Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

rauan

Reaction score
Sorry for off topic. Does anyone have mopar trifold soft tonneau cover installed on rambox bed?

Please let me know I need urgently help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmh2007

Reaction score
Sorry for off topic. Does anyone have mopar trifold soft tonneau cover installed on rambox bed?

Please let me know I need urgently help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine will have it when it gets delivered. I might be interested in your question and answer as well

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

WorldYeti

Reaction score
When do the rail yards shut down for the holidays? And how long to trucks normally sit at the rail yard? Mine is sitting less then 100 miles away and its killing me
I was wondering the same thing about holidays for the rail yard. As far as how long trucks sit there, it’s pretty variable, but it can be weeks.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I’m tired from driving and don’t want to read to see if there is an answer yet. Its a combination of fees, taxes, etc. here are the ones for my truck. They’ll get this to you at signing. There is more to the right that shows all the totals. At “closing” they add the registration/taxes to the purchase. They also bump the doc fee from 225 to 425.
I found Thomas to be pretty straightforward with answers. I had the same question for him, you’ll see that in the attachment.
My doc fee stayed at the original 225. I worked with Reggie for financing.

Mbz diesel

Reaction score
I can't imagine what some of the older orders go through trying to do the mental gymnastics of figuring out how newer orders are built more quickly, etc. My 10/2 Mark Dodge Limited MegCab order is still gathering parts best RamChat knows. I don't have the HO engine but i do have sunroof on mine.

It's good to see Sconym's order and other older orders come through. Overall it seems like the ordering process is leveling out from a timing perspective for recent orders. Is it fair to say the factory timing seems to be near normal and it's the shipping that is delaying things more than in the past?
i ordered almost the same truck on 10/1, no movement or ship date. almost ready to give up and buy one off the lot

Coonhound

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing about holidays for the rail yard. As far as how long trucks sit there, it’s pretty variable, but it can be weeks.
I doubt there is any shut down of the rails for holidays. Things may slow a bit but there's always a low man on the totem pole that has to work. Pretty sure it's a 365 day 24/7 gig.

Rampingup

Reaction score
Is it me or has production of the 2500 CC Limited's w/ Cummins been in a drought or what?
I was thinking similar but with the 3500 Limiteds w/Cummins. Perhaps a shortage of some specific part for Limited?? Purely a guess. I'm sure zones/full train shipping/ parts all play in to the long wait. For those who ordered before they started building it is even longer. Hopefully they will all be filled. From the looks of the VIN numbers, they got a lot of trucks to build and only so many per day can go out given the best of conditions.

Rampingup

Reaction score
I doubt there is any shut down of the rails for holidays. Things may slow a bit but there's always a low man on the totem pole that has to work. Pretty sure it's a 365 day 24/7 gig.
I had several family members who worked the railroads. They loved the holidays. They could make triple time and a half pay under the right conditions.

Robfreitas

Reaction score
Im just hoping they will be pushing to get the sales in before the end of the year. Mine was unloaded at the rail yard Saturday and seeing its only 100 miles im hoping it this week. As far as the shipping goes i think the trucks will keep running except for Christmas day and new years but im just assuming the rail yard is a pretty decent job with a strong union so i would think they get plenty of time off. Just hopefully not too many of them take the week

Ajbjorkman

Reaction score
i ordered almost the same truck on 10/1, no movement or ship date. almost ready to give up and buy one off the lot
Yes, looks like we have a similar build a day apart at the same dealer. I'm not technically in a big rush since I mostly want it for camping. I already have a truck to use that i'll trade in but like anything shiny and new, once I made the order I'm excited for it to come. I'm still hoping for February but if it lapses until April/May I will start to go stir crazy. The longer we wait the more uncertainty for trade value and interest rates.

Mbz diesel

Reaction score
Yes, looks like we have a similar build a day apart at the same dealer. I'm not technically in a big rush since I mostly want it for camping. I already have a truck to use that i'll trade in but like anything shiny and new, once I made the order I'm excited for it to come. I'm still hoping for February but if it lapses until April/May I will start to go stir crazy. The longer we wait the more uncertainty for trade value and interest rates.
has the dealer gave you any updates? they told me check back end of january. its my daily driver so thats why its hard to wait

RIDEaCANYON

Reaction score
I know I will get flack for writing the following, and so be it, but.........

The one I feel sorry for is the small town dealers! FCA's allocation system is putting them at such a disadvantage they are not able to compete
with the dealers that are selling over the internet. While dealers like Mark Dodge and others, discount prices and sell more trucks, it is making it harder
for the small dealers to order trucks. Personally, I think FCA should do away with the allocation system and just enter orders as ordered to allow smaller dealers
to get trucks and be able to compete against the bigger dealers. FCA will still sell the same number of trucks, it will just help spread sales to the small dealers.

