Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

gator6

Reaction score
My wife's jeep is on her actual 4th replacement for the radio.. it has thr 8.4 in it and man that thing is horrible.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

At least it’s under warranty!

My wife was in an accident back in April (someone pulled out in front of her), and it took two months to get the vic back from the shop. Then I drove it…this is wrong, this is wrong, you need to fix this, and the damn radio ($1200) was on the fritz (locks up). Chrysler finally said this could be because the third party wire harness that was put on possibly shorted out the radio group, but instead of fighting more with the shop, we just filed it under warranty.

Just make sure when it comes in you have the dealer contact the responsible person. I told the wife to schedule an oil change when she took in her Pacifica for the radio install, and when I went to pick it up the service guy said he’ll give me a call to set up another appointment when the radio gets back in. Apparently she didn’t schedule this appointment w/in 30 days and they sent it back to avoid being charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: J-J

Dan222500

Reaction score
Equipment list popped up Wednesday morning and window sticker popped up last night. Getting excited! Is there a way to tell what my trucks payload will be now that it’s been built?
How do you check for equipment list?

Bigkeeper

Reaction score
Was going to say that too, but I’m sure he didn’t want to hear it.

Hopefully it’s music to his ears, at a minimum he should end up with a better deal either where he put his deposit down or moving to a retail everywhere dealer with aggressive pricing business model

ACEd

Reaction score
About to punt that jeep it's a 2020 and the seat motor went out now too.. always something with it.

Some times you just have to bite the bullet and say its time to go - had a Porsche one time that spent more time in shop in 3 years than my other car did in 15 yrs and more than twice the miles (incl overlap). Never looked back when it was gone.

J-J

Reaction score
At least it’s under warranty!

My wife was in an accident back in April (someone pulled out in front of her), and it took two months to get the vic back from the shop. Then I drove it…this is wrong, this is wrong, you need to fix this, and the damn radio ($1200) was on the fritz (locks up). Chrysler finally said this could be because the third party wire harness that was put on possibly shorted out the radio group, but instead of fighting more with the shop, we just filed it under warranty.

Just make sure when it comes in you have the dealer contact the responsible person. I told the wife to schedule an oil change when she took in her Pacifica for the radio install, and when I went to pick it up the service guy said he’ll give me a call to set up another appointment when the radio gets back in. Apparently she didn’t schedule this appointment w/in 30 days and they sent it back to avoid being charged.

It's been a hassle every time we have been to the dealership with that thing.they made her wait for 2 extra hours once because they didn't tell her it was done. She got bored and went walking around and saw it parked behind other cars near a fence. Mind you it's been back 2 more times so it was never fixed.

Robfreitas

Reaction score
I ordered 9/13 and later MSRP at time of actual purchase (and POC sheet printout) also showed higher prices by about $1000 - but dealer never mentioned it and deal was as originally quoted no increase.

But I did see on bottom of some of the more recent POC sheets a disclaimer about price increases. Based on my experience and the proximity to your order date, I think its most likely the original POC would be firm (after all its a Priced Order Confirmation), particularly if you have one that says D or D1 code as opposed to the B codes before order is set or if you have a POC with no disclaimer at bottom.

And if you put a deposit down based on a price quote, I would think you would have the right to cancel and get deposit back, particularly if dealer did not notify you when price increased (late October?), but I can not answer your question as to who gets stuck (if anyone) with increase after order is placed. But in my personal experience, I did not pay the higher price. Hope that helps.
Thanks for your input. Yeah just dont think its right. Ive just been going by when my salesman has said, he said he asked the manager but you know how that goes. Once i get to the dealership im going to sit down with the manager and try to talk to him about it. Also yeah the msrp went up but what did the dealers actual invoice go up, im sure not 1000 dollars

gator6

Reaction score
Agree - or get quote from Mark Dodge and see if they will match or come down to an acceptable number - rather than restart clock on ordering. You dont have to place order with MD to get quote

This is another good point, the dealer may not want to lose the business. However, they already have your money so you go at them with another dealers quote they may just say “sorry, we got a deal” and you’ll just have to eat it.

I almost made this same mistake, but a guy hit me up on Facebook and told me about y’all and Mark Dodge. Probably the best comment I’ve ever received on Facebook.

J-J

Reaction score
Some times you just have to bite the bullet and say its time to go - had a Porsche one time that spent more time in shop in 3 years than my other car did in 15 yrs and more than twice the miles (incl overlap). Never looked back when it was gone.
If it were only up to me that thing would be back to them already.. wife's jeep but she's getting fed up with it now too.

gator6

Reaction score
I ordered 9/13 and later MSRP at time of actual purchase (and POC sheet printout) also showed higher prices by about $1000 - but dealer never mentioned it and deal was as originally quoted no increase.

But I did see on bottom of some of the more recent POC sheets a disclaimer about price increases. Based on my experience and the proximity to your order date, I think its most likely the original POC would be firm (after all its a Priced Order Confirmation), particularly if you have one that says D or D1 code as opposed to the B codes before order is set or if you have a POC with no disclaimer at bottom.

And if you put a deposit down based on a price quote, I would think you would have the right to cancel and get deposit back, particularly if dealer did not notify you when price increased (late October?), but I can not answer your question as to who gets stuck (if anyone) with increase after order is placed. But in my personal experience, I did not pay the higher price. Hope that helps.

Sandi told me the price could fluctuate a few hundred dollars, even my POC states that. But most people here are saying that their dealerships are pretty good about meeting in the middle for some things.

sconym

Reaction score
Window sticker finally!!!! Got an email last night that my window sticker was available! Still no build sheet available, but the truck is built finally. Looks like it has all the options exactly like I ordered also. Will check on the shipping plan this week. Hopefully not too long of a trip to Vegas.

Ordered 05/07
VIN 05/11
D-D1 and back a couple few different times
JS 12/17
Window sticker 12/18

Scott’s window sticker

Bigkeeper

Reaction score
It's been a hassle every time we have been to the dealership with that thing.they made her wait for 2 extra hours once because they didn't tell her it was done. She got bored and went walking around and saw it parked behind other cars near a fence. Mind you it's been back 2 more times so it was never fixed.

One of the reasons I purchased the Hemi, I’ll do my own oil changes and hope not to ever visit a dealership again, would have done the same with the Cummins but the chance for maintenance above my ability is greater there

ACEd

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Yeah just dont think its right. Ive just been going by when my salesman has said, he said he asked the manager but you know how that goes. Once i get to the dealership im going to sit down with the manager and try to talk to him about it. Also yeah the msrp went up but what did the dealers actual invoice go up, im sure not 1000 dollars
My point is I am not sure that dealer cost went up - as mine never mentioned increase. In my case MSRP went up $900 on sticker and Invoice went up $826 on POC sheet, but again, increase was never even mentioned by dealer.

But a lot may depend on what price you are getting, if you are at MSRP or even Family/Friends or Affiliate pricing, there is enough slack to absorb some increase to dealer. I was on the Affiliate Pricing from local dealer (not as good as EP or some of the MD deals that are well below invoice - note there is generally about a $2500 holdback that dealer gets at end of year if they make certain goals)

J-J

Reaction score
One of the reasons I purchased the Hemi, I’ll do my own oil changes and hope not to ever visit a dealership again, would have done the same with the Cummins but the chance for maintenance above my ability is greater there
Understandable, her jeep is a hemi the o lying reason it goes in is for the warranty work. I do the oil changes most of the time.

Combra6589

Reaction score
Anyone else having CarPlay issues of it not connecting I couldn’t find on other threads how to reboot Uconnect 5

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
My wife's jeep is on her actual 4th replacement for the radio.. it has thr 8.4 in it and man that thing is horrible.

I have had 3 8.4 nav radios in my last 3 trucks, no problems.

owdiss78

Reaction score
Window sticker finally!!!! Got an email last night that my window sticker was available! Still no build sheet available, but the truck is built finally. Looks like it has all the options exactly like I ordered also. Will check on the shipping plan this week. Hopefully not too long of a trip to Vegas.

Ordered 05/07
VIN 05/11
D-D1 and back a couple few different times
JS 12/17
Window sticker 12/18

Scott’s window sticker

Happy for ya it finally moving. I was watching yours crossing fingers the old orders keep filling in so it gets closer to mine and cross fingers I get my 9/20 order in 2022 some time since hasn’t moved at all yet.

Users who are viewing this thread