don't want to haul large pickup trucks because they can't haul as many at one time and they get paid per vehicle. So.... our trucks get left at the storage yard until all the small stuff is gone.
Yep, I’m in that exact situation myself. My truck has been sitting in the rail yard for weeks. I’ve realized that the ETA to the dealership is completely meaningless. Basically the the wait time from getting the truck from rail yard to dealership is unbounded and indefinite.

I have to say that this system does seem a bit broken.

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
Yep, I’m in that exact situation myself. My truck has been sitting in the rail yard for weeks. I’ve realized that the ETA to the dealership is completely meaningless. Basically the the wait time from getting the truck from rail yard to dealership is unbounded and indefinite.

I have to say that this system does seem a bit broken.
I would be livid if my order was as old as other members’. I am just a touch over 12 weeks into all this. My last update was window sticker on 12/7. I am just north of the border in South Texas and it sounds like my truck is at the plant waiting on a truck as well. The trucking side does seem to be a major problem! The scary part about your truck sitting that long in storage is that every day it’s delayed the chance that key fobs are are stolen etc goes up! Ram does need to take a look at the problem because it is undoubtedly leading to more problems.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
that sounds like a contract issue to me. Ask them how much they will pay you to go get it. isn't that why the destination charge for those trucks is so high?
I know for a fact what the poster stated is very true! The more units they can get on a load the better the pay. I was VP of a company called Millennium Auto Transport as well as having several hundred automobile transport companies who hauled autos for General Motors. And yes, I agree, it's a contract issue however, like all other contracts until the issue is forced the larger units such as our HD Trucks (Especially the 3500 DRW) will continue to set until nothing else is available to fill a load. I just literally got off the phone with my dealer and he states he cannot talk with the transport company directly, but has to contact his factory rep regarding when the unit will be transported to his dealership. What this tells me is, even though the unit is delivered to the rail yard the factory still has control of when you will actually receive your truck. It's another waiting game for sure.......... It will happen when it happens........

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
I know for a fact what the poster stated is very true! The more units they can get on a load the better the pay. I was VP of a company called Millennium Auto Transport as well as having several hundred automobile transport companies who hauled autos for General Motors. And yes, I agree, it's a contract issue however, like all other contracts until the issue is forced the larger units such as our HD Trucks (Especially the 3500 DRW) will continue to set until nothing else is available to fill a load. I just literally got off the phone with my dealer and he states he cannot talk with the transport company directly, but has to contact his factory rep regarding when the unit will be transported to his dealership. What this tells me is, even though the unit is delivered to the rail yard the factory still has control of when you will actually receive your truck. It's another waiting game for sure.......... It will happen when it happens........
It does make sense,
No doubt that this is true, but dperry got me to wondering… Just for grins I looked up a Dodge Charger window sticker. Destination is roughly $300 less than our HD trucks. I don’t know how much of that would be passed to a driver, but even if they pocketed the entire $300 difference it would still be more profitable to take the smaller units.

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
There have been a few with that threat. Ram doesn’t care. Someone else will buy the truck when it shows up.
I will say this about Ford. My father in-law ordered a super duty at roughly the same time I ordered my truck. His timeline has been comparable but Ford has been more user friendly with communication. He has received an update email every time his truck entered a new stage. Not like the old “pulling teeth” routine we hear so much about from the members here.

dperry149

Reaction score
It does make sense,

No doubt that this is true, but dperry got me to wondering… Just for grins I looked up a Dodge Charger window sticker. Destination is roughly $300 less than our HD trucks. I don’t know how much of that would be passed to a driver, but even if they pocketed the entire $300 difference it would still be more profitable to take the smaller units.

Not to mention the fact that the dealers are making more money on the high demand big trucks right now. you would think they would be raising a stink as well.

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that the dealers are making more money on the high demand big trucks right now. you would think they would be raising a stink as well.
They probably are complaining on their stock units, but the Sold orders don’t have the same profit margin. That’s why there are high VIN number trucks sitting in lots while we wait!

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I will say this about Ford. My father in-law ordered a super duty at roughly the same time I ordered my truck. His timeline has been comparable but Ford has been more user friendly with communication. He has received an update email every time his truck entered a new stage. Not like the old “pulling teeth” routine we hear so much about from the members here.
This is true. It seems like Ford does give their customers a better ordering experience. Ram has gone backwards

briggDD

Reaction score
Can you point me to your choice on temp PPF? I am between that and straight-up blue painters tape...seriously. I only have about 15+ miles to go from dealer to home...but another 50+ from home to PPF shop. So......looking for those options you said.
My PPF guy recommended this

WorldYeti

Reaction score
I would be livid if my order was as old as other members’. I am just a touch over 12 weeks into all this. My last update was window sticker on 12/7. I am just north of the border in South Texas and it sounds like my truck is at the plant waiting on a truck as well. The trucking side does seem to be a major problem! The scary part about your truck sitting that long in storage is that every day it’s delayed the chance that key fobs are are stolen etc goes up! Ram does need to take a look at the problem because it is undoubtedly leading to more problems.
It’s been frustrating…. my order was accepted way back on June 7th when they were still 2021’s, so I’m just about seven months in. And I completely agree with you that the longer it’s sitting at the yard the higher the chances for something bad to happen. I really wish there was something I could do about it, but I think all I can do is just wait some more until I decide I don’t want to wait it out any longer.