I am not blaming people wanting to save a dollar. But, dealers such as Mark Dodge will discount the sale because they are never going to see you again, Once you leave
the lot they are basically done with you. They do not have to worry about any warranty or service work unless you are local. They people that drive 2000 miles to purchase
a truck will be the first ones expecting top notch service from the local dealer when they have problems. Many dealers are encountering problems with warranty work because
time allowed by FCA for warranty repairs are usually not enough to cover the actual mechanics time needed to do the repair. Again, I think the fix for this would be for FCA
to NOT allow sales out of a dealers given area. FCA did this between Canada & the USA, why can they not do it between Provinces & States?

The internet has done as much damage as it has done good. It's too bad because soon there will not be any small hometown businesses left, everything will just be ordered off the
internet from places like Amazon and such. I just wish that FCA had polocies that would allow the small volume dealers to be able to compete against the large volume dealers!
I understand what you are saying about some small town dealers but man I tried to work with my local dealer where I purchased a new Durango RT before my wifes new GC Summit, our '18 Wrangler, AND my current Ram 2500. I have also purchased Maximum Care Warranties through them for all these vehicles and they do all my service. Needless to say I have kept my business local and spent a more than my fair share with them. Now this September is started to try to work with them on ordering a new Power Wagon and they have been the biggest thieves I have encountered. At one point I called in to get a price on a PW that was in transit, the salesman knew who I was, asked to put me on hold and apparently didn't have enough training on how to use the phone, as I heard a beep but the phone was not muted and I heard him yell to the sales manager "hey it's the power wagon guy, do we want to try for 5k or 10k over MSRP? He's was in here to price an order yesterday so he really wants one". Needless to say it was a very short conversation after he once again hit the wrong button to "unmute" me and told me they needed 10k over MSRP due to "Market Adjustment". (that was 2 months ago and the truck is still sitting there by the way). So then I continued to try to work with their commercial guy to order my PW, MSRP works out to 67,775 and they wouldn't budge. Not for my affiliate rewards, not for the 4 other vehicles I have bought from them, nothing. Then they estimated my trade of my mint 2500 to be 8k under avg kbb! No loyalty by them, non-coming from me. I was able to find another dealership here in Pittsburgh that was willing to do 2k below MSRP on a PW order which I thought was great, but luckily I found this forum and ordered mine for over 7k below MSRP. Even if Ram MSRP goes up before mine ships I'll still save THOUSANDS and will sleep very well at night since I know for a fact my local dealer that I was loyal to for many years, would bend me over in a heartbeat to make a buck when an even smaller dealership just down the road 30 mins would give me 2k off. Times are tough for everyone, need to protect your own.

Hallelujah! Holy$h!t. Where's the Tylenol?

Sorry for the rant... probably better suited for the the MSRP thread but I guess I need to just air out all that frustration from my experience. Please no one take it personal. On a happier note I literally just got my D1 status and a est ship date of 1/29 from my new dealer!

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Heads-UP,
A train full of RAMs just arrived SLC!

Here's my timeline for the ordering process:
July 1st, 2021 - Order placed (#205 on order tracking sheet)
10/22/ - VIN 3C63R3JLXNG118922 "D Status"
11/04/ - Scheduled for production "D1 Status"
11/24/ - Build sheet posted ~ 146 days from order date!
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=3C63R3JLXNG118922

11/25 - Window Sticker!
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C63R3JLXNG118922

12/20 - Arrived Rail Yard SLC!
Do you know any day you went KZM ? Just wondering if my truck is on that same train. Have to be trucked to Boise from there.

MT1

Reaction score
Truck was built some time in the last week or two and is now awaiting shipment. Cool.

Last edited:

Maui Time

Reaction score
I have a window sticker. Thank you to those responsible for this forum thread. I would have never know I could see the window sticker and get this much info without you guys.
I have a VIN. How did you find your window sticker?

Jtwes

Reaction score
Was told today my Truck arrived in Walker Town NC ( just outside Winston-Salem NC) and should be unloaded today or tomorrow. The dealer Kernersville Dodge has there on trucking company to pick up vehicles.
ordered 9-29
built 12-1
shipped 12-4 I think
Arrived at depot 12-17
Ram 2500 longbed crew cab 4x4 Tradesmen 6.4 hemi

thkbaron

Reaction score
Yeah, this has been discussed here. Un real stupid on Chrysler. I hope you can change that in settings or program that out with one of them OBD thingamiggigy’s. They should also tar and feather the moron who came up with that electronic nanny. Obviously someone who doesn’t drive or need a truck. Maybe doesn’t drive at all.

thkbaron

Reaction score
just spoke with RAM chat today. They said that all the parts are available for both the wife's durango and my power wagon. I guess it's in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process whatever that means.

Users who are viewing this thread