Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

dperry149

Reaction score
Went to dmv and got all that handled today. Place was empty. Couldn’t smog it cause the system hasn’t cycled enough after the codes I cleared, was driving around to get some miles and time on it to clear and got into the throttle pretty hard at an intersection about 15-20 mph and the thing stalled out.

20 minutes later it did it again. All the same codes are back.
did you possibly get some bad fuel?

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all. Here’s the video of my truck I made for my YouTube channel Jtwes

2022 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed (6.4 Hemi Tradesman)
What an Awesome Video! Thank You for taking the time to make it! We ordered on the same day and mine is at the rail yard awaiting the dealer to retrieve. I too debated 4x4, but decided to get it as well. Wished I had went with the spray in bed liner, but will get that done locally. I wanted leather interior, but couldn't afford the upgrade to a Laramie. I'll have Katzkin Leather Interiors upgrade my Big Horn in the near future. They do all the leather work for RAM. I could tell from the beginning you were a Christian given the pleasantries of your voice. Thank You So Much for identifying the reason we celebrate the season because Christ shed his blood on the cross at Calvary to cleanse our sins so our name could be written in the Lamb's Book of Life. Our Trucks are our gifts to ourselves, but the biggest gift was provided by Jesus Christ.....

Jtwes

Reaction score
What an Awesome Video! Thank You for taking the time to make it! We ordered on the same day and mine is at the rail yard awaiting the dealer to retrieve. I too debated 4x4, but decided to get it as well. Wished I had went with the spray in bed liner, but will get that done locally. I wanted leather interior, but couldn't afford the upgrade to a Laramie. I'll have Katzkin Leather Interiors upgrade my Big Horn in the near future. They do all the leather work for RAM. I could tell from the beginning you were a Christian given the pleasantries of your voice. Thank You So Much for identifying the reason we celebrate the season because Christ shed his blood on the cross at Calvary to cleanse our sins so our name could be written in the Lamb's Book of Life. Our Trucks are our gifts to ourselves, but the biggest gift was provided by Jesus Christ.....
Amen Brother. I hope you get your truck soon.

briggDD

Reaction score
What is KZD status, I can’t seem to locate what that one means.
Thanks

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Nice looking build. Long bed or short bed? Looks to be short bed.

When I ordered my dealer said I couldn't get the 50 gallon tank on the short bed? You did it seems. Maybe it's you can't on a short bed gasser, but no clue why that would be, underneath should have the same room unless the tranny for the gasser is weird.
You can’t get it on a short bed. Mine is a long bed.

Tyadcock

Reaction score
I don't believe the trucks will lock with the fob inside.
Yes they will. You can either lock it with your other set of keys or you can use the ram connect to remote start the vehicle. If your keys are inside it will lock the doors and start. I found this one out the hard way. I started my truck from my blind one day while hunting. Keys were in the truck. I walked back to my truck and tried to open the doors but they were locked. Good thing I still had battery in my phone and had reception because I had to log into the ram connect and remote unlock.

Tyadcock

Reaction score
Im sure this has already been discussed but something sticks out on my truck. I have a limited NE and everything is blacked out EXCEPT a single screw on each side of the front wheel wells. All the other screws are black but the 2 are silver. Is it like this on everyone elses NE?

ACEd

Reaction score
Im sure this has already been discussed but something sticks out on my truck. I have a limited NE and everything is blacked out EXCEPT a single screw on each side of the front wheel wells. All the other screws are black but the 2 are silver. Is it like this on everyone elses NE?
Yes - it was discussed earlier - poster had replaced with hardware store screws - I forget dimensions. This option may be problematic as the hardware store variety tend to be black oxide regular steel which may corrode with time particularly in environments with road salt. The silver ones are most likely stainless steel in that location. Not sure what story is on other screws in that area - but another option suggested was black permanent ink sharpie and be prepared to repeat.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Yes they will. You can either lock it with your other set of keys or you can use the ram connect to remote start the vehicle. If your keys are inside it will lock the doors and start. I found this one out the hard way. I started my truck from my blind one day while hunting. Keys were in the truck. I walked back to my truck and tried to open the doors but they were locked. Good thing I still had battery in my phone and had reception because I had to log into the ram connect and remote unlock.
My 1500 5th Gen wouldn't do that,if the fob was in the truck it would unlock.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Yes - it was discussed earlier - poster had replaced with hardware store screws - I forget dimensions. This option may be problematic as the hardware store variety tend to be black oxide regular steel which may corrode with time particularly in environments with road salt. The silver ones are most likely stainless steel in that location. Not sure what story is on other screws in that area - but another option suggested was black permanent ink sharpie and be prepared to repeat.
I have hundreds of the black oem ram screws, the surface is pretty sturdy, have never seen one with silver screws in that area.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
@Scubaz66 @Jtwes
Always good to meet family from all over the place. Loved your video, and that you took the opportunity to speak the gospel. On track to become a pastor and I think that’s important.
Merry Christmas to all the gentlemen on this thread and forum! My Christmas present will be here in a couple months I hope!
Back atcha Ionicbrick.... Merry Christmas to you and Your Family and Happy Birthday Jesus. I'm not a Pastor, but like Jtwes I enjoy salting the Earth with his good will and promise of eternal life. I feel it's my job to get them in the door. That's where you come in...... I figure if I can get them to Church, you can get them to Heaven.... God Bless You Sir!

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Back atcha Ionicbrick.... Merry Christmas to you and Your Family and Happy Birthday Jesus. I'm not a Pastor, but like Jtwes I enjoy salting the Earth with his good will and promise of eternal life. I feel it's my job to get them in the door. That's where you come in...... I figure if I can get them to Church, you can get them to Heaven.... God Bless You Sir!
It’s a coordinated effort for sure! All the parts of the body working together. And now they’ll work with new trucks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread