Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Nashscarport

Reaction score
This works! I just tried it! If you can get your railcar # you can track your truck!

In case you haven't found a site that shows how to track your truck by rail...here you go.

First you will need the rail car letters and numbers. It is on the visibility report or DORA which is from the dealership. You MAY be able to get it from the SVT people but they seem often in a cranky mood and may tell you to get it from the dealer.

Mine was two letters and 6 numbers from what I remember.

There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again.

ACEd

Reaction score
That's a very possibility however, it could also be a Tire Maintenance Plan where you pay upfront for 4 Tires then should something happen to one it will be replaced free of charge. You can't just go get 4 new tires with this plan and it's very seldom anyone actually uses the plan to the tune of 4 new tires over the life of the vehicle. The strange thing is, the member cannot explain excately how he managed to get 4 free tires so he too may be unaware of what he actually got in the deal.
In all probability the buyer does not care about details - he negotiated a set of tires he wanted in place of OE Firestones or Nexens and dealer selling at MSRP was glad to oblige him to make the deal instead of discounting truck by similar amount - dealer gets tires at wholesale and uses takeoffs to upgrade a used truck in his inventory or sells cheap and sales tax gets lost in the deal - so everyone is happy.

Has nothing to do with Tire Maintenance Plan

Kind of like the guy who got Lagniappe freebee mudflaps or in my case MOPAR Wheel Locks included.

Jtwes

Reaction score
I know a lot of Members are getting ready to take delivery of their new trucks in the next few weeks. Have any of you taken the time to prepare yourself for delivery once you arrive at the dealership? You're going to be like a kid with a free pass to the cookie jar and so excited you will probably forget many of the things you planned to check or questions you wanted to ask the dealer. Over the past 4 months I have put together a Checklist I plan to carry with me during the retrieval of my new truck. This will assure I leave no stone unturned. I've already provided this list to many of the members on his Forum, but for many of the new Members or anyone who missed my original post, if you will let me know I will provide you my list. Cheers! This is particularly important for those members who are flying or driving long distances to retrieve their truck. It will help you to concentrate on the important factors regarding your purchase before you leave the dealership!
I’ll take one.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
So now someone needs to get Officerdirtysanchez’s info so we can send him a Christmas gift as well.
Im gonna PM him.
Brv10 and him really make others happy. Maybe we can try to reciprocate.
Thanks you guys.

Maybe both of them have a Paypal Friends and Family account? All we need is their PayPal email so we can send money to their accounts. This way the money goes straight to them. Hey BVR10 and OfficerDirtySanchez care to provide this information?
Thank you! I genuinely appreciate the love, guys. It's what will keep me in this thread and continuing to update the spreadsheet even after I get my truck.

I spend time on the speadsheet because it's a hobby. And I like adding value to the community we have here.

I've already benefited in numerous ways. From @brv10's very much appreciated unsolicited updates on my build status to the other member here who sold and shipped me his takeoff wheels when he could have more easily sold them to his dealer. I feel I've already been "paid back" for the time I've put into the spreadsheet and data collection.

I also have to point out that I couldn't have even started this project if it weren't for @Brutal_HO and anyone else who continues to invest their time and money in this forum. There isn't another platform (looking at you, Facebook) which drives as much genuine and valuable conversation as this forum does. Thank you to Brutal and any other mods out there!

All of this is to say- I'm a happy dude and have everything I need. If you're in a thankful and giving mood, consider donating a couple bucks to a charity that's important to you. Or get one extra little thing for your spouse/kid/friend/dog for the holidays and make sure to tell them you love them.

Happy Holidays!

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Thank you! I genuinely appreciate the love, guys. It's what will keep me in this thread and continuing to update the spreadsheet even after I get my truck.

I spend time on the speadsheet because it's a hobby. And I like adding value to the community we have here.

I've already benefited in numerous ways. From @brv10's very much appreciated unsolicited updates on my build status to the other member here who sold and shipped me his takeoff wheels when he could have more easily sold them to his dealer. I feel I've already been "paid back" for the time I've put into the spreadsheet and data collection.

I also have to point out that I couldn't have even started this project if it weren't for @Brutal_HO and anyone else who continues to invest their time and money in this forum. There isn't another platform (looking at you, Facebook) which drives as much genuine and valuable conversation as this forum does. Thank you to Brutal and any other mods out there!

All of this is to say- I'm a happy dude and have everything I need. If you're in a thankful and giving mood, consider donating a couple bucks to a charity that's important to you. Or get one extra little thing for your spouse/kid/friend/dog for the holidays and make sure to tell them you love them.

Happy Holidays!
You are one awesome dude Sir!

Scubaz66

Reaction score

Happy Holidays!
Thanks OfficerDirtySanchez! Dad's taking me to Pets Mart tomorrow and getting me something from "YOU" for Christmas! Probably a New Blanket so I don't get dog hair all over Scuba's New Truck! LOL

Attachments

• Harley.jpg
    Harley.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 26

CJM

Reaction score
You're conflating customer orders and dealer inventory units. Customer orders do NOT take away from their allocated units.

You are misinformed! Dealer allocation includes both stock and sold orders!
I placed a order in January and had to wait until February for the dealer to
have allocation enough to order.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Ordered my 2022 2500 Limited Cummins on 12/6. Dealer says they expect it here end of January. Got 13% off an MSRP of $80,820 + Tax Title and 500 doc fee.
End of January... Yea right. I can sell you a bridge with a January delivery date. You interested? Most people on here are at 16 weeks or more and still waiting. I'm at 13 weeks and don't expect to see mine until the 3rd week in January, maybe the first week in February.

Last edited:

owdiss78

Reaction score
Ordered my 2022 2500 Limited Cummins on 12/6. Dealer says they expect it here end of January. Got 13% off an MSRP of $80,820 + Tax Title and 500 doc fee.

I’m at 13 weeks no movement at all on a limited and I’m guessing maybe by may or at least hope for the year 2022 some time since no movement and no reason or any info what so ever from ram or dealer. Also told if I didn’t order sunroof I hardly use anyway I would have by January well I’m definitely thinking I should of just ordered it because no way it’s going to be here is January from a sept 20 2021 order so good luck getting in 6 weeks

Reactions: J-J

J-J

Reaction score
I’m at 13 weeks no movement at all on a limited and I’m guessing maybe by may or at least hope for the year 2022 some time since no movement and no reason or any info what so ever from ram or dealer. Also told if I didn’t order sunroof I hardly use anyway I would have by January well I’m definitely thinking I should of just ordered it because no way it’s going to be here is January from a sept 20 2021 order so good luck getting in 6 weeks
I have a fully loaded out laramie wish I would have went longhorn at this point..Mine went vin, to D back to C now back to D which means zero movement and watching all these vins past me be delivered for no reason. This will be my last ram product ever.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread