Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jtwes

Reaction score
Hello all, Iv been following this page for quite sometime and recently decided to join.

Iv got a order date of 9-13-2021 with no movement quite yet. I'm certain this will be a much longer process if I wait it out. Recently found a truck located in Oklahoma which is almost identical. Now I'm in a dilemma of cancelling the order and purchasing the other truck.

Has there been any 9-2021 orders completed on here yet?

Not sure if this is possible but is there any member that has capabilities of tracking the order?

VIN: 3C63R3NL5NG162370 2022 Ram 2500 HO

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!!!
Ordered 9-29 Truck is supposed to be at the dealership tomorrow.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Hello all, Iv been following this page for quite sometime and recently decided to join.

Iv got a order date of 9-13-2021 with no movement quite yet. I'm certain this will be a much longer process if I wait it out. Recently found a truck located in Oklahoma which is almost identical. Now I'm in a dilemma of cancelling the order and purchasing the other truck.

Not sure if this is possible but is there any member that has capabilities of tracking the order?

I ordered my Limited 3500 one day after you ordered yours and mine is KZ status. My VIN is NG163797

nailt29

Reaction score
I ordered my Limited 3500 one day after you ordered yours and mine is KZ status. My VIN is NG163797
Interesting.... I know everything is completely random but I think a lot of it depends on the dealer you purchase through. I purchased from a small dealership in Lamesa TX so I'm sure they don't get shipments very often.

ACEd

Reaction score

163070 ordered 9/13. Delivered 11/24

ACEd

Reaction score

I guess biggest question in my mind is how much $ hit you would take and second - how close is it to what you want.

If you buy off lot most dealers are MSRP or MSRP + Market Adj. Most Spevial orders are well below that but if your Special Order is at MSRP then uou may have another option - new order from one of the deep discounting dealers. And then there is question of deposit.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Interesting.... I know everything is completely random but I think a lot of it depends on the dealer you purchase through. I purchased from a small dealership in Lamesa TX so I'm sure they don't get shipments very often.
The dealer I ordered from isn't very large either. It's Galeana Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT which is in Fort Myers Florida.

The previous truck I ordered and canceled is coming to that dealership. It was too late for them to cancel that order. It is on the Order Tracking Chart without a name. The order date is 9/11/21 and the VIN is NG162500. It's a Laramie with a lot of extras, including the HO. It has the Hydro Blue Pearl color which is no longer an option, That truck's status code is "D" as of 11/29/21. The salesman handling it is David David. Unusual name but easy to remember. He's been great to me so far with updates a couple times a week. Not sure if it's Ok to give a phone number for him here. But if anyone is interested in the truck I canceled they can message me for his cell number and other information regarding what was ordered on it.

Edit: It looks like my name was put back on the Order Tracking sheet for the truck I canceled. It's my screen name. There is a line through that order.

Last edited:

nailt29

Reaction score
I guess biggest question in my mind is how much $ hit you would take and second - how close is it to what you want.

If you buy off lot most dealers are MSRP or MSRP + Market Adj. Most Spevial orders are well below that but if your Special Order is at MSRP then uou may have another option - new order from one of the deep discounting dealers. And then there is question of deposit.
That's very true. I haven't ran the numbers yet but being as my pickup was sold as a cash deal I'm having trouble getting work done with my current truck. Dealer told me estimated ship date was 1/08 - 1/10 but I find that hard to believe since Ram is still "waiting for parts" lol

Tradesman22

Reaction score
August 20th order. Build sheet just populated today but no window sticker. Ram chat says it’s built and ready to be shipped with no ETA. I’ve been really patient for 4 months but it’s definitely a great feeling to see some progress! Hopefully I’ll see it by the end of January

ACEd

Reaction score

I posted this earlier (Equipment Lists means Truck is Built) - but I would call to your attention the September numbers and the difference between end of November and now.
Just under half of the September orders (48.6%) were built as of 11/30 - in the last 3 weeks, they have built 1/4 of the Sept orders to be 75.7% yesterday
Obviously that means nothing with respect to a specific truck and there are still orders from May thru August that are NOT BUILT YET, but at least they are making significant progress.

Present As of 11/30/2021% of OrdersOrdersEquipment ListsAs of 12/21/2021Incr over 11/30% of OrdersNo Data
4777.6%58Equipment Lists (May)571098.3%1
11682.7%138Equipment Lists (June)1321695.7%6
14582.8%163Equipment Lists (July)154994.5%9
8463.6%125Equipment Lists (Aug)1112788.8%14
3648.6%74Equipment Lists (Sept)562075.7%18
1010.1%86Equipment Lists (Oct)443451.2%42
00.0%72Equipment Lists (Nov)101013.9%62
00.0%24Equipment Lists (Dec)114.2%23

Last edited:

ACEd

Reaction score
Funny you said that. I went 6 months with no movement then canceled and almost immediately got the new truck built

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
So did you end up buying it or reordering or ??

ACEd

Reaction score
Nope I have a vin and that is all I have 0 movement since I got vin around 9/23/21
Where are you looking for movement? The spreadsheet is updated based on our inputs - you get the C, D, D1 etc from your dealer, you may (or may not) get meaningful inputs but not codes from RamChat from which you can glean codes - if your parts are collected and you are about to go into production, that equals D1 etc (see first page of forum).

Last edited:

nailt29

Reaction score
I posted this earlier (Equipment Lists means Truck is Built) - but I would call to your attention the September numbers and the difference between end of November and now.
Just under half of the September orders (48.6%) were built as of 11/30 - in the last 3 weeks, they have built 1/4 of the Sept orders to be 75.7% yesterday
Obviously that means nothing with respect to a specific truck and there are still orders from May thru August that are NOT BUILT YET, but at least they are making significant progress.

Present As of 11/30/2021% of OrdersOrdersEquipment ListsAs of 12/21/2021Incr over 11/30% of OrdersNo Data
4777.6%58Equipment Lists (May)571098.3%1
11682.7%138Equipment Lists (June)1321695.7%6
14582.8%163Equipment Lists (July)154994.5%9
8463.6%125Equipment Lists (Aug)1112788.8%14
3648.6%74Equipment Lists (Sept)562075.7%18
1010.1%86Equipment Lists (Oct)443451.2%42
00.0%72Equipment Lists (Nov)101013.9%62
00.0%24Equipment Lists (Dec)114.2%23
Ohh yeah I do recall seeing that. I didn't really know what all the meant until now. Crazy they are still filling orders from May.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
@Thebuilderman nice buddy! I'm glad your build date didn't delay much, if any!
My order was placed the day before yours, and I'm still getting the same response from ramchat- "parts are gathered, and truck should be assembled very soon"

There is still a chance that I'll be on your train!
Let’s hope ours make it on a train! With key fobs!
I have already ordered Bumpers a couple months ago and today I ordered wheels and tires. I will order my cargo tie downs, tailgate protector and bug shield tomorrow.
Gonna auction my truck on EBay second week of January. I’ll figure out my financing then as well.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Where are you looking for movement? The spreadsheet is updated based on our inputs - you get the C, D, D1 etc from your dealer, you may (or may not) get meaningful inputs but not codes from RamChat from which you can glean codes - if your parts are collected and you are about to go into production, that equals D1 etc (see first page of forum).
Kind of makes me wonder if the Megacab is playing a role in this. What I'm trying to say is do you think they are slower at producing Megacab trucks verses the regular Crewcab trucks.

Last edited:

MrTaz

Reaction score
Let’s hope ours make it on a train! With key fobs!
I have already ordered Bumpers a couple months ago and today I ordered wheels and tires. I will order my cargo tie downs, tailgate protector and bug shield tomorrow.
Gonna auction my truck on EBay second week of January. I’ll figure out my financing then as well.
What's the fees for selling it on Ebay? Can't be cheap.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
What's the fees for selling it on Ebay? Can't be cheap.
$50-$74 depending on package and NO percentage if it sells. At least that’s what the guy told me but before I list it I’m gonna call back and talk with someone else just in case. I’m gonna start it for 30k and I’m sure it’ll go quick. I’ll probably list it on FB marketplace and maybe auto trader too.

Reaction score
after the truck gets shipped .. who can you get shipping updates from ? your dealer / sales person? or is there another way of getting those updates

Users who are viewing this thread