I’ve been trying to decide where my line in the sand is. I was thinking at eight months if I still don’t have the truck I’ll cancel the order and maybe try again in a couple of years when the supply chain isn’t so wonky.

matemike

Reaction score
Dang.
All this frustration and negative talk now. I get it, and I sympathize for all with bad experiences. But hadn’t we been seeing / hearing that things were moving along a little better now than 2-3 months ago? At least on the plant’s side of things.
I’m hanging on to that bit of news to keep my hopes up.

dkwagner

Reaction score
Dang.
All this frustration and negative talk now. I get it, and I sympathize for all with bad experiences. But hadn’t we been seeing / hearing that things were moving along a little better now than 2-3 months ago? At least on the plant’s side of things.
The problem is, the ones that are "moving along" are moving right past the ones that were ordered 7 months ago. I'm damn tired of putting up with this kind of treatment.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Good things come to those who wait.

Thanks to this forum I have my dream truck. I was going to settle for used and higher mileage that I liked before getting Mark Dodge’s pricing. My local Southern California Ram dealer contact whom I have purchased numerous fleet and personal Rams from would not budge from MSRP and would only do MSRP if I special ordered.

Special thanks to OfficerDirtySanchez for all his work on the tracking sheet, it was extremely valuable to me, my hats off to you sir! And BRV10, your updates once the truck had shipped were super helpful in my planning my flight to Louisiana.

3500 Laramie HO Cummins Crew Dually 4x4
Dealer: Mark Dodge
Ordered: 7/30/21
D1: 10/28
Equipment Listing: 11/16
Estimated Build Date: 11/17
Window Sticker11/21
Dealer ETA: 12/7-12/24
Arrived At Dealer: 12/8/21
Picked Up: 12/24/21

Just under 19 weeks from order date to arriving at the dealer.

I feel for all you early orders who still have not taken delivery, the wait is worth it! I waited almost exactly 2 weeks to pick my truck up from the dealer that was probably the hardest wait of all knowing that it was sitting there waiting for me and I had already paid for it!

The stock wheels and tires were not even on for 24 hours, I drove straight to Baton Rouge to get wheels tires and leveled. I had intentionally stalled my trip to pick the truck up so that I could surprise my daughter who was going to be alone in Austin, Texas for Christmas. I love this truck but I was looking forward to seeing her more than anything. This has been her dream truck for years and is on her vision board still so of course I had to let her drive it (I need to order my AMP steps ASAP as all 4’11” of her has a hard time climbing in). 1,000 miles on her already and no major complaints yet. The 12” screen has glitched a few times but when you consider what it is and that my brand new iPhone has had glitches as well you can take it with a grain of salt.

We even got to take it on the track at the Circuit of the Americas track in Austin Texas on Christmas Day for their Christmas light event. We didn’t get above 60 miles an hour but it was still pretty awesome taking the big dually for a lap around the race track!

I had my mind made up on a pearl white with the night edition until I saw the chrome on the !Laramie next one in person. Call me old school but the chrome and the semi wheels still does it for me.

And before the mirror comments start I have always run with the moose ears out beginning with my very first 2003 3500 Dually………. I’ve heard all the ghost trailer comments and I really don’t care how they look when they are out, you can just plain see better with them up and that’s all that matters to me!

Sorry for the long post. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!

b2aa1001d59413d275b08319ca5a0999.jpg

e41eb655c93dfd80a758bd43bfa069f9.jpeg

1a8aa8c3d3abdc6ec00c4b6880567a40.jpeg

6e6184b9737105856cb4705b7fd762cc.png

9fd1111bfeeba3223466ae7620b3715d.jpeg

4786f3eeb101033e33b05338a5e670f4.jpeg

2de1c5fea4215f517d99dac9c5bc8c10.jpeg

55dcc5c3fa3a0364b604260ae270684b.jpeg

5af6850cb9105b3f41d544fac007adc0.jpg

a9a071aa211d25c3225f384267c2eec5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using

The problem is, the ones that are "moving along" are moving right past the ones that were ordered 7 months ago. I'm damn tired of putting up with this kind of treatment.
It's kind of like going to a fast food restaurant. You go inside to order, you stand in line and wait and wait, that's when you notice the drive thru line is moving at the speed of light and they act like you don't exist.

WorldYeti

Reaction score
Dang.
It’s not all doom and gloom - lots of great pictures of folks taking delivery of their beautiful trucks and I’m happy to see it.

It’s just that there are a good chunk of us folks with really old orders and it would be really nice to see RAM do some troubleshooting on their most patient customers behalf.

sconym

Reaction score
It’s been frustrating…. my order was accepted way back on June 7th when they were still 2021’s, so I’m just about seven months in. And I completely agree with you that the longer it’s sitting at the yard the higher the chances for something bad to happen. I really wish there was something I could do about it, but I think all I can do is just wait some more until I decide I don’t want to wait it out any longer.

I’ve been trying to decide where my line in the sand is. I was thinking at eight months if I still don’t have the truck I’ll cancel the order and maybe try again in a couple of years when the supply chain isn’t so wonky.
Just an FYI... May 7 was the first day of the 2022 orders. That is the day that I ordered. My truck was just built last week and is supposed to be on a train today to start its trip here.

Users who are viewing this thread